Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
pros: I am having a blast doing stuff I have wanted to do for a very long time, I work in a historic theater building and over lockdown got to crawl through and explore nearly every inch of it, I built and catalogued a film archive, I've learned more than I ever thought I'd learn from this job and am about to learn a lot more, the people I work with are all awesome and know their poo poo, and when it comes to dealing or arguing with horrible customers and performers the management has our backs

cons: most of our business is a dying artform, there's absolutely no real money in the job which means I can't make rent doing just this alone, I threw my back out over the winter playing sokoban with kegs in the walk-in, the neighborhood is on the cusp of having the gently caress gentrified out of it, and every time the tightwad owner sees red ink he freaks out and decides it's time to sell out to live nation or the bowery and the ops manager has to go talk him down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU