Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i saw a Suspicious person walking near my hojme. they dont live in this neighbourhood. how can we stop this from happening again. safety!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
HOAaaayyyyyyyyy I'm homeownin' ova heah!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hello, I got this letter saying that my sprinklers were the incorrect color "Rich Black" as opposed to the required "Midnight Black"?

No black allowed in an HOA buddy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Isn't 'homeowners' one loving word? So it's an HA. The whole concept was clearly invented by morons

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Play posted:

Isn't 'homeowners' one loving word? So it's an HA. The whole concept was clearly invented by morons

you have to pronounce the 'meow' distinctly

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

dee eight posted:

you have to pronounce the 'meow' distinctly
/

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
i think i saw a coyote posting in games last night. please everyone, watch your pets

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Nooner posted:

Everyone needs to park their cars in their garages otherwise people are gonna think a bunch of Puerto Ricans live around here

legal team says we gotta use the slogan "first driveways, next yards!", the puerto rican thing didnt fly. apparently we cant say the racism out loud or they can sue our balls off, and then they really could live here, right?

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 12, 2023

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont post on Nextdoor.com because its not worried enough about the changes in the area. its not concerned enough about the "new people" moving in

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
can we make it illegal to drive a car manufactured prior to 2022 or what

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
we ain't scared HOA
we ain't scared HOA
we ain't scared HOA

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
poo poo I thought this was the horny orgasm addicts meeting

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Les Os posted:

poo poo I thought this was the horny orgasm addicts meeting

You’re still in the right place, my man. I’ll have security buzz you in at the gate, and then you can just head right to the shed in my backyard.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

You’re still in the right place, my man. I’ll have security buzz you in at the gate, and then you can just head right to the shed in my backyard.

oh so you're admitting that eyesore is a shed now?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Okay, topic up for a vote on tonight's meeting: Passing Amendment 37.

As many of you remember, we passed amendment 34 a few years back. If you've forgotten, here are my general notes on it from the time:

'Amendment 34', which would nullify Amendment 15, which permitted the placement of, and I quote, "Small satellite dishes no larger than 1.5 feet in radius may be placed on property" and nullify Amendment 18, which, and I quote "only permitted the placement of satellite dishes as described in Amendment 15 in areas of a residence that could not be seen from sidewalks or roadways from a 15-degree cone of vision from the sidewalk property line of a residence" and also stated that "satellite dishes visible within the cone of vision of such a separate residence other than the one it is placed, within reason." It would also nullify Amendment 23, which states, "Homes may only have, at most, ONE satellite dish on their property, so long as it meets the guidelines set forth by Amendments 15 and 18."

Amendment 34 nullifying the three other amendments will be accomplished via no longer allowing any sort of visible or obscured "antenna or satellite dish reciever or transmitter to be placed in the exterior of the residence" and homeowners that refuse to comply will be faced with fines of $100 a month until removed."

Well, as many of you have noticed, the city started to offer a low-cost high speed wireless internet option that required the outdoor mounting of a line-of-sight antenna device for best reception and until we get this, we're all stuck with XFinity.

Please, I ask those of you with East-facing windows on your second floors to stop voting against this Amendment just to spite the rest of us. Your problem is with the HOA, not your neighbors, and they're the ones you're hurting if you don't vote to pass this!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Okay, topic up for a vote on tonight's meeting: Passing Amendment 37.

As many of you remember, we passed amendment 34 a few years back. If you've forgotten, here are my general notes on it from the time:

'Amendment 34', which would nullify Amendment 15, which permitted the placement of, and I quote, "Small satellite dishes no larger than 1.5 feet in radius may be placed on property" and nullify Amendment 18, which, and I quote "only permitted the placement of satellite dishes as described in Amendment 15 in areas of a residence that could not be seen from sidewalks or roadways from a 15-degree cone of vision from the sidewalk property line of a residence" and also stated that "satellite dishes visible within the cone of vision of such a separate residence other than the one it is placed, within reason." It would also nullify Amendment 23, which states, "Homes may only have, at most, ONE satellite dish on their property, so long as it meets the guidelines set forth by Amendments 15 and 18."

Amendment 34 nullifying the three other amendments will be accomplished via no longer allowing any sort of visible or obscured "antenna or satellite dish reciever or transmitter to be placed in the exterior of the residence" and homeowners that refuse to comply will be faced with fines of $100 a month until removed."

Well, as many of you have noticed, the city started to offer a low-cost high speed wireless internet option that required the outdoor mounting of a line-of-sight antenna device for best reception and until we get this, we're all stuck with XFinity.

Please, I ask those of you with East-facing windows on your second floors to stop voting against this Amendment just to spite the rest of us. Your problem is with the HOA, not your neighbors, and they're the ones you're hurting if you don't vote to pass this!

