Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
even if you love your job it definitelyhas a few things that are really lovely about it. but on the flipside even the shittiest jobs i've had have had something redeeming. so let's share the best and worst things about our jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The customers.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

best: they pay me well and i get 4 weeks off
worst: they expect me to work

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm unemployable until they figure out how to manufacture pants capable of containing my massive hog

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
oops it popped out again haha

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the best thing about my job is that i get to write music for at least part of my living, and most of the people i work for give me a huge amount of creative control and flexability.

the worst thing about my job is that there's not simply enough of it to make ends meet, and getting more work is extremely difficult in my position. it also requires a certain degree of self-promotion, which i'm terrible at.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Getting beaten up and getting beaten off

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The best is that I'm paid very well for not very difficult, just time-consuming, work.

The worst is that it's all contract-based and I need to job hunt every year in a very insular industry.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
my job loving kicks rear end, the best thing about it is that I work from home and it's permanent. written into the contract that I can never be made to go to the office. I have never met a single coworker in this 30 thousand employee company in person and unless something crazy happens I never will. the worst thing is that I have to do work sometimes

I don't deal with customers anymore because I'm middle management so i have the easiest imaginable job, as far as I know there's literally not an easier job I could have at this company and it's more than 25 an hour and I spend a huge portion of my day dicking around on the internet and that's totally fine.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

best: getting paid well to tell engineers how to fix poo poo
worst: having to tell engineers how to fix poo poo they wrote

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the worst part about this new job is that it's just a little bit worse in every way than my old job except more time off and better pay :sigh:

wish my old work listened to me

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
it doesnt exist

it doesnt exist

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actually another thing i'm learning about myself is that i really enjoy organizing things and thus management and project management and i'm not super interested in design. this sickens me

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Best: I'm salaried and my boss doesn't care what time I come and go from work as long as the work's done

Worst: Sometimes that means I'm getting calls at night or on weekends

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Best: The money
Worst: work

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Get to play with puppies and kittens all day.

Pay is garbage.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The best part is that they pay me to post but the worst part is that they expect me to actually do other things and occasionally hold me accountable for them.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
best: making friends with giant pacific octopuses
worst: saying goodbye them :<

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
best: I get to smell all the farts I want

worst: I have to supply them myself

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

best: making friends with giant pacific octopuses
worst: saying goodbye them :<

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
The best part is that no one I directly work with is an rear end in a top hat. The only guy who was kind of a jerk got messed up on drugs, and decided to go driving. He hit and killed a fireman on the freeway. He don’t work here no more.

The worst part is it’s loving boring and I have to work every minute of the work day, because there’s always too much work.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Best: All of the dicks
Worst: All the sucking

Edit: Joke post not related to serious post

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Unemployed ATM, but the best thing about my previous job were the people. Just an incredible bunch of good-natured fun and wild coworkers at all the sites I’d have to go to. Also, my boss, despite being a grouchy and surly crab-rear end who should have retired 10+ years ago, was pretty lenient and carefree about me taking time off and calling in because he trusted me.

The worst thing was also my boss, who was nice one second and an evil power-tripping prick the next second. We all brought up his swinging behavior and general prickishness to the higher-ups, but he’d been there so long that all we could get was, “That’s just him being him and there’s nothing we can really do about it :shrug:

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

I get paid a lot for what I do and I actually get to use what I went to school for, which is nice. The work itself is fun, I get experience with a lot of different tools and disciplines, and my coworkers are all really nice and knowledgeable.

On the flipside, a lot of it is time consuming and very finicky, and our project management system is a loving labyrinthine nightmare hellscape that fails in a new way every time I have to interact with it

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i like working from home. my performance is also judged by stupid metrics that are easy as hell to game. also 4 x 10 schedule is the bomb.

worst thing is taking phone calls for sure.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Best: My boss rules
Worst: People. Also it's an hour drive for not nearly enough pay.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Permanent Work-From-Home here.

Best: I jerk off whenever I want
Worst: I only got two hands so sometimes I actually have to work.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Best: these people took a chance on me despite my having a stupid-as-gently caress degree and I actually get to develop the skills I want.

Worst: the people I work with are apparently polar bears in human disguise and want to have all of the windows open at all times even in the middle of winter.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Best: I pretend to work

Worst: They pretend to pay me

:ussr:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Best: Good pay plus annual bonus, 5 weeks PTO, really good insurance (for the US), my boss is in China, my hours are 8-4 (3pm on Fridays during the summer)

Worst: customers, some lovely internal systems, customers, occasional travel

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

ELTON JOHN posted:

even if you love your job it definitelyhas a few things that are really lovely about it. but on the flipside even the shittiest jobs i've had have had something redeeming. so let's share the best and worst things about our jobs

The worst thing: Literal poo poo.
The best thing: One of my residents grand daughters is a pro athlete,

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Best: I literally get paid to do nothing for hours on end.

Worst: I'm on call 24/7 so planning any kind of socializing outside of work is practically impossible.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Dick sucking has never been better.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Best:

I get paid to hang out with the bros, work out, read, post, work on personal projects, etc.
I get to feel like I've legitimately helped people.
When I'm not chilling I get to do dangerous poo poo and roll around in a badass truck.
Unlimited paid sick leave. Job related medical expenses fully covered.
I am probably one of the last of my age cohort in the country in a pension system.

Cons:

I could get hosed up or die on the job, very likely to get cancer early.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Best: The money
Worst: work

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shadow wizard money gang

Pro: We love casting spells

Cons: This job has been sponsored by the Shadow Government

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Get to sculpt and model things and characters

Some of it is used for advertising

Delta-P
Jan 1, 2020

Pros: I get to play with trains
Cons: I work for the railroad

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm freelance and that's my answer to both questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I love my people and love making a difference in their lives. I love having an extremely diverse group of people who probably couldn't hack it in the real world with their diverse set of specific skills.

I hate that I can't blame anyone except myself when poo poo explodes or goes sideways.