Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

I always hoard all the bugs. I love the bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bug team ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

This is every Gengar fan

Slightly overweight and looking like he loves the poo poo out of his life? I guess I'm a motherfucking Gengar fan then,

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Metis of the Hallway posted:

i dream of owning a giant dragapult soft toy

look at them

This

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

A girl named Espeon just cut my hair today. I asked if it was a nickname and she said "no, my parents grew up playing the old Pokemon games like Platinum." I aged instantly in the barber's chair like the guy who drinks from the false Grail

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
my favorite is mawile, op.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

This is every Gengar fan

:hai:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i'm going to do it. i'm going to buy one. i deserve to live out my dream

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm going to do it. i'm going to buy one. i deserve to live out my dream

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Me and a friend recently played through red/blue. I played red, he played blue, and he would send me his rom so I could trade his pokemon off with mine. I ended up completing the pokedex and it felt really good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

growlithe is my dude from the beginning. look at him murder this old man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFl4WzBIfM

how about another fave. this time it's Torkoal. The Pokémon is protected by its white smoke, which prevents other Pokémon from lowering its stats.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pokemon Stadium hit the NSO service today btw. I played that so much as a kid, it's probably been 20 years or more since I last played it and I've still got all the announcer's lines burned into my brain. IT GOES DOWN AFTER A GOOOOOD FIIIIIIGHT

Can't wait for Stadium 2, I never had that one

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've been playing tons of pokemon lately, mostly because the impending 3ds virtual console shutdown got me to get a bunch of games and they reminded me how much fun it all was. Pokemon Snap and Puzzle League on switch online are fun as heck too, tons of nostalgia. Also been playing romhacks, some of the fans make some wild stuff both good and bad.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

When I played X I started with a Froakie that I named Spitball and kept them in the squad for pretty much the entire game.

I should probably play more Pokemon because it's fun thinking of stupid names for them

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's real hard to pick a favorite but I think it's this guy

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Pokemon Stadium hit the NSO service today btw. I played that so much as a kid, it's probably been 20 years or more since I last played it and I've still got all the announcer's lines burned into my brain. IT GOES DOWN AFTER A GOOOOOD FIIIIIIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRihTfwnb4k

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i played the gently caress out of Fire Red and Sapphire as a kid but dropped off at uhhhh Diamond i think, and only picked it back up with Shining Pearl a year and a half ago or so. i started Sword a few months back but stopped around the second gym badge for no real good reason, think maybe just burnout. was good tho.

eternal favs are Blastoise, Haunter, Kadabra, Solrock, Kyogre, and Houndoom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
fave is breloom, i love the little stretchy arm shroom dinosaur

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cheetah7071 posted:

fave is breloom, i love the little stretchy arm shroom dinosaur

Breloom is God drat OP.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The first time i played platinum I borrowed a friend's DS to get Scizor pretty early and that thing is illegal it murdered everything in the game that isn't a fire type

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

it wasn't until years later when i watched cowboy bebop that i realized that pokemon was also anime. and then it kind of blew my mind that the actress for pikachu would still be the exact same person in every single localization for the show

I only ever played Red and Gold and Pokemon Stadium. In Red I beat most of the game using a Hypno with Hypnosis and Dream Eater. He wasn't exactly very cool looking though. So he's my actual fave, but the cutest that i still remember was either Sentret or Pikachu

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Old favorite

Mamoswine looks like the ultimate warrior crossed with a wooly mammoth that has a pig nose. It's also ground/ice which is a unique typing that can basically hit almost anything in the game for at least neutral damage, but a lot of super effective. In PLA the alpha mamoswine is probably the largest pokemon in the game and looks super goofy when you let them out in town

Favorite from the new game:

Chien-pao which is basically just a snow leopard with a sword for fangs

I like ice types a lot.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

i dream of owning a giant dragapult soft toy

look at them

A friend of mine owns this + dozens of other expensive pokemon plushes (I think the most expensive is $720, altogether probably over $15-20k spent on these things) and whenever I'm at her house I constantly threaten to do wrestling moves on them (ie picking them up "would be a shame if I executed a German suplex on Snorlax..." "PUT HIM loving DOWN" etc). I have had housewide bans threatened on multiple occasions, and now she hides all of them in the guest bedroom when I come over

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ol yeller posted:

A friend of mine owns this + dozens of other expensive pokemon plushes (I think the most expensive is $720, altogether probably over $15-20k spent on these things) and whenever I'm at her house I constantly threaten to do wrestling moves on them (ie picking them up "would be a shame if I executed a German suplex on Snorlax..." "PUT HIM loving DOWN" etc). I have had housewide bans threatened on multiple occasions, and now she hides all of them in the guest bedroom when I come over

Lmfao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ol yeller posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Friend gave me a 30+Ban from the Den because I drunkenly pissed on the 2000 dollar Mr. Mime I thought was my friend Brandon and I guess I also got piss on the 600 dollar Mime Jr as well from splash damage

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

Lmao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Friend gave me a 30+Ban from the Den because I drunkenly pissed on the 2000 dollar Mr. Mime I thought was my friend Brandon and I guess I also got piss on the 600 dollar Mime Jr as well from splash damage

Lol

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ol yeller posted:

lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ol yeller posted:

I have a super comfortable and cute 'sleeping pikachu' plush but it's ok because I didn't spend money on it I simply stole it from a child.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

I have a super comfortable and cute 'sleeping pikachu' plush but it's ok because I didn't spend money on it I simply stole it from a child.

I sleep in a big bed with my electric mouse.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

ol yeller posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ashamed to admit I got caught for the second time this week Creampieing Jess’s Wigglytuff she picked up at Otakon 2019 during a raffle at the vendor hall. Her and Mark explained that I would be getting a lifetime achievement permaban from their house which is bullshit since I wasn’t even aware that was a rule!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Ashamed to admit I got caught for the second time this week Creampieing Jess’s Wigglytuff she picked up at Otakon 2019 during a raffle at the vendor hall. Her and Mark explained that I would be getting a lifetime achievement permaban from their house which is bullshit since I wasn’t even aware that was a rule!

Lol 0 lie she has a creepy brother in law and she hid the slowpoke when he crashed on their couch because she was afraid he would try this

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

Lol 0 lie she has a creepy brother in law and she hid the slowpoke when he crashed on their couch because she was afraid he would try this

Lmao jesus

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ol yeller posted:

Everyone knows a guy like this, and if you don’t, well…. It’s probably you lmao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

ol yeller posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hide yo kids, hide yo $500 life size Parasect