Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The other day someone was questioning if they would rather face Seattle or Minny in the first round. I was going to post that you would much rather play Seattle, because Minnesota is low key the dirtiest team in the NHL and you'd rather somebody else deal with that poo poo than have Dumba knock Pavelski out for the playoffs with a knee to knee hit.

I guess the lesson here is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The curse of MAF is a devious thing. Because Minnesota is going to lose the next game with Gus starting 4-0.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'll tell you what I do love about NHL playoff scheduling, is when you turn in a game that's scheduled to start at 730 and find out lol, jk, it's really going to start at 815.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Well it's even better when I tune back in at 8 and find the game already 7 minutes in.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It is appropriate that Bednar is dressed for a funeral.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Shooting the puck into the stands creates a danger for the spectators, icing it does not. Hence why one is a penalty and the other only a stoppage.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

And once you cross the red line it's just dumping the puck and not icing. There's very little reason for players to intentionally put the puck out of play when they aren't in the defensive zone, so there's basically no reason to legislate it out of existence.

Them putting the netting in the first place was a huge compromise. They had to do something after that incident, but there was a lot of push back about restricted views.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Avs looked like the Avs last night

The good news is that Nichushkin isn't injured. The bad news is that he was out with undefined personal reasons and isn't in Seattle anymore.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Makar is definitely getting suspended, because he complained about not getting a call after getting brained by Jeff Carter a couple of months ago. You can't make the DOPS look bad and get away with it.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

What is the Wild fan consensus on Ryan Suter?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Aces High posted:

I wonder what the trade deadline would've looked like if management knew Landy wasn't coming back at all

The players seemed to know Landy wasn't coming back before the deadline. Even then it seemed the team position was that they were hoping for him to be back for the playoffs, so they really could have Kucherov'd him.

I honestly don't know what the gently caress the front office was thinking at the deadline, because the problems with this team were obvious in October. It boggles my mind that they did nothing to address them this season.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Extremely bad look for both Nichushkin and the team, and them trying to no comment their way out of it is really unhelpful.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

My wildly optimistic hope is that Nichushkin didn't really do anything wrong, and the Avalanche just unofficially suspended him for being an idiot.

But I know this is going to end up with him running an international prostitution ring to support Putin's war effort

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

You may call it :tinfoil: but I stand by my claim that Makar got suspended for complaining about being concussed a couple months ago, not because the hit warranted a suspension. Player safety doesn't give a poo poo about player safety.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Mr. Kite posted:

You are over-simplifying. The Kings were bad and got Doughty and Richards for it. The Oilers were bad and got RNH, Nurse, McDavid, Draisalt, Bouchard, Broberg.

Don't forget Yakupov and Puljujarvi!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I remember MacKinnon won the Lady Byng. Then he threw a helmet at someone.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I didn't really see how Siegenthaler's helmet came off live, but he made that situation 10x worse, and probably should have drawn a penalty himself by continuing to play after he became disengaged from the board battle.

As for the faceoff, that's pretty much never called a penalty if the player still has his hands on the stick.

Should have been a high stick.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

If you're keeping count, that was two (2) more goals last night prominently involving "What the hell was Darnell Nurse doing??" He is doing a dead ringer impersonation of Jack Mother loving Johnson at this point.

I think you're being a bit harsh to Jack Johnson here. He was at least trying to do vaguely hockey related things that would take him wildly out of position. I'm not really sure how to describe Nurse's "contributions."

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It kind of seems like Grubauer has pretty quickly returned to earth. Maybe he just really likes playing in Denver?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't know, I find these splits pretty funny.

In Seattle: .892 Sv%, 3.34 GAA
In Dallas: .889, 3.72
In Denver: .949, 1.76

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think at this point Bettman is just desperately hoping for a Heat-Nuggets NBA final so the NHL can at least get some airtime on the radio and talking heads shows.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The gently caress are loser points?

OT and Shootout losses. You still get 1 point for them. I'd go the opposite direction myself, and give 3 pts for regulation wins.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Regular season overtime used to be a giant waste of everyone's time. Everyone played for a tie unless you happened to miraculously get a power play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

tarbrush posted:

I think the key difference is the panic draft picks that Vegas managed to extort and the Kraken, through no fault of their own, couldn't.

Philly paid Arizona to take Gostisbehere they day after the draft.