Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I put up a prediction thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029844

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This is gonna be the Leaf's year! I can feel it!

SECOND ROUND HERE WE GO BAY BEE

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Holy poo poo I totally forgot Phil Kessel is on Vegas.

14/22//36 worst full season of his career. I think he forgot, too.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/status/1647980358460411904?s=20

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Lost in round one. Lost badly. Like a dog

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

Vegas fans leaving with three minutes left in a 3-1 game was hugely shameful.

Can't imagine leaving with a game that close and especially not a playoff game.

In my experience home teams give away more stuff at losses anyway, so leaving a loss is not only shameful but a great way to miss out on premo swag. And it's not like you're hacking the traffic or anything

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Good. He'll miss the entire sweep lmao

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Well, it is an Evander Kane jersey...

Would a Nurse jersey make it better or worse?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

Ottinger has a sv% of 945 over 16 playoff games.

And has a 6-6 record lol

That's what happens when a team sits on your leading scorer and you have no depth. Evgenii Dadonov has more goals than Robo this series lmao

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

What in the gently caress

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

How long of a suspension do you get if you participated in sex trafficking

The maximum amount allowable under the CBA

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Pungry posted:

Wow. Can't believe the Panthers and Kraken pulled it out. Oliver "Superstar" Bjorkstrand delivers two goals in a game 7 as Grubauer shuts the door. Unbelievable.

2 goals and 3 posts/crossbars. Man was on fire all night and was millimeters away from putting the game to bed much earlier

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

T-Bone posted:

Meier in the line with his visor just covered in blood lmao

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Maybe 1+ game suspension for that? If Player Safety had a spine of course

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I don't care about the market for individual teams. I just want less ads about gambling

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Nuh uh, no name changes. I'm not updating the brackets

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

to be entirely fair, it is not uncommon for sports teams to play in suburban hellholes. Florida are the worst in the NHL but it's not like the Islanders and Sens are much better

Some teams play in urban hellholes, like the Rangers or Kings

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Why is MSG in an urban hellhole? It’s in midtown and… oh right. At least it’s easy to get to Penn Station, even if it’s basically a dirty cave.

I have no issue MSG I just thought it was an easy joke :lol:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

“Oh, yes. Believe me, my god, if I could turn back the clock on my Stone cross checking, I would certainly, reconsider it.

Lol perfect

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

Intentionally cross checking a guys jaw into the ice while he’s down because you’re angry is a 2 game suspension eh?

I love how much this league hates Michael Bunting, I support it fully

Yeah the Bunting suspension looks more and more odd with each passing Player Safety decree.

Maybe he was just a complete asshat during the meeting?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Wonderllama posted:

Bunting knocked a guy out of an entire series. Like it or not the panel views injuries as a higher punishment opportunity. Stone not missing any time saved Benn from a longer suspension.

Right which is why Cale Makar got 4 games for the hit on McCann

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Oh hey Spencer Carbery played for my alma mater. Dude must fuckin suck at playing hockey lmao

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

Was thinking about how Kessel is gonna get his name on the Cup again and was wondering -

The requirements to get your name engraved are to play 41 regular season games OR 1 SCF game, right? So, if a guy played every regular season game until the trade deadline, and then got traded to a non-playoff team, and then his original team goes on to win the Cup, can the guy get his name on it?

I assume the answer is “no”, because he’s not on the team anymore. But what’s the difference between that theoretical guy, and a theoretical guy that plays every game until the TDL and then gets sent to the AHL and never sees NHL ice again?

I assume MAYBE the team or league could make an exception if the guy is retiring or something? Has anything like this ever happened?

The team can petition to have a player name added. Teams get 53 (this doesn't seem right, but that's what the article says) name slots and can probably add folks if they are under that threshold and make a convincing argument to the league.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/daniel-carcillo-jamal-mayers-could-be-left-off-of-stanley-cup/2072534/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

edit: wrong thread damnit

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

William Karlsson rules

https://twitter.com/loganreever/status/1670291494803247108?s=20

https://twitter.com/loganreever/status/1670299165463810048?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Phil Kessel with the most motivating game 5 speech ever delivered

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctu_DnGuhQu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==