Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I found Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock by Talk Talk on tape in a Goodwill one time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
cd walkman (with caselogic binder full of burned cds) to car cassette adapter to tape deck in Camry. Front seat passenger was DJ

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol this is like the worst possible combo

In a later vehicle (a Tacoma) the tape adapter became stuck in the slot and I left it there with the wire dangling for like 10 years

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Piss Creep posted:

Youre already stearing with you're knee right, so one hand free to pop open the portable CD player on the passenger seat and change CD

the other hand holding a smoke

its playing thru one of those cassette player adapters, and charging from the cigarette lighter

Oh yeah plugging the loving cd player into the cigarette lighter, I forgot about that too, wow

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Going over a big pothole and the song skips/jumps to the next track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

kntfkr posted:

Walkmen on ebay are like $200 and I hope those sellers get hit by cars cuz gently caress u.

this just makes me think of the dozens of them I've passed by over the years, at garage and estate sales, thrift stores, flea markets, etc. Seeing retro video game skyrocket during the pandemic hosed me up too.