Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Started collecting tapes this year and it's been a lot of fun. Up to 130 right now and I've been using random number generators to decide which one to listen to from the collection. I love the chonky buttons that cassette players.

Started with one of those new Bluetooth players, but upgraded(?) to a used Aiwa player which sounds a lot better! Figuring out storage is less fun, but I must continue this addiction. Who knew that cataloging via spreadsheets and re-alphabatizing the collection could be so enjoyable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Outside on my day off listening to tapes - here's my full collection!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Yeah I've definitely had some "wait how is this coming from a tape" moments while going through my catalog. Unfortunately life hits you in the face because enevitably the next one you load sounds like hell. Still worth it.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I definitely did! Tapes were phasing out when I was a kid and I only had CDs growing up.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Imagine being so weird that you to come to the tape thread for people who like tapes and telling people that like tapes to not like tapes.

Anywho, wife got me a couple of tapes recently, a Trio album of Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, and Emmylou Harris; and Mommas & Papas' California Dreamin. Both sound great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

New tapes day