Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Sullivan's main thing used to be yelling at the bench whenever they gave refs poo poo because he was all about just playing the game and not getting distracted but he's since dropped that and now he's the one yelling at the refs usually.

I've posted this before but, not really knowing anything about Sullivan when the Pens brought him up from WBS besides that he was Torts' guy for years and then the WBS team was doing really well, I didn't know what to think of him. Was just relieved he wasn't Mike Johnston. But the day early in his tenure that Malkin was bitching at the ref and Sullivan screamed "GENO SHUT THE gently caress UP!" and Malkin actually shut the gently caress up--that was the moment I knew the Penguins were in good hands.

That's not a sustainable way to deal with players in general, but oh ye gods after so many years of Bylsma and Johnston the Pens needed that so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Phil Kessel with the most motivating game 5 speech ever delivered

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctu_DnGuhQu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I've posted this before but, not really knowing anything about Sullivan when the Pens brought him up from WBS besides that he was Torts' guy for years and then the WBS team was doing really well, I didn't know what to think of him. Was just relieved he wasn't Mike Johnston. But the day early in his tenure that Malkin was bitching at the ref and Sullivan screamed "GENO SHUT THE gently caress UP!" and Malkin actually shut the gently caress up--that was the moment I knew the Penguins were in good hands.

That's not a sustainable way to deal with players in general, but oh ye gods after so many years of Bylsma and Johnston the Pens needed that so bad.

aside from the Rangers connection, he does a ton of stuff with USA Hockey and is really, really good at breaking the game down into digestible chunks for kids (and anyone honestly). I believe he's been very influential on the curriculum and methods for USA Hockey in general. Reminds me of my Dad's stories about just how impressive Ken Hitchcock was when he was teaching stuff when he did a clinic with him.