Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i dont agree op however i do love old machines so i still use the cassette deck in my 83 rx7 cause it's fun to use antiquated technology in daily use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

altho tbf an old car is probably the only place you'll find a cassette deck anymore and old cars loving rule so maybe i agree with you op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actually the best is using the cassette deck in a old car except with a bluetooth cassette and i just stream whatever tf i want to it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

when i was still in a band, so like 7 years ago, some punk and indie bands were starting to release their EPs on cassette. like trying to one up how everyone releases on vinyl now. except vinyl still sounds good and tapes sound poo poo.

can't play a record in ur car. cassettes win again

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol but also gently caress you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

paying a grip to add an accessory to my car that plays a bespoke record format except badly and it skips

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

I havent seen a car with a cassette player in years

yeah they're mostly in vintage cars tbf but i'm into that poo poo. only that ultra fail record player thing that panic at the tesco posted (due to him being a vile vinyl lover and he's obsessed with listening to it even in grotesque ways like in the car) is comparabale on the record side. cassette players were ubiquitous for a long time, even in the 90s when CD tech reached its zenith

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

cd walkman (with caselogic binder full of burned cds) to car cassette adapter to tape deck in Camry. Front seat passenger was DJ

lol this is like the worst possible combo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

stephen_falken posted:

My high school band rig from 1982

this guy ias the real freakin deal......

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

fps_nug posted:

You have an 83 rx7? I wanna sex now

w/ posing dog (cassette deck not pictured)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hey welcome to the thread. didnt expect to see you here until this very post