Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Earwicker posted:

im kind of surprised that in the age of the franchise someone hasnt tried to make movies or tv shows out of all the dungeons and dragons universes like dragonlance and forgotten realms and spelljammer etc.

like those main dragonlance books by margaret weiss and tracy hickman would make for some great trash fantasy tv on the level of xena and hercules etc.

that would involve people other than talentless and easily bored nepo babies having creative control. can't have that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Disney just announced Mark Hamill will be returning to the new trilogy, but to the delight of fans everywhere he will be reprising his role of Cocknocker.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
theres a hilarious dragonlance cartoon

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

LuckyCat posted:

Disney just announced Mark Hamill will be returning to the new trilogy, but to the delight of fans everywhere he will be reprising his role of Cocknocker.

:quagmire:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

olives black posted:

i can't think of a single star wars game that i'm glad i spent time playing except for the empire strikes back on nes. not sure why though because it's objectively a turd

https://youtu.be/pKEE-S-koXI

Star wars might suck now but I can't believe you're old enough to play NES star wars games and not remember xwing and tie fighter.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

EvilJoven posted:

Star wars might suck now but I can't believe you're old enough to play NES star wars games and not remember xwing and tie fighter.

the wing commander series was better than both

privateer rendered every other game of its era irrelevant

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

olives black posted:

the wing commander series was better than both

best part of those games was when a dothraki would die they would be like "ok activate all comms, ok set squelch, engaging push to talk.... AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!"

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

best part of those games was when a dothraki would die they would be like "ok activate all comms, ok set squelch, engaging push to talk.... AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!"

yeah that owned :black101:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

They are going to time travel with the force and undo 7-9.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Good luck unfucking the franchise.

I’m stunned Daisy Ridley is coming back with amount of negativity around the sequels and how loving done everyone was after 9 the loving check Disney cut her has to be massive.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Good luck unfucking the franchise.

I’m stunned Daisy Ridley is coming back with amount of negativity around the sequels and how loving done everyone was after 9 the loving check Disney cut her has to be massive.

you're stunned that a rich person would like to continue being rich :confused:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

olives black posted:

you're stunned that a rich person would like to continue being rich :confused:

No it’s more that it seemed like no one associated with the sequel trilogy wanted anything to do with it after the fact look at Jon Boyega dude is 100% out and let’s be real the gross “fans” treatment of folks around Star Wars has been bad and that Disney must have made a deal worth taking for her to come back.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Haruharuharuko posted:

No it’s more that it seemed like no one associated with the sequel trilogy wanted anything to do with it after the fact look at Jon Boyega dude is 100% out and let’s be real the gross “fans” treatment of folks around Star Wars has been bad and that Disney must have made a deal worth taking for her to come back.

p much anyone who's part of a billion dollar franchise has to deal with nutjobs. it's part of the gig. they know what they signed up for, which is a big bag of money

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Earwicker posted:

im kind of surprised that in the age of the franchise someone hasnt tried to make movies or tv shows out of all the dungeons and dragons universes like dragonlance and forgotten realms and spelljammer etc.

like those main dragonlance books by margaret weiss and tracy hickman would make for some great trash fantasy tv on the level of xena and hercules etc.

It's because whoever is in charge of D&D these days for the most part did away with all of those alternative universes and made everything all 100% Forgotten Realms All The Time back when 5e came out or maybe before. They've only very recently started to bring some of them back I think, like I know they sort of integrated basic concepts of Spelljammer into Forgotten Realms recently.

