Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can't believe Pavelski's finally going to hoist the cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Poetry :kiss:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wonderllama posted:

Wrong thread but right thread to say go tampa bay lightning hockey club go

Unfortunately they playing the leafs, so good luck with the loooong break between games.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

League feels it was a fine and good hit/hockey play. Guess a good and clean hit is going to explode kaprizov's knee or whatever.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jhet posted:

Don't worry the totally fine cross checks from Suter already got him covered.

Oh I'm sure more nastiness will follow, unfortunately. Murdering pavs of all people is certainly a cool move but what's done is done. There will be blood!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pavs might never play again but it was a legal headshot 10 feet away from the puck.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love you, maf.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, this ain't the loser thread and this ain't 2022

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And something objectively wrong keeps posting.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

I personally think the vicious homophobes should not be rewarded.

I can assure you at least one NHL team will win the cup.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hasek pretty much single-handedly dragged the Sabres to the cup finals in 1999. Greatest goalie of all time, for sure. Don’t @ me.

Sure, but how does he feel about his sister in-law?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

clean ayers act posted:

just 4 more years of bob at $10 mil

Worse stat line than Fleury in these playoffs lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ottinger has a sv% of 945 over 16 playoff games.

And has a 6-6 record lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

P sure he has as many 5v5 goals than the rest of the team combined. loving rules. Go Stars!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: Wrong thread! Here's my dog:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

so uhh... does anyone know where Nichushkin is now?

You posted the exact same thing in 2019

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: ^ how about 3 3-3 ties and one glorious victory? 🌟

Eric the Mauve posted:

I've watched every game of Avs-Kraken and my impression is that other than not caring about Makar murdering McCann (but other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play???) the officiating has been very much in Seattle's favor.

That's the only series I've subjectively felt like officiating has been an issue. It's been pretty bad in Stars-Wild but not in any particular direction as far as I've seen. Well, the refs were wearing Islanders jerseys in Game 5, but that's just standard practice when the home team is down 3-1 in the series.

Stars-wild has been a master class in inconsistency. loving call nothing or call everything, just pick a lane for the series.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What about game 2?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, the leafs won. But, I got so see a fan chug a beer out of a filthy traffic cone, so a mixed bag.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hard lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

lol as soon as nobody went for it on the dump in I knew that was coming.

The 3 consecutive offsides that were ignored leading up to that may have changed things just by breaking up the play with a whistle, but this was Ullmark’s gently caress up so it doesn’t really matter.

Wrong thread, friend.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Leafs have a easy on paper road to the finals now and someone is going to figure out how to shut down the Oilers 1-2 punch. What I'm saying is the Stars in 4.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

There aren't really any teams left with coaches whose track record suggests they're definitely better than average. Maurice isn't a bad coach, just relentlessly, tirelessly mediocre. Hakstol's tactics are bad and it will all end in tears soon enough, but for right now the Kraken are playing their asses off and doing it in a cohesive way. But the whole remaining field are just Decent NHL coaches.

Cassidy's probably the best coach left overall, since he's still in the honeymoon period with Vegas.

Actually no, that's even more true of DeBoer. DeBoer is a good coach but a giant dick who wears out his welcome fast. He has a long track record of his teams playing great his first year or two there and then crumbling as he works his way down his checklist alienating every player. He has an excellent shot at this being the third team he has lost the Cup Final in his first season with.

Brind'Amour's poo poo doesn't work in the playoffs.

RAS has gone on about Gallant's shortcomings in excruciating detail. Mostly it's that he has one plan and no ability to adapt.

That still beats Sheldon Keefe, who has no plan and no ability to adapt. Let's Grind These Bitches Down boys.

Lindy Ruff is the most Generic NHL Coach coach in a league full of them.

Jay Woodcroft is the head coach of an NHL ice hockey team. The fact I can think of nothing else to say about him makes him the best coach the Oilers have had since... (checks notes)... (scratches head)... Glen Sather?

So what you're saying is... Stars in 4?

Love it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

best American player huh... you mean like of the ones remaining in playoff contention if those two teams met because Jason Robertson would already be out?

No. 2 goes to pavs. :rip:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Oilers Leafs would have German Gretzky+McGretzky vs Two guys who would like to meet Wayne Gretzky

Couple of Edmonton residents and a pair of bookies?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

No sure Pavelski is gonna add much to the series...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone should really start a thread for loser teams so the fans of those loser teams can talk about their loser teams.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Beats being pessimistic! Stars in 4, baby!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Beats another loving Jason or Sarah.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How you supposed to grow the game if you don't blackout local games? Amateur bullshit.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

There are some weird optimization artifacts that i'm not smart enough to figure out, but :shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/D9wTb9D.mp4

Amazing.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Koopa Kid posted:

We are manifesting belief in corgi prognostication, Leafs in 5

Thing took way too long to get here but feels like good luck to me! This corg picks Dallas in 6.

might have to do some hemming before game 4...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sent it to my meme group chat. One of the leafs fans was like "gently caress I'd fire the poo poo out of someone for being that lovely if I was paying them that much loving money!"

:allears:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pavs loving rules.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

deoju posted:

i can post pics of my goon hovel if you want

Do it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

Who's even the Conn Smythe favourite at this point?

Pavelski

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Angry Asian posted:

Any of the teams left winning is awesome to me...

Florida - Luongo helping out in front office
Vegas - Eichel winning a cup before McDavid, love me some Mark Stone, another cup for Phil the Thrill
Seattle - LOL HAKSTOL WINS A CUP
Carolina - Brent Burns and Ghostbear are cool, Puljujarvi escaping Edmonton to win a cup, Rod the Bod is cool i guess
Dallas - Hintz and Heiskanen rule, gently caress Suter though

What's about Diziet?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Two top five teams, plus the 8th if Dallas holds on, and last season's best team make the conference finals: this is bad and boring because their stadiums aren't in places that are cold.

No superstars left in the playoffs either! The guys who finished tied for 6th in the league with 109 points don't count.

Roope Hintz

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol Robertson +16. Maybe this round!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

loving Dallas had a successful pride night with everyone sporting the colours and are therefore the only good team left.

Go Stars!