Hey guys, I bought a new lawn statue.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Jelly posted:

*rips open shirt showing multiple sticks of dynamite taped to his chest*

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Hi, I'm a middle-aged white female who was once wronged by a minority. Now, I'm interested in punitively oppressing all minorities through overt legal means. Is there a way I can do this without having to formally disclose my bigotry? I'm not interested in facing the consequences of my actions, and if you confront me in public I'll strangle and kill an animal on my way home.

Kind regards,
Janice

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

Hi, I'm a middle-aged white female who was once wronged by a minority. Now, I'm interested in punitively oppressing all minorities through overt legal means. Is there a way I can do this without having to formally disclose my bigotry? I'm not interested in facing the consequences of my actions, and if you confront me in public I'll strangle and kill an animal on my way home.

Kind regards,
Janice

to join the hoa committee you must first slay a current member in personal combat

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

My Spirit Otter posted:

to join the hoa committee you must first slay a current member in personal combat

i'm going to bake a pie and disown my lesbian daughter

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Show of hands, how many of us actually 'own' these houses? How many of you are still paying the mortgages on them?

Yeah, I thought so...

This is Mr. Morris and his associates representing Quickloans, First National Bank, Second National Bank, Rocketloan, Third National Back, and... Well, here's the thing, as the actual 'home owners' they're going to be in charge of all the HOA stuff going forward. I trust they will be just as good stewards for this community as we residents have been... have been... when passing and enforcing...

I'm sorry, I can't do this...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
What is it that you don't understand? No doing auto repairs in your driveway!

I don't give a good God damned if it WAS only a license plate bulb!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

sorry, i do my banking with milburn drysdale and he assures me and my kin that that house is ours fair and square

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

What is it that you don't understand? No doing auto repairs in your driveway!

I don't give a good God damned if it WAS only a license plate bulb!

Yet another reason why people in this neighborhood shouldn't be allowed to drive cars manufactured before 2022, just take it to the dealership like a normal person :rolleyes:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
*shits in neighbor's yard again*

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
No! No you don't! NO! YOU DON'T!

If the power company comes around here and installs a charging station for your Tesla, you won't have to worry about the car setting your house on fire because I'll do the job first!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I don't know why I can't run a business out of my home! Half the people in here are already WORKING from home, how is my work any different?! It's not like I'm going to be running a WHOREHOUSE!

stephen_falken
Mar 28, 2023

by the sex ghost
PROPOSED SAHOA BYLAWS

1. These initial bylaws are hereby proposed to the SA membership for ratification, by simple majority vote and/or bribery. Any adjuncts, additions, changes, manipulations, arguments, tangents, corollaries, subtexts, updates, analogues, demonstrations, or mime interpretations are likewise subject to ratification by the body politic herein, because everyone hates f*cking mimes.

2. No thread and/or comment may have grass longer than 1" except on every second Wednesday, or whatever crazy sh*t previous commenters said. Weeds are only allowed if you are acquainted with an admin or IK, and even then you may still get probed because getting kicked from SA is like a sport apparently.

3. NIMBY rules apply; no homeless, indigent, unemployed or otherwise insolvent persons are allowed to post comments. This is America god dammit, and we HATE poor people.

4. Holiday light displays must be in red and green ONLY. Orange stresses eveyone out, blacklights show everyone's hidden clothing stains, blue makes eveyone look like a John Wick movie, white light scares the sh*t out of my ferrets, and yellow is just plain disgusting. Purple is allowed, but only if you're distributing MDMA.

5. Panegyrics concerning the earlier years of SA are scheduled for the third Thursday of every fourth month in years divisible by seven. Please consult the Panegyric Calendar for your chance to really make an impactful difference to the SA community by posting an endless boring old-person's comment that most people will simply scroll past while pausing only to note your username and avoid you afterward.

6. No textual edifice may be constructed of the following materials:
- intimate badinage
- sarcastic remarks
- cloistered innuendo
- luxurious banter
- frivolous persiflage
- piquant raillery
- other dextrous wordplay* (see below)

7. Soccer is way too slow and sometimes you can sit through an entire goddam 90 minute game with no scoring. Who in the raspberry-flavoured f*ck ever wants to do that?

8. Rob made me put this in before he'd give me another beer: No girls named 'Mae'. I guess he must have caught a bad one.

9. Flagpoles over 200 feet must be erected in the middle of the night with no advance permission.

10. No cars more than 5 years old may be parked in community driveways unless they leak oil. Harley-Davidson motorcycles must be parked in driveways because they ALL leak oil.

SIGNED
Stephen W. Falken
[I LOVE OUR HOA DEEPLY AND TENDERLY]

* below

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I have a legally protected right to erect a ham radio tower and I intend to do it right in my front yard at maximum size.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
“Sorry, but rules state that all vehicles must be in the garage after 9pm. And no, I don’t know what third shift is and I don’t want to know”

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Too poor to own but doing good enough to rent and still have an HOA somehow.

Like being too big for the tea cup ride but too small for the roller coaster

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lucy, your wheelchair ramp is ugly and is an unauthorized addition, you're going to have to get rid of it, you can just go around to your back door to get in.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

MikeJF posted:

Lucy, your wheelchair... is ugly and [you're] an unauthorized addition, you're going to have to get [out].

