Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

That's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Duck Rodgers posted:

It's unfortunate living in EST but cheering for a western team. The Jets start times are brutal. It looks like game 4 starts at 830 local time on a Monday and 930 for me.

Even worse is living in pacific but wanting to watch an eastern team. You can always show up tired and hung over to work, but getting off work early?

No game should start before 9pm EDT

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
What? There's no re-seeding. If the Isles beat the Canes and Rags beat the Devils, there's a battle of New York

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lmao, the Avs official twitter account posted about how JT Compher is the 7th best in the NHL in faceoff win percentage at 48.8%, for players that took at least 1500 faceoff draws. Unrelated, did you know that only 7 players in the NHL took 1500 or more faceoff draws this year?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Any playoff prediction thread or no ?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029844

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

lmao, the Avs official twitter account posted about how JT Compher is the 7th best in the NHL in faceoff win percentage at 48.8%, for players that took at least 1500 faceoff draws. Unrelated, did you know that only 7 players in the NHL took 1500 or more faceoff draws this year?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
It's weird that in hockey the "modern era" even regularly considers players from 30+ years ago. Even "salary cap era" is getting a bit old now, it should be players that played in the last 10-15 years at least.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
E: wrong thread

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Are we talking about high-sticking the puck or an actual high sticking penalty here? I don't recall an uncalled high sticking penalty towards the end of the game last night but I think there was maybe an uncalled stoppage for high sticking the puck?

edit: but even then the high sticking the puck stoppage allows for it to go uncalled if it's batted into an opponent which is what I think happened.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Too much man allows for ref interpretation though, if the ref thinks a guy going off is close enough to the bench, making his way off, and is trying to avoid the play, then more than 5 skaters can be on the ice. Corey Perry whined about it last year's playoffs because Landeskog was crawling off the ice without a skate blade when Kadri came on and Perry thought Landeskog wasn't quite close enough to the bench at the time.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Escape Goat posted:

Was Darnell Nurse ever good?

Trying to figure out how he’s got that kind of contract but contributes on the level of a Luca Sbisa

He got that contract because he is Connor McDavid's best friend.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

grack posted:

If I were a GM I would do this every loving game.

Me too, but you, me, and him all have about the same chance of being a NHL GM in July

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
The only confirmed thing is that it's personal and non-disciplinary.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

soggybagel posted:

I'm sorry but where did the puck go? Out of play? How was that reduced? The NHL is amazing.

Yes, it went out of play. Refs didn't blow the whistle when puck went out of play, didn't call any penalty at all live, then called a major so that they could do video review, then reduced it back to a minor and you could see the ref and Makar talking to each other and it looked like Makar said something like "I thought he had it" while the ref shook his head and said no then there was a bunch more between them but I couldn't tell what they were saying

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
So Nichushkin's agent said that the intoxicated woman wasn't in his room, which does actually square up with everything previously reported if she was found in the hallway outside of his room when the team went to check on him. Also a Denver police lieutenant was travelling with the team and appears to have been in the hotel and gave a report to the Seattle police, which sounds incredibly bizarre to me. Do teams normally take police with them when travelling? It sounds like the team doctor that made the 911 call got the Denver cop to the scene before Seattle police arrived.

This is weird and I hope journalists keep looking into it

edit: It should be pointed out that if Nichushkin checked into rehab or something like that then the team wouldn't actually be able to say anything other than something like he entered the Player Assistance Program and because it's not in the regular season he doesn't actually need to enter the Player's Assistance Program to miss time with the team

fermun fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 29, 2023

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Called a minor on the ice so couldn't even be reviewed despite Cogliano going off injured :dumb:

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1652158856993144832

edit: Cogliano managed to return to the bench about 20 minutes later so probably no suspension for Eberle despite this being an incredibly dangerous hit.

fermun fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 29, 2023

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

Called a minor on the ice so couldn't even be reviewed despite Cogliano going off injured :dumb:

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1652158856993144832

edit: Cogliano managed to return to the bench about 20 minutes later so probably no suspension for Eberle despite this being an incredibly dangerous hit.

Cogliano is probably done for the playoffs, probably career at his age and on an expiring contract, after the game had an x-ray and he's got a broken neck

edit: So Kraken have done 2 likely career-ending hits on the Avs this series

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

WeaponX posted:

Hockey players are so soft, can’t even play with a fractured neck

He actually did play the full 3rd period with the fractured neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

who's the first? ??? and cogliano?

Darren Helm took a cross check to the side of the head in game 4 from Borgen about 5 minutes before the Makar hit and left with an upper body injury that is 100% a concussion and at 36 and all the injuries he's had this year i think that's probably it for him