Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I remember when Tower Records closed and I got a bunch of cool tapes to play in my old red Volvo for like fifty cents each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hell yeah chat pile

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I came back from my parents with this; they let me go through all their old AV stuff; 4 out of 6 tape decks do not spin but both of these work, one sounds great, the recording head sounds dirty but I haven't tried a cleaner yet, because I am lazy. My friend who is more cassette brained than me said "of course you just take it if it's being offered, if both decks work you're probably looking at spending several hundred dollars to get anything similar, who cares about the CD tray". He's right, but I've still been tinkering with the CD tray, and I have it more working.

Also got a pair of these sweet $100-in-1972 speakers to go along with:

These are 20-30 years older than the speakers that came with the Sony, which were also sitting down there. These sound better, and look like speakers, instead of that weird 90s thing of speakers that look like a flux capacitor.

Because I am very smart, I just spent around $35 shipped for a 30-year-old cassette which also has a more recent re-issue I could have gotten for less money and which would be more likely to not sound like it's been in a lake.

wait are those crappy little Sony 2-tape/CD sets worth money now? because my dad has like 5 of those scattered throughout the house all in perfect shape