Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Hatebag posted:

Is he wearing a bulletproof vest or is that just his torso?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJmpwkUx4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

they absolutely can lol, nothing special about the tesla tires (except the cybertruck of course)

Special tires that generate thrust via wheel rotation

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Someone tried to explain to Elon that social networks make money by monetizing user data. Now he is paranoid that everyone is trying to steal Twitter’s data.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Umbrella also has the “combat data” excuse every time a zombie virus escapes and destroys everything they own.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm being told that actually musk INTENDED to poo poo his pants for all the DATA

Accelerating the development of X, the everything diaper.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I am incapable of understanding how a blue check was ever considered a status symbol when it just functionally tells you the user really is who they claim to be. The "elitist" portion comes from actually being that famous celebrity or billionaire or whatever. Pretending you're on equal ground by paying for a checkmark is incredibly stupid.

It is literally magical thinking. They think manipulating the sign will manipulate the object being signified. They can identify a relationship between two things but they don’t understand or willfully ignore how that relationship works.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

How long do you think Elon is going to keep using that halloween avatar

He’s going to use it for the rest of life, which is to June.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
You can get away with paying people very little when they are also drawing a paycheck from outside interests.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Glumwheels posted:

Why am I seeing a poodle when I click on tweets

Bookmarks to twitter profiles are taking me to the same poodle. Only a matter of time until the embeds stop working and I never see another tweet.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The rich being destroyed by their own hubris is not helpful on the current timeline. Amusing but not helpful unless it is moved forward.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Jazerus posted:

you won't care

I hope that’s the last thing he tweets.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Niwrad posted:

It's so weird that he bought Twitter to turn it into Gab. Like just save the $44 billion and buy Gab for like $1 million or whatever that dump is worth.

That’s like asking why he would go to a fancy restaurant, order an expensive meal, and then poo poo on his own food when he could just poop in the toilet at home.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Have they defined what is active and inactive? Do you need to post every 30 days or simply like/retweet something?

Rules are just excuses for the powerful to do what they want. They’ll mean whatever they want them to mean until it is convenient for them to mean something else.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Grundulum posted:

There’s an element of “lead a horse to water, can’t make it drink” here. Some people decide to be unreachable despite the communication efforts of scientists and policy makers. See ivermectin, vaccine hesitancy, etc. If it’s not directly experiential (you never hear anyone arguing that gasoline is a shared fiction and cars really run on unicorn poo), it can be ignored or misinterpreted. Blame shouldn’t fall entirely on educators for not making reality sufficiently exciting that it overcomes some people’s tendency to want to be part of the exclusive “in group” that has all the real answers.

Most of what people are told about the world are self-serving lies. Everyone knows this and everyone is desperate to escape. People are just randomly swinging at things in the hope they’ll break and reveal the truth behind it. Most will fall further into traps that target this aimlessness.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Movie watching with Elon must be really annoying with him constantly repeating words from it.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

maybe the supposedly educated and liberal user base of this platform should, you know, deactivate and speed up twitters demise. funny how a lovely beer can take a hit from a coordinated right wing backlash whereas Twitter continues to be kept on life support by libs

Liberals are too good at inventing excuses for themselves to deny themselves any treats.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Panfilo posted:

They'll just make morons worship him like a martyr and the problem will never go away.what needs to happen is him getting caught with eight grams of woke in his pants, then the chuds will drop him like a hot rock.

I’m begging people to watch less media and stop thinking this is a real thing. It is just the writer’s excuse to not kill off a character they like. Martyrs are as meaningful to a cause as a new logo. Nobody respects someone for getting killed.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Just like noted character hated by the writers and killed off so they could sell a new testament, Jesus.

(People love martyrs)

They had to say he came back to life to make anyone care. He got to enter heaven as a living breathing person and resides there to this day.

People love martyrs as excuses for whatever they wanted to do anyway because people love excuses. One more thing to scream during their usual psychotic behavior.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

If your criticism of martyrs is that they don't get to control how their memory is used after their death, I've got some bad news about literally everyone who has ever died in any circumstance..

No, the criticism is that martyrdom exerts no persuasive force. It will not alter the actions of living people. People may say words about it but those words don’t matter.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Investor presentation?

Who in their right mind would invest in Twitter with an expectation of profit?

Money launderers

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

a.lo posted:

they’re all smiling though

You are forced to smile in hell.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Parity warning posted:

i've never been more convinced this thing exists solely to keep elon distracted

Sheet metal fascinates him.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
A highway of all self driving cars might do the impossible and kill enough people to make Americans care about motor vehicle deaths. Just imagine 2% fatality rates every day.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Just the dumbest solution to a fake problem.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

apatheticman posted:

To be fair it was spoken by the captain from the evil universe

That's our universe.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Clueless ad managers shoveling money into pointless projects is a primary driver of our economy. Inciting self awareness in them is both impressive and dangerous.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It is probably just a work around for a self induced technical issue.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The world’s most divorced man naming his company X is too on the nose.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

musk is the most online man ever and it has destroyed his mind

The funny thing is it hasn’t. He was always this stupid.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

uh, who does that leave then, Jim Bob down at the Wawa?

Everything is supposed to belong to the relentless logic of capitalism. The capitalism owns all and grants use of its machinery to its most faithful servants.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Apes are subject to ape law. Elon is subject to r law.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Too many people have accused Musk of having a room temperature IQ. He hears half the phrase and assumes it is that again.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
They can’t even name a child without making references to random garbage.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Twitter idiot: Ever notice how everything we consume is either a solid, liquid, or gas.

Me: *Sipping on a jug of Bose–Einstein condensate*

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

if real this is so loving funny. like he thinks the reason all his cars have these horrible panel gaps is because none of his employees thought it was a problem

He didn’t think the panel gaps were a problem until now and he’s the smartest person he can imagine.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Bixington posted:

I was going to make a joke about the prototype that pulls his helmet off his exposed flesh but then I remembered all the horrible monkey experiments and the non-zero chance this has already happened and got sad

The driver monkey brain in my @telsa died and is rotting and I can’t get an appointment to replace it. Please help @elonmusk. Love the car!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

smarxist posted:

a lot of these dudes think they're within a decade of immortality

A lot of people have thought that all their science fiction fantasies were about to come true for the last 70+ years and it has heavily influenced their decision making.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The money laundering is more efficient when you don’t have to bother with selling a product to customers.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

a.lo posted:

they forgot to shut the door all the way

If you shut the door too hard then the whole thing will fall apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The Cybertruck is the vehicle of choice for sufferers of Alice in Wonderland syndrome. A constantly shifting understanding of how large or small they are.