Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
First

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Elon musk is the most important person born since The Christ (E-Free version)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Been saving this for the new thread.

"Emo Ox"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
For the other threads regulars a question. Would you go back in time and kill baby Elon or baby Hitler?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Piell posted:

LMAO, Musk posts messages between himself and Matt Taibbi and deleted them like shortly after

*pinches bridge of nose*
Matt, subscribers are not employers they are patrons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Where da musk?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Fired

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Lol at musk not understanding freelance journalism.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ikanreed posted:

I think he just doesn't understand working for a living.

It does look like he thought because he gave taibbi and shelly access to Twitter data that they were his journalists now. Idk dude maybe pay people you thunk are your employees if you want pet journalists.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

DynamicSloth posted:

Why on earth would he when they're lining up to debase themselves for free for him?

Musk got everything he needed to get out of the twitter files, a momentary distraction from everything else he's loving up now that the money faucet is off. He never cared about the critique Taibbi thought he was developing (and clearly catering to Musk).

This is the same critique you can make of any journalist. Credulity in news reporting may or may not be a problem depending on one's opinion.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

WhyteRyce posted:

did journalists flock to mastodon or is that dead

Mastodon is dead. Substack has a better chance. A lot of twitter journos also have substack newsletters. I can see fintwit making the jump and if it does twitter is done.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Wamsutta posted:

there was like a four month window where you couldn’t open the goddamn app without seeing eliza blue poo poo everywhere, now she’s a non-entity. which is great but lol how quickly she shut the gently caress up after cashing in on her grift and then being exposed as having been in a hip hop video and losing her poo poo trying to get it scrubbed

Never happened to me. My feed has always been those who I follow and their likes or retweets

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

the milk machine posted:

maybe this isn’t the thread for it but I’m starting to suspect this ‘deep state’ doesn’t have our best interests in mind

This is the "deep state" support thread.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Groovelord Neato posted:

There was a week or so where Musk was forcing everyone on For You even on desktop and people would be getting catturd and Matt Walsh right at the top.

Well see here is the problem. I'm smart and after the first time this happened I flipped tabs immediately.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Groovelord Neato posted:

It forced it back for that week at least on desktop.

I use a phone so not my problem I suppose. See we just have to press one spot on start up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645863107175284738?cxt=HHwWhIDUwdPxo9ctAAAA

Oh sorry, you asked about funny things. Well funny is definitely not what you'll find on Musk's account.

Not intentional funny, at least.

A day before dead island 2 releases.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

We are back baby!
:bisonyes:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Wait until musk learns where Lee works

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

tenderjerk posted:

when did this lovely thread become imp zone

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Musk is owning everyone. Perfect man. Didn't delete my twitter!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

NPR has a few growing affiliate stations that aggressively killed or took over independent stations, killed good programming, fired people, and made a shitload of money for it. KUOW is my sworn enemy. NPR in general is liberal media and is aligned with the state. using funding a proxy for being a mouthpiece is stupid and the whole thing really doesn't have a point beyond spectacle. but if you consider yourself left of the democratic party NPR is not your friend, even though they do have some listenable shows.

A lot of NPR's affiliate stations murdered the gently caress out of leftist radio programs whose stations they took over. gently caress 'em. chinese journalists have managed to wear the thorny STATE AFFILIATED MEDIA crown for years. NPR lost their poo poo immediately. And they lost their poo poo about it because they know they're the ones who are supposed to get to decide who biased media is.

broadcast media in the US is fully in bed with the US government. all the independent journalists have gone crazy, thrown in with one of the flavors of liberal, or are no longer allowed on broadcast media. elon musk is also deep in bed with the US government and whatever the gently caress this sideshow is for, who knows. there's kind of a kayfabe here between the american right and slightly further right and their various personalities and aligned media that people repeatedly fall for even when it gets repeatedly explained to them, tenderjerk, god dammit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1tfkESPVY

anyway watch this video if you haven't seen it before. a nice cia agent tells the truth for some reason. this is still how things work, except now there are only a handful of media blocs and there's no real opposition who would consider not doing what a nice state official asked them to do.

if you are someone who thinks the us government is bad, the cia is bad, etc but also think that NPR being bullied by elon musk is a problem, you need to get your poo poo together. at least it would be nice if some of you did. also if anyone thinks that the us government is ftw you should feel free to say it here in the elon musk free speech thread. dissenting voices are important and i think a few people may be holding back for fear of getting dogpiled.

Buddy this post caused you to Crack the top 100 most ignored users. Congratulations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

you made me look which let me catch

you dropped down a spot too

Lol congratulations 16-bb. You have begun the journey of pissing off all of yospos

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
If you want a link to the cspam discord pm me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The cspam discord has full nitro :wiggle:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Oh cool. I can follow him on there too

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I can start posting greenwalds here? People are talking about him again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

I'm asking the authoritative body.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this is the musk thread you can only post elon musk or post tweets relating to elon musk

Thank you! Glad we have a firm steady hand at the wheel with a solid vision for this thread!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Circling back to Taibbi on Truth Social:

This seems like the good and proper move for Taibbi. Independe t Journalists use social media sites to promote their stories and substacks, but Taibbi is running out of options. Facebook is still #1 evil so Taibbi can't go there. Elon revealed he is a hypocrite and has effectively banned Taibbi from twitter. Mastodon, Tumblr, or Gab don't really have as wide of an audience plus a all three work with the deep state. Tik Tok will be banned soon by the by the evil American empire while the liberal fascists cheer on. That leaves Truth Social as the last remaining wide audience large social media site.

A smart move. Wish others could see that, but sadly they have very few brain wrinkles.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mr Interweb posted:

where are you getting this? from what i've seen, "liberal fascists" are the only ones defending tiktok

Hit dog holler

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Zokari posted:

attention: i have a certain poster on my ignore list so i would appreciate it if everyone immediately ceased quoting and responding to them in any way

god bless

I have elon blocked too. It is hard sometimes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hoe many kids does elon musk have?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I appreciate all the good joke posts. :cheerdoge:

Thank you. 9 kids is a lot. A very virile man. Strong. Someone we can look up to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Good. Journalists shouldn't give up when the pressure rises.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'll take the sixer foe this, but I feel this video really ties into the twitter files discussion. I know most of you won't watch it, but I hope some do, actually listen to what is said, and digest it.
https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1646685535463964672?t=eM6icntEEab2ZyLQphsMjQ&s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Oglethorpe posted:

what motherfucker

hootington are you buying these avs because you're tired of being made fun of

Does it matter what I answer?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm not buying the avatars, but you all will believe whatever you want since I'm evil or something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

trucutru posted:

I watched it and you deserve at least six days.

Like, seriously, you have this muppet fellow going to Fox News (bastion of journalism) to blabber the most basic platitudes and you think it is interesting? or something that needs to be digested? It's basically thin gruel for their audience.

Yes I would say pointing out that the major media outlets put on a very public display of being the lap dogs of the USA government and usa intelligence is a good and important point to make. People lapping up what these outlets who worked on this are rubes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Anyway musk is right to label various American media outlets as usa propaganda. Hope he does it to the major TV networks snd newspapers next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Tucker Tucker Tucker Tucker Tucker Tucker

Idk dipshit maybe Tucker Carlson being the only one pointing out or having guests point out problems like this is a big problem too???? Idk maybe I need to huff some spray paint and get the brain damage needed to not understand a God damned thing.