Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

HookShot posted:

Honestly, "this person supports groups that actively murder marginalized groups, but they're okay with saving animals so it's a mixed bag" is not a great take.

Animal rescue and shelters are massively important, but equalizing that with the idea that it's equivalent to supporting groups that actively harm marginalized people is maybe something I would recommend reflecting on.

Erhh and are you still a fan of Ovechkin?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hi is there a goon-recommended youtube channel or effort post written resource that teaches basics of hockey and hockey strategy?

I must learn the ways of our sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rj7HyzoJ4c

https://www.youtube.com/@coachscornertranscribed4168

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

Remember when Brendan Shanahan tried to bring logic and consistency to suspensions and the owners got so mad about it he jumped ship to the Leafs and the league immediately went back to the “standard” we have now

I remember Shanahan being anything but consistent and logical about it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I'm amused to see Tkachuk going from being a total poo poo heel to a forum favourite.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Does hockey *need* to be more popular?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

UEFA champions league doesn't make as much money as the NHL.

Hmmm? Per game, I would think it easily surpassed it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

All I'm really getting at is that the NHL is a wildly successful league overall and pretending it's not is a weird thing hockey fans do.

Yeah, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Leicester City won the prem like 6 years ago. I don't think your point works the way you're thinking it does.

That was largely a fluke and they just got relegated.