Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I kept using a modded Amiga 1200 until 2001 or so, with a PowerPC board and poo poo. I gave up when I messed up a pointer in some c code and it managed to make the filesystem gently caress up all my data (no memory protection lmao)

Then I became a freebsd guy

Then I became a gentoo guy

Then I became a kubuntu guy

I programmed only in 68k assembly for years

Then I became a C guy

Then I became a C++ guy (which i still am)

bad_computer_decisions.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

zlodo have you ever made money off programming or coding or software engineering or whatever

I've worked as a coder for the past twenty years, mostly in video games

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

what the gently caress kind of video game programming were you doing and presumably selling on an amiga

oh i never did any professional work back on the amiga

I did lug it around to my first job interview to show off things i had done though

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

actual confession: i no longer get excited about new technology and i'm a little scared i'm finally going to become a legit dinosaur in the industry who's completely out of touch

ive been like this for years

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
While I'm not excited by tech anymore, I do still like to build things. Like I'm not excited of writing c++ code for the sake of it, but I'm happy if I feel that it helps our game be a good game