Dark Sun and Spelljammer own

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

deep dish peat moss posted:

Dark Sun and Spelljammer own

:haibrower: the Dark Sun gold box PC games were just on sale on steam, and the first one is literal :discourse:

I always wanted to play Spelljammer but none of the nerds I knew IRL wanted to :shrug:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

olives black posted:

p much anyone who's part of a billion dollar franchise has to deal with nutjobs. it's part of the gig. they know what they signed up for, which is a big bag of money

Yeah, I read about Frank Oz directing a stage show,

quote:

Frank Oz, who has advised DelGaudio since he saw him perform in 2013 and who agreed to direct “In & of Itself.” Oz’s involvement necessitated special security arrangements, including nightly escape plans, thanks to a horde of autograph seekers who, I learned, follow Oz everywhere, carrying Sharpies and “Star Wars” posters.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
whens the star wars guardians of the galaxy crossover movie

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

it's time for star peace now more than ever

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gonk.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Haruharuharuko posted:

Take a look at the work she's gotten since 2016 and now. Then look at Oscar Issac and Adam Driver's records in the same time frame. Her career has stalled and she wants to be in $200 million movies again.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Who's the Droid that was getting its feet tortured. They were up to some freak poo poo

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Dhar Wars

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I found the foot toeture scene https://youtu.be/4O0-dCLFadQ

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Who's the Droid that was getting its feet tortured. They were up to some freak poo poo

*In huttese*

Ey girl what those brain tails do

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

that droid is wikifeet royalty https://www.wikifeet.com/power_droid

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Instead of a Death Star they should construct and fly a Life Star around the universe,, shooting ropes of life all over the place :gizz: :a2m: :huh: :tutbutt: :wiggle: :gooncamp:

it can be the first X-rated Star Wars movie

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Slam Pajamas posted:

Instead of a Death Star they should construct and fly a Life Star around the universe,, shooting ropes of life all over the place :gizz: :a2m: :huh: :tutbutt: :wiggle: :gooncamp:

it can be the first X-rated Star Wars movie

They are going to make a Penis Star and a Vagina Star and they are going to have sex.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Dandywalken posted:

they fly now?

They fail now.

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

Jar Wars

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

somehow palaptine returned (again)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I hope the movies flop and Star Wars finally dies.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Me and my overweight abusive boyfriend pray every day that the next sequel will have
the joker and Harley Quinn travel through a dr strange portal and end up in the Star Wars universe except they are kylo ren and Rey and they gently caress

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

With 3 more movies they should focus on some of the lesser known characters who didn't get a big happy ending yet.

Glorb Fleebax should finally get a chance to have that dance with Bestuan Primobee under the 7 rings of Peedeedoopo.

Big Booty Bot deserves a chance to sing in front of the Grand Fartusian Council.

Gumback Sleezbaggio should finally get to open that orphanage.

The twin suns of Bleediboopio will rise over the city of Boopboopbeepbop once again as the rivers of Xrrghghhhhhhhh flow proudly beneath them.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I personally know at least three other grown adult men who will not only unquestioningly love the upcoming sequels, but also buy every Funko Pop of every character in them, post about them incessantly on Facebook, and attend conventions dressed as them. Potentially will also have weddings inspired by them. :shrug:

naem
May 29, 2011

there are only two good star wars movies

return of the jedi was already a “once more around the bases” cash grab

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

I hope the movies flop and Star Wars finally dies.

Disney is going to get blood from that stone until society collapses.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Me and my overweight abusive boyfriend pray every day that the next sequel will have
the joker and Harley Quinn travel through a dr strange portal and end up in the Star Wars universe except they are kylo ren and Rey and they gently caress

1) Kylo Ren & Rey are cousins, so that's gross
2) if Kylo Ren didn't just randomly decide to die, this could have been possible, but alas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I downloaded and watched the super-nerd "re-edit" of the original Star Wars, with the original effects and edits gleaned from original 35mm prints and Laserdisc copies with the original pre-90s content, grain, scratches, all that. I hadn't seen any version of the movie in years, either.

It changed the experience immensely. It felt like it'd been severed from the mythical pop culture juggernaut that it is now, clean and glossy and worth billions, and it was now just a fun 1970s science fiction movie with samurai influences that was called Star Wars.

Anyway, that's my story.