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"You must all put up these MAGA flags or you will be heavily fined"

naem
May 29, 2011

Revins posted:

Someone put some new flowers in their garden without consulting everyone first!! how could someone be so self centered? what is going on in this neighborhood

now now, the crazy cat lady who is the only person allowed to rent someone else’s condo unit (because she is friends with the hoa president) should be allowed to wander around the entire property all all hours of the day and night, digging up plants and planting tulip bulbs right outside ground floor windows and peering inside

furthermore if she feels like cutting down trees and planting new ones randomly that is also ok

she has lots of time in her hands because she is on disability after having every joint surgically replaced and can’t work for months at a time

when she starts commenting on people’s lives inside their homes that she sees as she stoops and grunts loudly flinging earth with a trowel that is just being neighborly

oh and that empty unit? she can go nuts and cover it all with her plants too

and the fact that she uses the outside hose spigot and sprays the open windows with water because her plants are right up against your house, and it ruins your carpet, well why are your windows open?

yes, she can fill the entrance and every stairwell with nick nacks, until it is a fire hazard that the fire department fines us for

when the unit owner finds out her cats aren’t housebroken and she lives like a hoarder and open bags of potting soil the cats have used as a toilet cover every surface, and decides to sell the badly damaged unit and she has to move out, she has full permission to come back a couple times even when not renting here anymore and dig around because those tulip bulbs cost money and maybe she wants some trees

yes she can completely fill the dumpster repeatedly with cat urine soaked furnishings and gardening equipment and kitschy holiday decorations, yes that is going to cost the HOA money, yes that is you the owners, no you can’t complain

(true story)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Look, I know Mr.Hubbard isn't a part of the HOA due to opting out when we created it, but we gotta figure out how to stop him from mowing every morning at 3am. .. Could we hire an assassin?

dk2m
May 6, 2009
So as you all might be aware, an anonymous email was sent out to the HOA mailing list with a picture and description of a suspicious person walking along the trails with a camera near the end of Mayberry St. The cops did arrive and upon questioning, it turns out it’s Mr. Davis’ grandson. Mr Davis is quite upset, and well, we all know what the climate of the country is, given George Floyd…and others. We’d like to not involve press, as it might tarnish our neighborhoods reputation, so the HOA is prepared to give Mr Davis a free voucher to the golf course for the week and $20 off dues next month.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

dk2m posted:

So as you all might be aware, an anonymous email was sent out to the HOA mailing list with a picture and description of a suspicious person walking along the trails with a camera near the end of Mayberry St. The cops did arrive and upon questioning, it turns out it’s Mr. Davis’ grandson. Mr Davis is quite upset, and well, we all know what the climate of the country is, given George Floyd…and others. We’d like to not involve press, as it might tarnish our neighborhoods reputation, so the HOA is prepared to give Mr Davis a free voucher to the golf course for the week and $20 off dues next month.

Score!

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
HELLO HOA I AM WRITING TO YOU WITH AN URGENT MATTER,

I AM NOT RACIST I AM NOT RACIST HOWEVER I AM CONCERNED BY THE PRESENCE OF AN INDIVIDUAL THAT I SAW OUTSIDE THE OTHER DAY. HE WAS NOT WITHIN THE HOA'S ZONING, THIS WAS AT THE HOME DEPOT, BUT I WAS LOUDLY TOLD TO "STOP USING THE DISPLAY GRILLS" BY THE "MANAGER" WHO I BELIEVE WAS LATINO OR POSSIBLY EVEN A LIGHT SKINNED BLACK MAN. THIS IS CONCERNING TO ME AND I DO NOT THINK THE HOME DEPOT ON COMMERCIAL DRIVE SHOULD BE HAVING THIS MAN REPRESENT THEIR STORE AND ARE WE SURE THIS ISN'T INVITING THESE KINDS OF PEOPLE INTO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD WITH THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR RUNNING RAMPANT ACROSS THE TOWN? BY THESE PEOPLE I MEAN VERY RUDE "MANAGERS" AGAIN I AM NOT RACIST HE JUST HAPPENS TO BE DARKER SKINNED I AM JUST SAYING I AM JUST SAYING IT'S STATISTICALLY PROVEN TH-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
We are all glad to see Spring make its arrival, however, please note that all homeowners currently displaying a seasonal flag whose colors and/or imagery fall under our "winter" guidelines must now rotate it out in favor of more seasonally-appropriate decor. Snowflakes are out, flowers are in! Please be advised Easter bunnies and eggs are only permitted to remain up to 30 days after Easter Sunday, as per our regulations regarding Christian holidays. Seasonal flag rotation is very important to the core values of our HOA. Last year the constant-offender house on Mulwood Avenue left its Thanksgiving cornucopia out until mid-March, which was a shame and a disgrace. We cannot allow our neighborhood to look as if we don't know what month it is.