Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hirez posted:

who are the old men looking to win a cup finally, I saw Pavelski up there,

and my favorite player of all time could technically win one as whatever the gently caress Jason Spezza does for the leafs writing in that notebook (loving nerd!) but lol leafs thats not happening.

e: 11 players hitting 100+ points is pretty good.

The ones without a Cup and on teams in the playoffs?

Pavelski, Giordano, Burns, Suter and Parise

Might be more guys but those are the ones that I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Wheeler is also an unfathomably huge rear end in a top hat so... Burns or Pavelski I guess? Are they cool outside the rink?

Burns is a massive police/military night supporter. But he also rescues animals and supports shelters. So mixed bag.

Pavelski I dont know anything about other than his team mates have never once had a bad thing to say about him. Probably just a genuinely nice dude like Luongo.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

has anyone in the league office ever said why they don’t ever drop the puck at the scheduled game time. why is it always 10-20 minutes late!

Gotta respect the troops/cops/anthems/Imagine Dragons before the game.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mr. Kite posted:

The Leafs and Lightning both wearing blue and white confuses me. For that reason, the Leafs should change their colors and uniform.

Only if the Kings go back to the gold and purple crown royal uniform.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Realizing that I am incapable of caring about all of Toronto’s drama this year has been essential to my playoffs hockey watching this year.

What have you done with the real Wonderllama? :ohdear:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oilers being whiny entitled baby villains was not the storyline I was expecting to come out of these playoffs.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Powershift posted:

It's pretty rad that even on a saturday when they could book a game at noon that east coasters would have to stay up until midnight to see the best player in the world.

No one outside Edmonton cares about McDavid or the Oilers and the NHL knows this.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Powershift posted:

I was talking about Leon Draisaitl.

Is that a Xenoblade character?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Holy poo poo how long have you been sitting on this? :lmao:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

He will post a 40 save shutout of the Rags and guarantee his spot on the team for the next 5 years.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Solution is to eliminate both Vegas and Edmonton from the playoffs and make the Stars and Kraken play 7 more games to decide the winner of the west.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Draisaitl seems like he talks trash a lot too. Not surprised someone would try to whack him.

He's not a pure hockey robot like McDavid.

He is a modern day Messier. Lots of little elbow jabs and nut shots in the corners.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Those pings, man the hockey gods were not there for us tonight that’s for sure.

The hockey gods have been with the Panthers since game 1 of the first round propping up Bobrovsky like in that movie Angels in the Outfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Any player that spends time on LTIR should have their cap hit doubled the following season if they played in the playoffs.