Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pokemon ftw. I love pokemon. Naming them, collecting them, battling, etc... it's all epic. playing Violet and once i got past the game running like liquid rear end it hooked me like nothing else. one of my favorite games is Snap/New Pokemon Snap because i love seeing the little dudes interact with each other and the environment, and it's amazing how much fun it is to see the little dudes just chilling out in an overworld in Scarlet/Violet instead of being random encounters in the grass or something.

here is Annihilape, my favorite gen 9 pokemon. it is a ghost type because it is a Primeape who got so mad that it died and became a ghost.

post your favorite things about pokemon, or your favorite pokemon games, or your favorite pokemon. or post your pokemon teams. competitive, casual..... no matter how you play, pokemon ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My brother is playing Pokemon Infinity, which is a ground up fangame and honestly, it looks really cool and builds on a lot of stuff the mainline games should be building on. I'd jump in if I wasn't elbow deep in like a million other games right now

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My favorite pokemon is Frosslass.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cubone & Gengar have been my favorites since RBY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love the pokedex in Scarlet/violet btw. They added these cool pics of them like in the OP and it just adds a lot of charm to it, and I love seeing the new pic you get every time you register a new mon.....

i only wish the pokes from other generations that the game supports had those pics too...

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bulbasaur is #1

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Bulbasaur is #1

this.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Pokemon ftw. Piplup and Empoleon for me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Bulbasaur is #1

This is true

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love the fire starter in Scarlet/violet because it looks like a character from Bubble Bobble

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Arceus is the best Pokémon since the originals

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I only played red and then gold back in the day, my favorite guys were Starmie, Vileplume, Jolteon, Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Porygon 2.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Golem was my rock guy in red.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Black/White was the handheld version I played the most and Scraggy/Scrafty were my faves there..... just little dudes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Plebian Parasite posted:

Bulbasaur is #1

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

scarvio is the best Pokémon since the originals

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

but also sumo and swoshi are sick too. have to agree with the op, pokemon ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My favorite Pokémon is Snubbull because I love jowly grumpy-looking dogs like bulldogs and boxers, and I’m loving pissed that she hasn’t been in Sword/Shield, Arceus, or Scarlet/Violet

I was obsessed with Pokémon as a kid when the first two generations came out, then I kind of fell off until gen 5, which I tried again in college when a bout of nostalgia hit me and I’ve been on it ever since. Gen 5 being like a soft reboot of the series, with only new Gen 5 Pokémon appearing until the endgame and most of them being analogous to Gen 1 Pokémon, made it such a cool way to get back into the series after a long absence, it felt like serendipity in a weird way. It’s definitely a foundational series to me as a gamer.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

Arceus is the best Pokémon since the originals

:hai:

thanks to dendy, for good sig

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Haunter is the best. Having too much fun sneaking around, scaring people and laughing.

First Elite 4 team was Venusaur, Haunter, Kadabra, Graveler, Raticate, and Articuno. Loved those guys.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I hated girafarig when I first played gold, now that I am older I think it's cool that some pokemon are just crazy nonsense, variety is good.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
This is every Gengar fan

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Also shoutout to runner-up and honorable mention favorite Pokémon Rhydon and Rhyhorn, Nidoran male (my favorite as a kid and still up there now), Eevee Vaporeon and Umbreon, the pink Gastrodon, Spinda, cutting the list off now because I’ll probably just keep going lol. There’s so many good Pokémon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is every Gengar fan

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I think my Red team was Scyther, Flareon, Gengar, Articuno, Alakazam, Blastoise. I don't remember who I used for Silver. I haven't played Pokemon since then but Battle Frontier got me to put Platinum in the queue.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

This is every Gengar fan

King

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

but also sumo and swoshi are sick too. have to agree with the op, pokemon ftw

I got bit by the bug hard and will probably be playing shield, op.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

I hated girafarig when I first played gold, now that I am older I think it's cool that some pokemon are just crazy nonsense, variety is good.

its new evo is really good

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I got bit by the bug hard and will probably be playing shield, op.

enjoy, although shield is like, the blueprint for violet, so probably not as cool in reverse order lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like Maractus and Gloom OP. And the rock crab.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

its new evo is really good

I haven’t played scarlet/Violet yet but I’m really impressed with the quality of its new Pokémon designs. Feel like Tinkaton will probably end up as one of my favorites, and I really love the new dogs, Fidough and the ghost one. And the weird Mega Man Battle Network net navi ones.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

it gets overlooked because of garchomp in the next generation but flygon is MY ground/dragon pokemon

loved the series since i was a kid, still play it today and have since introduced it to my kid. pokemon ftmfw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oh yeah this guy too

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

snorlax has been my fave since gen 1. he's badass

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i dream of owning a giant dragapult soft toy

look at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU