Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I’m unsurprised that ChatGPT buys into effective altruism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

fElon husk

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

Niwrad posted:

He was offering like $20 billion more than the company was worth. wtf was the board supposed to do?

the post should read “elon shouldn’t have rushed to close the deal so recklessly” but he and his friends can’t make mistakes

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

engines didn't ignite
launch pad destroyed
rocket exploded, but even the flight termination failed with a 40 second delay
former wildlife preserve covered in poison

just going to redesign and rebuild the engines and the launchpad and get approval again. should take a couple weeks

“This also liberated the outer heat shield from four nearby engines” incredible phrasing

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

If Musk isn’t really an effective altruist (a la SBF) he plays one very well, IIRC one of the big drivers of his Tesla compensation is that he needs enough money to fund space travel for the good of humanity for it to be worthwhile for him

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

SpaceX has been highly profitable for a decade, he's not privately funding it

hey man I’m not part of the Tesla compensation team, I just read what was entered into the docket

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

it’s definitely Laura loomer it has to be

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

euphronius posted:

Its possible that guy had an asphyxiation thing I guess.

i hope the world doesn’t end suddenly in a way that preserves my pose while I’m refilling my crystal

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Epic scene from Nathan For You

no that’s The Rehearsal

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

i find the suggestion that elon has been shadow banned in the past few years absurd

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

the milk machine posted:

not if the noncompete clauses say they survive the termination of the rest of the contract (they do)

plus they'll have you sign a brand new shiny one to get severance

iirc severability clauses are not very effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

pompeii was consumed by the pyroclastic blast from Mt Vesuvius erupting, a volcano erupting is hot, ovens are hot