Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr Interweb posted:

one of the dumber aspects of the Twitter Files that doesn't get as much mockery as it deserves is taibbi's pathetic and hilarious attempts to pretend musk wasn't his source. really, now? does matt think the twitter files were leaked without elon's knowledge? as opposed to, you know, personally giving permission to publish whatever juicy info his minions could find out about his enemies?

Taibbi is a journalist protecting his source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Adenoid Dan posted:

People aren't intentionally buying fentanyl! It is because of prohibition that fentanyl adulteration of other drugs is a thing in the first place!

Christ I hate these people.

Edit: feels weird to see him have an actually correct or in the ballpark of correct opinion on anything at all.

The correct opinion is that the socio-economic problems at the root of drug abuse should be eliminated but lol so yeah sure legalize heroin.

Mr Interweb posted:

can't tell if serious

if so, do you feel it's literally anyone else other than elon?

The Chairman posted:

talking about journalistic integrity in a situation where a billionaire told a bunch of reporters what story he wanted them to write and publicly cut them off over the mildest pushback

Presumably Anglo Musk is the source, at least as far as he's signed off on it and tasked others with finding a certain type of stuff and possibly through an intermediary. I'm not talking about integrity, it's pretty easy to frame Taibbi's refusal to state what's fairly obvious as a self interested decision to not discourage others from talking to him.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Adenoid Dan posted:

Jailing poor drug users who sell drugs to other poor people doesn't fix anything or get us closer to that.

Sorry friend if I was not clear, I was not being ironic when I said given America's allergy to fixing problems that I support the legalization of heroin there.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Tesla automated mini war ships.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

this isnt an official twitter account, just an elon fanboy parroting him so i doubt there is any kind of proof of this lol

However if Mr Musk posted it I believe it would be well evidenced.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Eight-Six posted:

felt strange when musk went radio silence for a bit but then boy howdy came charging back with tossing taibbi down the memory hole and "I will make an AI that appreciates the universe" and "Peace. Peace? I hate the word," the last of which was so self-indulgent I was surprised he even made it since he's so bad at posting

it's a funny week for moneyed interests actively tearing at cohesive civilization

Musk starts quoting Shakespeare and gets mocked for it. First he's dumb, now his appreciation of English literature is self indulgent.

Weka
May 5, 2019

This is just about NPR et al? It's a pretty clear false equivalency because SpaceX or whatever isn't a news company or something whose business is the dissemination of information. There is a legitimate concern over those sorts of companies having ties to the government and I for one would like to see more state funded tags on news agencies like Reuters.

Weka
May 5, 2019

nikosoft posted:

It's about the Tesla earning reports today, they sell emission credits to other automakers

Compared with the labeling of NPR and BBC, right?

Weka
May 5, 2019

DynamicSloth posted:

Of course the world's wealthiest man has absolutely no connection to or responsibility for any of these malignant forces.

Do you think Elon Musk could noticeably alter any of these things, and if so, how?

Weka
May 5, 2019

the milk machine posted:

there’s one specific thing he could do but we’re not allowed to post it

I don't think the death of Elon Musk would make an iota of difference towards a better world and would probably in a small way aid the continued building of the panopticon and propaganda machine.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Golden Bee posted:

it would return competence to three+ companies. That’s a victory for human morale at least. And his kids would be happier.

Those companies all suck though. Two of them are part of the MIC so it's better they are run badly and personally I think Twitter being less of an American propaganda tool is a good thing.

Weka
May 5, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Twitter is still, and perhaps more than ever, a propaganda tool for capital, which is the real enemy. also it is now many times more effective as an organizing tool for far-right terror.

How is it more of a propaganda tool for capital?
Also the USA is the number one promoter of far right terror world wide so I think it's propaganda apparatus taking a small hit could have a bigger impact than the crappy domestic gladio stuff.

Weka
May 5, 2019

ikanreed posted:

Imagine volunteering to be a human passenger on a budget rocket.

The US is absolutely reinvent sentencing people to transport by 2030, aren't we?

The only way this is technically feasible is if "transportation" means 'being exploded in an attempted rocket launch'. There will be no destination even really begun to be constructed by 2030.

Weka
May 5, 2019

mcbexx posted:

Wait, if I understand correctly (at the 9 minute mark) , the plan to separate Starship from the booster was basically doing a loop-de-loop at mach+ speed and have the stress from the maneuver break the two apart?

I'm not a rocket scientist, but intuitively I would assume that's not particularly controlled and uh, the g-forces would probably kill any potential crew.

