Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Slotducks posted:

Elon Musk is profoundly stupid, profoundly lazy, and profoundly pathetic

He's the most divorced man on earth and I cannot believe he still has remoras around him in tyool 2023

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tough but fair

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

:hai:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

that’s because it’s X Holdings VIII now, duh

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

this isn’t my fault, talk to Walter

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Nenonen posted:

"I strongly disagree with your opinion that I and my family should be put into concentration camps. But I will die defending your right to say it and put it in print and hold mass rallies against people of my kind and take over the government and annul our constitutional protections!"

wow slippery slope fallacy much?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

this is the thread where you watch tucker and defend ted cruz and bari weiss endlessly but to own the libs/cia/fbi/homeland

inevitably this winds up like, back in ye olden times, the second life goons that used to go to the furry sex/roleplay cubs to have furry cybersex ironically and for trolling purposes but somehow wound up having lots of nonironic orgasms

good for him

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

good I hope they keep loving up launch pads

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

troubling

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

what was he going for with the Drake Yes STERILIZE AUTISTIC KIDS pic?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Gabagool posted:

https://twitter.com/brtong_/status/1683930777258434560

cool their best ideas are more middlemen for the street parking we already sold to the emirates. parking apps lmao

Apple explicitly forbids making anything like this lol. Apple won a huge lawsuit against Epic about this precise thing

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

that’s right

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

nothing that happens on Reddit is a big deal

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh cool the guy that had a bot baby with grimes is still alive but weird posting in the other thread now

he sounds mad

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

He posted a reading list some months back and got made fun of because it was like middle school assigned reading level and then whined that people roasted him for it.

lol

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

this is what world-class engineering looks like

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Karia posted:

In a vacuum, a 10 micron tolerance isn't that hard to hold, for some kinds of features, for some kinds of manufacturing processes. I've set up automotive machining lines where critical features, like critical bore diameters or the distance between two precision dowel holes, would get held to +-0.005 mm, statistically capable to a 1.67 Ppk (that means that we statistically estimate that no more than 0.6 parts per million would be out of tolerance). It takes some fiddling,, but it can be done. Bore honing's another example, they routinely hold that sort of tolerance as well. But you'd never try to do that on every feature on a component, let alone the entire car! Even ultra-precise measuring instruments and stuff have a whole ton of tolerances which are like "make a drat clearance hole, who cares so long as the bolt goes through." And that's with machining! Trying to hold that sort of tolerance on sheet metal or die castings is sheer insanity. Even measuring that sort of tolerance on large parts gets really tricky and you have to start taking into account stuff like how much the part sags under its own weight.

neato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

NofrikinfuN posted:

I wonder if Trump paid for a checkmark or if he's gonna miss out on that sick revenue share.

no Elon unilaterally gave check marks to certain accounts right around when paid check marks launched