Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/daisy-ridley-star-wars-movie-plot-15-years-after-rise-of-skywalker-1235578142/amp/

No, not another spinoff like solo

No, not any sort of reboot or retcon

They’re running with the trash fire sequel trilogy, expanding on it, and starting on ANOTHER sequel trilogy, presumably

I thought the utter dogshitness of the sequels would cause at least a brief moment of self reflection or shame with anyone involved, but nope, it’s full steam ahead with a story that makes no sense and no one liked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

no way

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

they fly now?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
ahahaha

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

fart wars

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The wars must star

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
They loving love our money

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

please let me know when they get to the point of doing a full movie or series in which the protagonist is the mse-6 repair droid

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

2hrs 41min of jarjar huffing animal farts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hopefully with the new films they will finally answer the age old question:

Is an AT-AT considered a battlemech?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sure are a lot of wars about these stars

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I hope they bring back the emperor he so cool

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
When I saw The Force Awakens, the whole theater was dead silent and you could hear a pin drop when Ben kills Han. Then when Chewbacca “dies” in the sequel nobody seemed to care.

I do enjoy the suggestion by a goon in the last Star Wars thread that Rian Johnson purposely answered all the lingering questions with “lol who cares!!”

Who is Snoke? lol who cares he’s dead now!

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Looking forward to Abrams doing a third movie revolving around a mystery box and unanswered questions dumped on another director to resolve.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

They should reboot the sequels and rewrite em to not be rear end but keep some of the important plot beats (because of their tie in poo poo) altogether personally I'd have done this before you took your popular shows and start linking them into the palply returned some how

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yes but will it be as good as Pixar's Elements?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dandywalken posted:

they fly now?

:sweatdrop: They fly now!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

bossy lady posted:

2hrs 41min of jarjar huffing animal farts

Oosa smelly likey doodoo!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Ahmed Best got to be the sweet Jedi who saves baby Yoda in Mandalorian

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I mean, why not? There's more money to wring from the kind of people who got Porg tattoos

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
they made more Star Trek movies too

we're just a few breathtaking steps away from someone introducing time travel into Star Wars, and then its all over

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah this is not a hard decision to make. For every person laughing at this decision there are probably five tickets being sold for the movie even as we speak. Quality basically does not matter for huge IPs beyond something really good occasionally bumping a movie's value or something legendarily bad sometimes mildly hindering its overall profits.

Or I guess preventing a cinematic universe from starting at all, ala Universal Monsters Universe University, but that is not a concern here

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
isnt there like only 1 jedi? and who can even be the badguy at this point because imps being able to make another death star after the fall of berlin was already a stretch

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

isnt there like only 1 jedi? and who can even be the badguy at this point because imps being able to make another death star after the fall of berlin was already a stretch

they're setting up the new order or whatever in the mandalorian right now and the republic just accidentally operation paperclipped them into existing again

doesn't seem that implausible considering the state of things tbqh

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saalkin posted:

They should reboot the sequels and rewrite em to not be rear end but keep some of the important plot beats (because of their tie in poo poo) altogether personally I'd have done this before you took your popular shows and start linking them into the palply returned some how

auralnauts already did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

It's not just that though. There are two more in the works (plus one from tatia waikiki that we still know nothing about) and they're all going to be decades/centuries/millennia apart from each other.

The Marvel formula is to keep building on top of each project towards something bigger, right? Even though lots of disparate things happen, they're all supposed to be taking place at the same time so there can eventually be a team-up.

Having three different movies all in different eras, plus the shows that all aren't in the same eras either, is a strategy that I don't get. Introducing new settings is difficult, and I'm not seeing how they expect most people to get familiar with or care about the new distant prequel timelines while also now continuing to build into the latest timeline and everywhere in between.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Star Wars is fine. The sequels will be fine.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Should set it in the far future so the text scrawl says “right now, in Star Wars world” and the cut to a Jawa making GBS threads on the sand

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

they made more Star Trek movies too

we're just a few breathtaking steps away from someone introducing time travel into Star Wars, and then its all over

Time travel is definitely a thing in Star Wars. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/World_Between_Worlds

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

Vampire Panties posted:

Already happened in the cartoon Rebels

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

also darth maul was alive the entire clone war

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
there is one good star wars movie and its the first one, Star Wars

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
i sure am tired of all of these star wars

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
see you all in japan!
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1645449155752480768

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

tbh that would be dope as gently caress to attend

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bring back more ganguns.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Hammerite posted:

there is one good star wars movie and its the first one, Star Wars

Actually it was just called Star War, Lucas had to rename it later

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Disney churns and burns everything OP. They don't care.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah it turns out children and manchildren still exist so there is still a huge market for toys and other merchandise why the gently caress would they ever stop making them even the worst they put out is still just printing money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Blue Chewie is a proud sponsor of Star Snores, a Star Wars podcast for bedtime