Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

cumpantry posted:

i love stories that start here and grow into something large scale, and that'd kill for star wars if a competent writer could pull it off. lol.

Hell they could have a whole storyline about the Hutt cartel muscling in on the farmer's land to use the baby sarlaac as an interrogation device and tell the story of young Jabba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Peggy Edson posted:

The prequels have too much of George Lucas having his head so deep in his rear end he could eat his food twice. The Disney sequels are soulless cash grab garbage. They're bad for entirely different reasons

i'll take the prequels over the sequels any day

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

BoosterDuck posted:

everything was just green screen and the taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems being in dispute

That was literally only the plot of the opening title crawl.

Immediately thereafter there were stars, and shortly after that, wars. With laser swords.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
You know what, thanks to COVID and a lack of content for a while, a lot of my favorite Youtubers who had already lost sponsors because they refused to bend at the knee had been hurting for extra income.

Then in walks Disney and coyly goes, "Hey, guys, remember that character you all hated that ruined your manchildhood? We're making a new movie with her."

They've been high-fiving one another since the announcement.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Im sure with how Clone Wars basically took good writers and made cool stories outtof the prequels era they could salvage the wreckage of the sequels, but seems unlikely for big movies just cause their design by committee disney system is poo poo. There was a couple seasons of a Filoni cartoon show set in the sequels era that I thought was alright, though the main character was one of those exaggerated goofballs.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

olives black posted:

The only thing that's better about them is that they're shorter.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Rey is going to have a 14-year old set of twins that are the reincarnations of Luke, Leia, Ben, Ben, and Anakin, somehow.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
That will also serve as the long-awaited re-reboot of Mulpet Babies

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Andir was p ok

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
The prequel's were bad movies, dull and way over green screened but at least they were never completely pointless.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

olives black posted:

Agreed

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yes, racist caricatures are better than well written powerful women protagonists!
:goonsay:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dynastocles posted:

I downloaded and watched the super-nerd "re-edit" of the original Star Wars, with the original effects and edits gleaned from original 35mm prints and Laserdisc copies with the original pre-90s content, grain, scratches, all that. I hadn't seen any version of the movie in years, either.

It changed the experience immensely. It felt like it'd been severed from the mythical pop culture juggernaut that it is now, clean and glossy and worth billions, and it was now just a fun 1970s science fiction movie with samurai influences that was called Star Wars.

Anyway, that's my story.

Same

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well whatever they make, I'm sure it will make a bunch of nerds on the internet upset.

naem
May 29, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Andir was p ok

Andor was amazing

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I thought Lucas wasn't allowed to make any more Star Wars movies after he sold the rights to Disney?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

olives black posted:

This is sadly true. I watched Force Awakens and watched no more. I mean the prequels stunk and I did my best to sit through the 3rd one but at least they made some sense.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

I thought Lucas wasn't allowed to make any more Star Wars movies after he sold the rights to Disney?

hes typing up scripts on ao3 under the name Jedi master 49121

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yes, racist caricatures are better than well written powerful women protagonists!

:dafuq:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

In what world is Rey well written lmao

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
shes written in a way, that makes you want to throw her in a well

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

you've become the very goonsay you hoped to destroy

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Costco Meatballs posted:

shes written in a way, that makes you want to throw her in a well

she's not even that notable. i can barely remember anything about her other than "Chosen One protagonist"

rian johnson's sequel was the best (i will never watch 9 and you can't make me) because its whole thesis was "if you're an adult who grew up with this franchise and you're still here then you really need to move the gently caress on"

naem
May 29, 2011

when I was young I watched [MOVIE] and it gave me [DOPAMINE] and [SEROTONIN]

now that I am not as young, I don’t have as much [CHEMICAL] because [LIFEISANIGHTMARE] and therefore this new [MOVIE] is not as good because [CHEMICAL][BRAINRECEPTOR][LIFECHOICES]

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
You gotta admit that's a really weird thesis for the movie that followed the force awakens, the message of which was "don't worry. these movies aren't bad like the prequels, they are just brainless remakes of the first ones so enjoy em at that level"

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Show me Babu Frik sucking off the farting horse from Episode 1

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Vim Fuego posted:

You gotta admit that's a really weird thesis for the movie that followed the force awakens, the message of which was "don't worry. these movies aren't bad like the prequels, they are just brainless remakes of the first ones so enjoy em at that level"

it's the movie that everyone needed and deserved

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe it's going to be a lifehole that creates new planets instead of destroying them but everyone on these planets is evil

Star trek movies already did that

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Tunicate posted:

Star trek movies already did that

Yeah but it's been like half a century, just remake it and throw in some laser swords

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Spazzle posted:

I really hope they can further explore the idea of planet destroying super weapons.

They should have just used the Galaxy Gun instead of coming up with Starkiller Base because it was less stupid and Abrams ended up ripping off Dark Empire anyway.

naem
May 29, 2011

disney owns star trek and star words I am shocked they haven’t met up yet

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is awful news. Some people love Star Wars and this will be devastating to them.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

naem posted:

disney does not own star trek and i dont want to imagine the shitfest that would happen if they did

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Kingdom hearts 4: Sora dressed in leia's slave outfit chained to jabba the hut. Goofy and baby yoda team up to free him. black panther and geno from mario rpg stand silently in the corner watching.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

naem posted:

star wars takes place in the ancient past and star trek takes place in the future but they're the same universe

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZydaxiIw6w

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

deep dish peat moss posted:

star wars takes place in the ancient past and star trek takes place in the future but they're the same universe

Time is a flat circle

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The point of the Star [X] Series is to show us that we can evolve from our ancient Star Warlike past to form a peacful federatio in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They're even making a Star Souls spinoff game