Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Moneypuck has Canada represented by both teams in the Finals as a 4.9% chance, represented by at least one team as a 46.7% chance, and a 24.6% chance of hoisting the cup. I suppose this also means that the remaining 75.4% chance of a non-Canadian team winning means that at least a Canadian player will be on the winning team, so there's that at least.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jhet posted:

That’s a little surprising, but only a little. Development is a little stagnant this year I think and with the talent in Iowa right now they really need to get it right. Could have quite a few guys making a move up in the next two years and from the little I got to watch of Iowa this year they just weren’t consistently playing well.

COVID sucked in general, and also interrupted a promising season for the Iowa Wild. The 2019-2020 season was the best by far for the team before things shut down as they were in 2nd place in the Central after finishing 3rd the previous year and looked like they were ready to make a deep playoff run. This season, they were extremely inconsistent; at one point in the season they had a 6 win streak followed shortly by a 7 loss streak.

There's likely some frustration with Marco Rossi not making the leap to a full time roster spot with Minnesota. They at least seem to be happy with Jesper Wallstedt's progress as they're keeping the goaltender coach.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 23, 2023