Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Frill is an Alien prove me wrong

Protip you can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Scuse you, she’s clearly a lizard person

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Frill just reminds me of Enkidu from Fate Grand Order.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

If they're trying to be on the down low, isn't it risky to keep using their real last name? I thought they were registered under their adopted mom's name but I guess not. Especially with people noticing that they look like their mom it seems like a bad idea.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

If they're trying to be on the down low, isn't it risky to keep using their real last name? I thought they were registered under their adopted mom's name but I guess not. Especially with people noticing that they look like their mom it seems like a bad idea.

Ai's last name was never made public.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Ahhhh you're right, I never caught that they were always just calling her Ai-san.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Ahhhh you're right, I never caught that they were always just calling her Ai-san.

It's brought up in the first episode when the doctor first confronts the stalker. He wonders how he knows Ai's full name since no one's supposed to know that. Which in retrospect also explains why he himself didn't recognize her until she took her hat off, even though he'd been staring at her file with her name written on it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

2/3 of the episodes so far ends with a final shot of Kana Arima as the final cut. (not counting the long prologue episode)

director knows who the best character is.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
There's something about Kana's hair that looks really tasty

They should make Kana-themed fruit drops imo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Never really noticed Kana’s marble/galaxy eyes in the manga since there’s no color

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Something I appreciated from rewatching episode 4 is how you can see Melt gesticulating too much with his hands during the shoot. It really helps sell how lousy he is at acting. :allears:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

As a manga reader, I'm not going to spoil anything per se, but I have to tell you that the despair isn't over. This series is loving despair on a stick, so much despair even Monokuma would blush. Next episode is gonna be lit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i would rather spoilers than posts like that tbh

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I might just read the manga to get ahead and not deal with weekly anguish of not knowing where the next episode will land. I get enough of that already.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Endorph posted:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Glad Aqua and Kana were at least able to pull off the biggest scene that mattered for that live action adaptation. Most adaptations don't even get that fortunate.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

New episode's out.

They did justice to Pieyon. Full marks, no complaints whatsover. :perfect:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Based Pieyon

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Pieyon based.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Pieyon’s segment went way harder than I thought it would when I read that chapter of the manga. That theme song alone justified this anime adaption.

Pieyon is super based
https://twitter.com/anime_oshinoko/status/1656305105350840320?s=20

Edit: interview with Akasaka
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fe...akasaka/.197795

Exia fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 10, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Pieyowns

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

amigolupus posted:

New episode's out.

They did justice to Pieyon. Full marks, no complaints whatsover. :perfect:

:same:
Absolutely everything I was expecting from the episode and more. They didn’t have to go that hard on the Pieyon dance scene, but the BGM and everything made it. Was halfway to screaming ONEGAI MUSCLE every goddamn flex. And the scene with Pieyon quipping about his earnings to get Kana around to his way of seeing things was exactly as expected.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Need to see Pieyon Kana and Ruby flexing to all sorts of backgrounds.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so much Kana overload this anime episode.
:O

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I enjoy seeing Aqua in pain. He's going to be loving miserable every second of that dating show, and it will be wonderful.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The anime’s official YouTube channel just released a one hour version of the Pieyon training video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS7fDseHxMQ

Whoever does this series’ marketing is a goddamn genius.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I can understand why they did it like this, but I was still disappointed that it just loops.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Clarste posted:

I can understand why they did it like this, but I was still disappointed that it just loops.

They originally released a minute and a half version, and then looped it when people wanted a one hour version, yeah.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

where is his mask?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GhostStalker posted:

The anime’s official YouTube channel just released a one hour version of the Pieyon training video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS7fDseHxMQ

Had to check if the length matched up with the timer that we see in the episode. Pretty close given that we see it stop just a bit before 1:00:15.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GhostStalker posted:

Also there's this baking soda.
https://twitter.com/anime_oshinoko/status/1657980078566014978

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New behind the scenes episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqlFQFIrnQ

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Man, this episode was hard to watch.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Yeah I’ve been looking forward to how the anime does this, because it’s an extremely depressing and heavy, and unfortunately all to realistic, look at how social media will destroy someone’s life for the smallest thing.

Also, this is getting a dub and some of the cast have been announced
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-05-17/oshi-no-ko-anime-reveals-english-dub-cast-may-24-premiere/.198178

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Goes to show it not just boys that do harassment.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Annointed posted:

Goes to show it not just boys that do harassment.

Am I :thejoke: right now or is this real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Welp, guess it’s Hana Kimura time.