Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
From Aqua's perspective, Ai was actively giving birth when he died and Sarina died years ago so I can see him not making the connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Oshi No Ko answers the question of whether unborn children have souls with "no" since they slotted the doctor's in well after that body was gestating.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nitrousoxide posted:

Oshi No Ko answers the question of whether unborn children have souls with "no" since they slotted the doctor's in well after that body was gestating.

This disregards the possibility that souls can time travel.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Shout-out to Miyako being such a good mom. Taking over despite such a massive tragedy from the loss of ai, her husband disappearing and raising her kids, most wouldn't be able to handle such stresses

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nitrousoxide posted:

nah it just called dibs and summoned murder to ensure it got its way

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Baby souls got murdered and replaced with a gynecologist and a terminal cancer patient.

The fetus souls get reincarnated in another world or something I dunno

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

From Aqua's perspective, Ai was actively giving birth when he died and Sarina died years ago so I can see him not making the connection.

He did make the connection, but when he asked Ruby a question, she claimed to have been an adult when she died, so he pretty much went "Yeah, that'd be a stretch even for a situation this ridiculous", and didn't think of it again.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I feel like Ruby probably really didn't want to talk about her previous life much since it was kind of terrible and she seemed to hate it, and Aqua just sort of followed suit.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Annointed posted:

Shout-out to Miyako being such a good mom. Taking over despite such a massive tragedy from the loss of ai, her husband disappearing and raising her kids, most wouldn't be able to handle such stresses
Hope she gets that handsome husband she was promised

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Hope she gets that handsome husband she was promised

She's gonna end up with Prez's dad from Kaguya-sama. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

amigolupus posted:

A Downtown Independently Livestreaming Father!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

nah it just called dibs and summoned murder to ensure it got its way
last season's magical revolution of the reincarnated princess brought this question up, it was kind of interesting

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Dexo posted:

Aqua is an all time piece of poo poo.

Strong agree.

I'm honestly kind of emotionally torn on Ruby's goals. On the one hand I don't think it's gonna end well based on what happened in the first episode and what I know about idol industry (which tbf is not a whole lot). But godammit, she's so passionate about it I can't help but root for her :(

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's admittedly a big-time cheat when you make the first episode of an ongoing series almost as long as a typical OVA or anime movie in general, and use that time to tell a mostly complete story, but yeah that's a drat fine first episode of an anime for sure. Ai's death had me tearing up nearly as much as the first time I read it, and I was a real mess then.

I'm sure I'd of enjoyed Rie in a role that's in the series longer, but man she hit it out of the park as Ai and really set the tone for the voice acting of the series right out the gate. I feel like there's a big time extra kick to things if you're a casual anime fan and just like "Oh cool Rie's in this she's great, looking forward to seeing more of her in this and OMG WTF!"

The star eyes are also a lot of fun to see animated.

Oh, and I'm convinced Akasaka's got enough cred for turning out fun and interesting stuff now that anything he's involved in now from now on will get an anime adaptation and most (hopefully all) of them will adapt the entire run of the manga. Seeing how well Oshi no Ko's anime adaptation turned out has also convinced me that we're gonna get to see all of Kaguya (plus or minus the occasional skipped chapter while covering the overall story, no big deal) animated eventually too, which will be very nice.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 20, 2023

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

NowonSA posted:

I'm sure I'd of enjoyed Rie in a role that's in the series longer, but man she hit it out of the park as Ai and really set the tone for the voice acting of the series right out the gate. I feel like there's a big time extra kick to things if you're a casual anime fan and just like "Oh cool Rie's in this she's great, looking forward to seeing more of her in this and OMG WTF!"

The interview I posted last page actually talked about this a bit, Rie was actually aiming to voice Akane-chan at first, but didn't pass the first round auditions for her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
She wanted to be Akane because she herself is an actor and related more to that than being an idol.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Julias posted:

The interview I posted last page actually talked about this a bit, Rie was actually aiming to voice Akane-chan at first, but didn't pass the first round auditions for her.

Yeah I saw that, I was just kind of not bringing it up to keep stuff that comes up later to a minimum. I guess just something like a character name really isn't a spoiler though.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

amigolupus posted:

They did say the company manages internet talents now.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
You guys need to be nicer to Ruby's dad. He stepped right into Ai's role of underage emotionally stunted parent and he's doing his (very, very traumatized) best.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week we get a great episode filled with terrible acting!

Also fun fact: the manga in this episode is the same manga from Kaguya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoVC_qYXc_w

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

As someone who saw a lot of lovely live adaptation of shoujo manga I can say
Yep
This was the live adapation of all time
The actors were acting
:smithfrog:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I enjoyed the twins sweatshirts

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Mangaka having that same face as everyone who seen the life anime adaptations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Doga Kobo made Kana cuter than ever. Such power…

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

animated Kana is everything I hoped for, and more.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Kana's such a sweetie. I'm torn between wanting to see her being bullied by Ruby and being friends with her.

https://i.imgur.com/NF5LRoi.gifv

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 27, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Kana's such a sweetie. I'm torn between wanting to see her being bullied by Ruby and being friends with her.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Protecc Kana from the cruel world of acting.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Coxswain Balls posted:

https://twitter.com/anime_oshinoko/status/1651231909509226497?s=20

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

not into nendoroid figures, but if i got one of Kana, that would be the faceplate I use

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I had absolutely no idea what this was about other than the 1min trailer.

That first episode ripped out my heart and tore it to pieces.

I don't usually go into anime looking for emotional damage.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The ones after episode 1 seem to just randomly end at weird spots. It’s like it’s still running on a movie length format. But then it’s like oh it’s the end, got to cut it off now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think they work fine as ending spots (episode 2 ends on a joke and 3 on a cliffhanger), the problem is that they also decided to show the episode title cards at the end. Which can theoretically work if the title of the episode is something dramatic and spoilery like "a tragic death" or whatever, but in this case the episode titles are banal and there's no benefit whatsoever to putting them between the cliffhanger and the ending credits. Frankly the one in episode 2 was even confusing because the issue it referred to was already resolved earlier in the episodes and the story was in the middle of moving on to something else.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They are ending like the manga chapters do

There is nothing Akasaka loves more than ending the chapter on some characters reaction or Aqua being mad and brimming with evil determination.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Like if you are going to put the episode title at the end you better have a drat good reason.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwq8R8ag7k

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Melt-kun >>>>

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
The anime staff know what we watch this for, funny faces
https://twitter.com/anime_oshinoko/status/1653768422638104577?s=20

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sometimes it takes being a heel to bring out the best in others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Between the green and the pupils in color Frill looks like she's secretly a lizard person