Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

many of my closest compatriots have told me that the Leafs have what it takes to Win the Big One. I, for one, will wait until they go up 1-0 in game 1 to declare them heirs to the throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Feel like getting out played is the only way to win. Leafs in 6. Next round Leafs in 5. Honking my horn in my parking garage knowing I'm already too brain damaged to be troubled by the fumes. let's go.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Waking up and walking down the avenues with a pep in my step because YOUR Toronto Maple Leafs are Stanley Cup champions. Move over Jon Bon Jovi , there's a new banner in town.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/michellemackey/status/1652738780229521408?t=TrY1QD7EhR3J4-BBhsQwxQ&s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Something weirdly comforting about turning on the radio and hearing the mouth breathers complain about body language and attitude. Weirder is that i end up agreeing with them even though i know it's insane.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

glynnenstein posted:

I don't think it's entirely insane. Pros are human too and the mental game and achieving next-level focus really matters; however, looking in from the outside it's next to impossible to know much about that aspect of things whatever body language you're seeing. I do suspect it's a contributing factor for the Leafs just like I think it was part of the issue with the great, young Caps teams of recent history, but it's very hard to be sure and even harder to say if it matters as much as just flat out luck, injury and puck-wise.

With my experience as a Caps fan I think if your team is playing great hockey for 6 months then you better be pretty loving careful making any tweaks. Being real good at hockey puts you in the best position to deal with bad luck, capitalize on good luck of your own, and that probably makes the mental game easier. The only change for the Leafs I'm absolutely sure about is they have got to trade Marner for Wilson 1-for-1.

Yeah I think they are arriving at the right conclusion regardless of the logic. But you don't need to look at guys on the bench to realize they aren't focussed when they let a guy skate right by them to give up an easy goal. Im all for blaming the stars for not delivering when it counts but it would be nice if the D didn't completely forget the fundamentals of their job.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Powershift posted:

I want the league to go broke, who do I cheer for?

Gary Bettman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I want to blame the refs because they were terrible and Big Bob played great but having 3 of your 4 top players play like poo poo and well bellow their averages is not ideal.