Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Ex the everything wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Making fun of anyone for their personal life choices is not an acceptable behavior. It's disappointing to see people resort to ridiculing Elon Musk for his divorce, especially given his many contributions to the fields of technology and entrepreneurship.

Divorce is a sensitive topic, and it's not fair or appropriate to shame someone for a decision that is often made after a great deal of reflection and consideration. It's important to treat others with empathy and respect, even if we disagree with their actions.

Let's focus on discussing Elon Musk's achievements and contributions to society instead of making fun of his personal life. That way, we can engage in productive and meaningful conversations that benefit us all.

GPT or D&D, I can't tell.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I'm the flat loving tires

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'm beginning to doubt the moral character of this musk family

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol at musk not understanding freelance journalism.

I think he just doesn't understand working for a living.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'm actually serious about that. He doesn't think that anything might matter to people more than his dumb Twitter spats.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Adenoid Dan posted:

How has that been working for us?

Do "we" own a private prison or "lease" "prison labor"?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

shyduck posted:

Hey remember when like a week ago Elon signed onto that letter requesting a pause on all AI development

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1645940821974487040?t=LZaCcqSUm7Dt-kRl2CrdAw&s=19

Microsoft Taye 100% Speedrun, glitches, no out of bounds.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

rodbeard posted:

what is this thread about?

Interesting.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

rodbeard posted:

what is this thread about?

!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'm maximally curious about this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
To be fair, his dumb loving cars are terrible for the environment so he isn't hypocritical

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

LegoMan posted:

Did you explain the literal second they leave the house 5g is destroying their DNA no matter what?

Yeah but DNA destruction is endemic and you gotta live your life

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

He just wants there to be a bigger meltdown than him buying Twitter

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Grey Fox posted:

Nothing but the biggest brands offering the finest products on twitter promotions https://twitter.com/Namtoshi69/status/1647458663685148673

Wow, look at that libertarian adding something new to the empty debate.

Who looks at this and thinks it makes them look good?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

shyduck posted:

17.99 years old: baby brain
18.00 years old: enlightened adult

This is a terrible argument in other cases like contracts, labor, age of consent, and other cases where we place a legal hard line where there is obviously no fundamental biological reason for that number.

No the problem is that you're giving fascists their unstated premise that medical care requested by a patient and approved by a doctor is somehow equal to sexual activity.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The gently caress does this even mean?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Der Meister posted:

why would anyone want this

Because regular insurance companies didn't want to insure Teslas for cheap due to their higher than higher than normal crash frequency, and cost to repair.

So Tesla sold their own insurance with extra silicon valley

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

euphronius posted:

it’s 8$ a month . why do they always leave off its every month

Because subscription services are designed to play on that cognitive weakness.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

19 o'clock posted:

try not to break major infrastructure though

This kind of narrow thinking is why you don't have $8

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The criticism about Verification that I can agree on is that people with checkmarks gets faster and a more guaranteed response from admins regarding their reports compared to regular folks. Understandably, Twitter is enormous and has millions of people so moderation is either going to be slow, automatic or not review anyone's reports. So the big people/companies get prioritized for better PR. But moderation means pretty much nothing now because Musk has stripped so much of Twitter staff. You pay the guy 8 bucks for a check to brag about with features that may or may not work.

This post is oppressing my conservative views

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nasa has planned for him to launch 5 of these things in order to land men on the moon again

lmao

Wait wait wait wait wait. Artemis was planned to go on loving starship?

Are you serious?

Neoliberalism has ground our ability to achieve anything to dust

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I think they're boosting the musk simps above normal accounts in the replies now.

Correct. That one was one of the things Elon said he'd do. It's one of the few features of blue that ought to appeal to Twitter's insane user base.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen today

There was some explosive laughter

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Did anything funny happen in the last 40 pages

Only one tiny explosion. Not much

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

tenderjerk posted:

this is actionable to the right attorney op

Sure but the affirmative defense of "this is a normal way users talk to each other, with decades of history, making safe harbor provisions applicable" has a better chance in court than "our CEO thought it was a good way to make people buy our product"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Even if there was some endorsement fraud lawsuit Elon Musk would easily win

But the trial would produce content for us.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Zeroisanumber posted:

God, Musk just loves the c-tier Onion.

This grade inflation is destroying academia

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Does... Everyone have a blew chick now?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

mdemone posted:

imagine first of all, even if you don't know who Steve Albini is, that you'd immediately assume that nobody else does either

same energy as this tweet:

https://twitter.com/xxenna66/status/1650326054886670338?s=20

Industrially polished smooth brains out there

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Just a Moron posted:

That can't be right, that's something only an idiot would say :thunk:

You could be a shill, knowing that your loyalty would be rewarded.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Have we considered banning all social media?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ben shapino posted:

can non-milfs sign up or is it just for milfs to message each other?

Do you live in a single party milf state or a dual-milf state?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Stereotype posted:

some solid evidence that we are doomed as a species is that when told about the huge number of problems directly caused by cars the only solutions anyone seems to be able to imagine are "electric cars" or "cars that can drive themselves poorly"

Unfair to making one more lane, but underground

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Field Mousepad posted:

That's what's messing me up about the whole thing. Like yeah let's not focus 100% on the launches being successful, we gotta make sure we can reuse them and save a few bucks.

But he does it so much cheaper than NASA!

the public funds dedicated solely to funding the privatization of space for just this year were as much as the entire Apollo program.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Imagine volunteering to be a human passenger on a budget rocket.

The US is absolutely reinvent sentencing people to transport by 2030, aren't we?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

mdemone posted:

I've got my money on Bennu because it's gonna have a lot of chances. Nobody is gonna be around to see it, though, that's too bad.

That's a cumulative chance in the chance column. And barely a kilometer is no dinosaur killer

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1653781854242103296

absolutely shocked another move in elan's 11th dimensional chess failed to work out

That's just because you don't see the checkmate coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

toggle posted:

how is spraying concrete dust and chunks of metal/concrete on a wildlife reserve the "greastest good for all" ?

The government handed Elon musk billions of dollars to do it.