Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_R4pR1hck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Some advice for Jamie Benn.

1. Shoot

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Toronto loving rules lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Too many good games

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sorry that took so long. I'm not quite used to this form. I call it Super Cringe 3.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Idgaf if other teams do it, it's incredibly bitchmade

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

clean ayers act posted:

how am i just now learning that Akira schmid is named after the creator of dragon ball z and his brother is named Krilin
what a world

I changed my mind, go Devils

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jimbozig posted:

To get a multi-game playoff suspension, you either need to straight murder a man who just put in an empty netter, have brown skin, or be a Leaf. God help you if you have brown skin and are a Leaf.

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

still celebrating my second daughter being born and getting caught up on every bit of news but I wanted to take a moment during her nap to just say

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'll never get as much joy from anything in my life as so many people do about leafs fans reactions, real or imagined.

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

1. Congrats ! Hell yeah !

2. Maybe pick a different hockey team to get your kids to interested in ? Don’t subject them to Flyers fandom. Or hell, soccer is cool.

1. :respek: thanks homie. the wife was amazing and our older daughter (2 years old) is absolutely obsessed with her and it rules

2. Look man, she's gotta learn some hard lessons about the unfairness of life so what better way to learn than by being a Philly sports fan!

From the very beginning the only things on a screen that hold her attention are: bluey, sesame street, and sports which includes, of course, tons of hockey.

I successfully have her chanting "hockey, hockey, hockey..." when we go to put it on and she asks for it all the time now. Fatherhood is going according to plan :v:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Two top five teams, plus the 8th if Dallas holds on, and last season's best team make the conference finals: this is bad and boring because their stadiums aren't in places that are cold.

No superstars left in the playoffs either! The guys who finished tied for 6th in the league with 109 points don't count.

WRONG, this is bad and boring because none of the places remaining deserve any sort of happiness

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Growing the game in "non-traditional" markets fuckin rules

It just sucks that these specifically are the non-traditional places we ended up with lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thinking about hockey

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Lived in New Jersey….

Flyers fan on top of it….

You poor poor bastard I wouldn’t wish that combo on anyone.

Yeah having to deal with Pennsylvania drivers is always a bad fate :v:

signed,

Burlington county dude who grew up along the delaware

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Vegas leans into the spectacle and entertainment side of things and I wish other hockey teams would take a hint and go for over-the-top fun poo poo, but that might require the NHL to have some level of personality to it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

The gently caress, this doesn't start til Saturday?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hate the state of Florida, the panthers that live there and the hockey team named after them.

lotta truth in this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hextall may have been a trash GM but he is still my favorite player, and I wish more goalies acted batshit like he did, because goalies fighting and getting pissed off is the best thing

Just watching people get bodied or see him get so mad he would just start fighting or chasing people down was fun as hell

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

*tearing up* you're free........you're finally free......

*lessail slowly disappears from existence*

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FunOne posted:

I've been impressed with the effect that building rinks in CA, AZ, TX, FL, NC, etc has been for growing the sport since I was a kid. I grew up in Texas playing roller hockey on the street on occasion, but didn't know anything about hockey except the might ducks and catching a bit of a game here and there on TV.

Now I'm walking into open skate at the rink next to purple haired 13yr old female goalies heading in for a game. I think the future for the sport and the league looks great.

Yeah it's cool, now put teams back in Houston and San Antonio, you fuckers :mad:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

it's a goddamn crime

I'm still stunned the league keeps playing loving games with a market like Houston lol

Rampage games were entertaining as hell and that short-lived Aeros/Rampage/Stars rivalry ruled, the gently caress is the NHL thinking with letting that poo poo disappear

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy poo poo that rules lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but the Calder Cup is going to game 7 on Wednesday. Coachella Valley in their first year in the league have a chance to win it on home ice. I will be at the game and I am very excited

that's awesome, hope you guys win. when the phantoms won in 2005, the crowd was insane, so a game 7 is going to be awesome no matter what