Elon Musk is pulling sick handbrake drift cornering in a rocket and you all mock him for it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Durf posted:

why would any organization take elong seriously if he caves on every decision ever made once the drugs wear off

except the important things like catering to every whim of nazis and elderly cranks

Because he is very talented at increasing stock prices.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655162743509467137

Weka
May 5, 2019

OMGVBFLOL posted:

having embeds off and elong blocked is great cause i have no idea whatever awful poo poo he just posted, and it rules

It was this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1656326406618619910/photo/1

Weka
May 5, 2019

Jonny 290 posted:

so i'm a dude that cant afford a house but can afford some fun vehicles and the funniest thing is when a tesla lines up vs either my miata or my liter bike and wants to Stoplight Race it, and they gun it and take off before they remember that they are live streaming their DriverScore to tesla and their insurance will go up if they commit to it, so they back off and pretend they were just faking it. every time. every filthy white model S that tire chirps me will pump the brakes at like 62mph and pretend they didnt do it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I bet this fellow's miata is unregistered and uninsured too.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I must’ve missed it. Why is he mad at Wikipedia? Or is it simply that reality and facts have a leftist slant?

Lol if you think there is anything leftist about the facts as presented by wikipedia.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Musk may not be right about everything but he's correct when he says the laptop class is living in lala land.

Pathetic.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Glad to see Musk realized why his comments regarding Soros were offensive.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Trap sprung

Weka
May 5, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Elon musk replying to quote bots of himself makes me so mad for some reason

It makes me happy to see a man enjoying himself so much with the simple things in life, like carrying on a conversation with something he said a year ago.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1659419397327339521

More words of simple joy.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Beeftweeter posted:

lol nobody cracked 50% net favorable

That's because Kennedy isn't on there.

sharknado slashfic posted:

This guy would have gotten run out of 4chan for being such a bad poster

I appreciate the honesty that led to this self own.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Tetris?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Dr. Killjoy posted:

she's going to ask musk to help develop a pro-natalist policy and within 30 years Italians will be extinct

That crafty Anglo will instead develop a pro-gauteng policy!

Quotey posted:

Only the things I want to see show up on my feed. My biggest problem is that the weird personal algorithm doesn’t show me tweets from people I follow that I know have happened. I haven’t seen a tweet on the TL from Japanese duck twitter or getfiscal in ages. This happened pre Elon though so I can’t blame him. Just click “following” not “for you”.

Go to their page and like a bunch of their tweets.

Just a Moron posted:

Satire is reveals a deeper truth you cretin

Can we not use medical conditions as insults?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Elias_Maluco posted:

Kill the boer, but unironically

Weird thing to post in a thread about an Anglo.

Weka
May 5, 2019

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

what does $10 for twitter ads even get you

It's significantly less than advertising on SA!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Mr Interweb posted:

according to other people who claim to know about this sort of thing, Apple tried to fight the EU and lost recently? if they can take on a company like Apple and win, then i'm a lot more optimistic about them bringing elon to heel.

so...it's erasing all content mentioning what israel is doing to palestine, i'm assuming?

Is this a post supporting censoring the genocide of Palestinians? Because it sure reads that way.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712509069070614845

Weka
May 5, 2019

evilmiera posted:

Sign of being the Worst Poster #47: When you quote-reply the Babylon Bee seriously.

The Babylon Bee and Elon Musk are right.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

I canceled my netflix because they literally have no loving movies. Over the course of a month I tried watching at least 20 movies and they didn't have a single loving one.

That's because I stole them

Weka
May 5, 2019

ex post facho posted:

it's time to up-armor the cybertruck.

I know, right? Slat armour and era are essential for the modern world.

Weka
May 5, 2019

19 o'clock posted:

i wonder what happens if you shoot the tires

I tried to look up if it comes with run flat tyres, because that's the sort of fairly pointless feature I would expect. I did not find an answer but did learn
"Teslas don't come with spare tires, but for a good reason. Research shows that spare tires rarely get used, adding unnecessary weight."

Weka
May 5, 2019

Obviously the one on the far right (like my hero Elon musk) because it is the only truck out of the three in frame with a bed worth a dang.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1716246134514143680

Can any of you musk fans tell me if this is a recent picture? Looking good imo.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Canasta_Nasty posted:

Kevin Paffrath was the "landlord influencer" who was the main Democrat running in the California recall election. His platform included mobilizing the national guard to herd homeless people into camps and diverting part of the Mississippi across the Rockies to solve California's drought. Studied economics and polisci at UCLA then said he wanted to create labor-company-government partnerships under a strong Governor to solve problems without needless disagreements. So real normal guy for expert commentary

All that and even worse, he has been mean to Elon Musk!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

From setting the standard for style with rugged cowboy gear to crying stoic and manly tears over quarterly profit margins at Tesla, Elon continues to be alpha as gently caress

Idk about alpha but those are exemplary traits. Love a person who publicly cries occasionally.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

lol that those guys can't sell that debt w/o a big haircut

maybe not even at all now

Musk's purchase of Twitter is obviously a political project. Presumably his backers realize this and are on board for it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1718192456838107162

Elon Musk ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

Glumwheels posted:

A cars value is based on its utility not the cost of goods and manufacturing - very successful business man

Yes that's capitalism, the mode of production that governs our society. If you can make a Corolla for one dollar you can still sell it for the current sale price. Conversely if it costs you a million dollars to make it you will not be able to sell it for too much more than currently.