Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Once again the Panthers hopes are kinda relying on a 2nd goalie lacking experience and a Defense they just refuse to invest any real money in (and Ekblad’s performance has fallen off a cliff).

But on the upside, we’re celebrating just making the drat playoffs this year and I just hope they take some underdog spirit to make it a fun series, maybe win a game or two, and just irritate the living gently caress out of the Bruins and give ‘em a little scare before inevitably bowing out.

Please fix the D this off-season (they will do no such thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shinjobi posted:

Going to the Stars/Wild game tonight. I might cry and yell a cuss or fifty.

Cutting my vacation short to be in Sunrise to be at the game many say will be knocking my Panthers out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

N: Bruins hosed about
V: Bruins found out

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1649473120804192262

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ThinkTank posted:

Boy did that sweep by Tampa absolutely destroy the Panthers.

Eh look at the team lineup compared to last year. We’re frankly shocked we made it in this year and all our hopes were already set for next year.

Fun game for a loss, got to see the Tkachuk/Ullmark stuff at that end live so hey. Felt like we got referee’d a chunk at the beginning that killed the momentum, but it’s Luxmore and *checks notes* oh no it does turn out he’s a notorious rear end in a top hat.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Dirty Burger posted:

Genuinely curious, what makes them a better team next season besides no Staals

I mean that’s a pretty good start. Hornqvists contract is also up, hopefully Zito can find a few players that haven’t worked for other teams in the past but fit our system well.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The people crave fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Marklar posted:

Weird they don't want to sellout

Only some of the 300s aren't pre-bought out for the entire playoff run, so shouldn't be an issue for that. Geo-locations are usually turned on to stop out of towners scalping tickets, and if you were down here last weekend with the amount of Boston fans who flew down/already live here due to the mass migration, it barely feels like a home game when 1/3 of the people in the stands are cheering for the road team. Zero issue with this policy, at least we let away fans wear their jerseys.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, drag shows aren't punishable by death up here so I think we're doing a whole lot better comparatively.

Panthers county is one of the few bastions of sanity in the state luckily. I’m sure more idiots in F150s are flooding the border to change that though, sigh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Things are pointing to Lyon being in net tonight. He has a 1-0-1 record against the Leafs in regular, so he’s been there before at least. Should be a fun game.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Koopa Kid posted:

What bothers me more than the discipline (which was predictable and as horribly consistent as it ever is) is the absolute listless response from the Leafs. Florida came out targeting a kid 10 games out of college, tactically sensible because he struggles with contact and has a tendency to hang on to the puck and look at his feet, they knock him out and his teammates look at their shoes. Don’t make FLA pay on the scoreboard, don’t stick up for him physically. The Leafs came out of intermission knowing he was done and their reaction was to lose the game in two minutes. Just gutless stuff.

What’s it called when a coach does a suicide pass, but does it to a player for an entire playoff series? Because that’s pretty much what happened here. Kid does not have the experience to go up against an aggressive team like us this fresh out of college in the post season. Feels like an inevitability, and I’m gonna guess it wouldn’t have happened to that degree following the tangle up to most of your roster.

Hope the kid is feeling better soon, a rough way to start your career.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know this kind of playoff depth is unheard of for the Leafs, but it’s not exactly uncommon for the game to be played that way at this stage. Until the refs and DOPS do their jobs, that’s how it is and the teams and staff all know this. Leafs fans are mad because it happened to a guy in a blue jersey, and wouldn’t give a gently caress if it was this other way around.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Koopa Kid posted:

I posted immediately after Bunting hit Cernak that I’d be fine if he didn’t play for the Leafs again in the playoffs, but if you want to talk to strawmen Twitter is available.

I mean, it’s not a straw man when those Twitter Leafs fans are exactly who I’m talking about. Obviously for the most part people posting in here (ie you) are more level headed than that, but as you’re aware there is a huge contingent of very mad homers out there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The clips online show the Panthers fans chanting ‘We Want Florida’ at the end of the game, but truth be told it was getting chanted after the first cats goal. Place was just oozing confidence tonight.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Koopa Kid posted:

While I can I also want to say the Panthers have no fans lmao

Always love to see tweets of people taking photos and videos before the game has started to say LoOk No FaNs. More tickets were sold tonight than there were for Toronto game 2, but maybe one day the Leafs will catch up and join the big boys.

Seemed pretty full from where I was sitting last week at least.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

Hope you have a local billing address.

