Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Rody One Half posted:

Oh no, I just started watching this and was only half paying attention to the OP until this cold op

is the Osaka elf... the dreaded Japanese stand up????

why in the heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'd watch her set.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Good show, also

E: it's weird Elda only talks about the shogunate though, like say something about the Meiji or maybe the 70s

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 16, 2023

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Don't mention the war...

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I thought they were gonna go there in the first episode when she explained why she doesn't go out as often any more, but it was just that punk kid Kisaburou.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That wasn't even a snide war joke, I just really wish she'd talk about another time period! There's lots of interesting stuff in those 400 years!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rody One Half posted:

That wasn't even a snide war joke, I just really wish she'd talk about another time period! There's lots of interesting stuff in those 400 years!

She missed it all, she's been inside since the Edo period

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The terror of repairing Plamo with scotch tape

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Coulda been worse. Coulda been duct tape.

Her punishment was both justified and appropriate.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

How much of the manga does the show cover? I think I'm going to pick it up since it's probably unlikely this is going to get another season. The characters are great and I really enjoyed all the history tidbits.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Baka-Updates says "Ends at Vol 5, Chap 69.5 (S1, With events rearranged in order, some skipped and new scenes added)"

I think only up until volume five has been officially released in English, so you might have to wait a bit for new stuff.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Volume 6 is slated for the beginning of September.

Thing is, the anime cuts off before the last story of Volume 5, which has a small cliffhanger (it's nothing serious, just our heroines discovering they've got landed with a situation) that continues in Volume 6, so for this specifically, you need to read the last story of Volume 5 first.

narm00 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 24, 2023

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
This was a nice little series that ended on just the right tone. Not the greatest thing since sliced ramen, but it's still good to have simple shows like this among all the the bombast and boobies. It may not get another season, but I will be keeping up with the manga, now having voices and movement I can apply to it as I read.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm going to miss Elda whisper screaming "Koito! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Zeruel posted:

I'm going to miss Elda whisper screaming "Koito! "

Gonna make this my notification sound