Kinda fun that both teams did a 24 hour local hold for this round, now maybe nobody will whine about it for the next one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This dog is pro-Cats

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

clean ayers act posted:

the athletic had a general "panthers from awful franchise to competent again piece" which had some funny bits but this took the cake:

Ha I’m gonna have to check my seat on Monday. I’m sure I’ve seen names on some, but not all, and not picked up on them being the same.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Panthers lost a ton of games at the beginning of the year that they “deserved to win”, so decided to say gently caress the stats and changed it so they actually won rather than being good on paper.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chad Sexington posted:

The Panthers don't even really play in a city. Sunrise is suburban wasteland that is closer to Boca Raton than Miami, the only real city down there. Not a real sports city, mind, but a real city.

Erasing Fort Lauderdale from the map, rude. (They’re very much a Broward team and not a Miami one too, Miami is all caught up in the heat and generally doesn’t care. All the proper watch parties are Fort Lauderdale etc.)

Also I totally forgot we planned to park at the mall tonight and grab a bite to eat, and bought a parking pass by mistake. At least I get it cheaper but still. Also $50 sucks but Heat parking is $100-150 but at least that’s downtown and FLA Live is just being pricks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Brain Curry posted:

Enjoy the game! I feel like the Canes are going to win at least one down here but I’m hoping to be wrong.

I wonder how bad it is to rideshare out of there. Would be $10 for us to head over right now. Even with surge pricing it may be cheaper than parking

Cracking evening, hope yours is even better on Wednesday!

Traffic tonight wasn’t awful, we got there around 620 or so and I was shocked how easy it was. The weekend game against the Leafs was an absolute nightmare in comparison. Leafs fans were literally stopping their cars in the middle of what is essentially the highway exit and just getting out and walking to the arena. Absolute idiots, and given our infamous world class drivers down here I’m shocked nobody was killed.

Getting out is definitely slow business tho, there are people claiming to be Ubers hanging around the lot but I’d be super suss about them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

OldSenileGuy posted:

I’m close to being here, except I really don’t want to root for a team whose victory will make Ron DeSantis happy. Plus I don’t want to root for the Staal “no homo” brothers.

On the other hand, I’m definitely caught up in the Matt Tkachuk hype, I’ve always liked Duclair, Bob is cool and it’s good to see him bounce back, and everyone loves a good underdog story…

Broward is the one of the few bastions of blue hope in this god forsaken State, and we think Ron can bite us on our rats rear end.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It would’ve been nice if at least in the metro areas for the teams participating, they could’ve hashed out some agreements to simulcast on My33 or similar stations. The ESPN coverage isn’t good, but having it on ABC at least was a positive.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

O/U on amount of games it takes Sam Bennett to reverse that surgery.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Brain Curry posted:

Tix are $10 (edit: benefiting their charity), parking is free, and food and beverages are discounted but it doesn’t say how much.

Yeah we’ve been wondering the same about the food/drink costs. During the season I tend to get the big cans of Juice Force, they’re $14 with season ticket discount but like 20 oz and 9.5% so feels like the best value somehow.

Total Wine selling them for $6 for 6z 12oz so they’re coming with me in the cooler next week.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When I see Tkachuk’s performance in these playoffs, I think to myself ‘yep, that’s a guy playing 1.5 below projection alright’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I used to work as an analyst, and after years of seeing these number charts being posted all over the place I’ve come to the conclusion that they’re just pretty charts that don’t really tell you anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pungry posted:

Sure, but this series is going to kick rear end. That was 54 minutes of intensely close hockey followed by like 5 minutes of fighting. Let's see 7 with the Panthers winning 4!

Yeah it was an exciting game throughout, proves both teams deserve to be there. Looking forward to Monday, the rust should be off and it would be nice to get a road win before coming home.

Those pings, man the hockey gods were not there for us tonight that’s for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pungry posted:

Panthers as a franchise are now 0-6 in Stanley Cup Finals games. Hope Eichel is okay, and really hope the last few games are at least close. This series has been fun for the 60~ minutes or so it's been close.

I had to laugh when he was all fine to start the 3rd period after all the penalties and screams that he’d been murdered by Chucky.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If Pitbull shows up tomorrow, it’s on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They could also just call some of the things the Knights are doing too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No doubt we’re committing more, doesn’t mean the Knights haven’t gotten away with some absolute howlers. Not saying games we lost were winnable through penalties (they weren’t) but that trip end of third compared to cheap shots in front of the refs the other way is kinda lame. Calling retaliations after missed calls over and over again, and they wonder why they lose control of the game.

Hell even commentary were talking about how the Knights should immediately just smash Tkachuk once he came back onto the ice after probably barely passing a concussion test, didn’t hear anything remotely like that saying we should test Eichel in period 3 the previous game after their horror that he might never play again, just to return after a short break.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh I enjoy and own the dirt, we learned from the last few playoff runs that being submissive ain’t the way, and hell that first round series against the Bolts the other year was just both teams going for it and was easily *the* series that year. Great for everyone (except the outcome for us, ha) and built up the rivalry between us that wasn’t quite there yeah.

But everyone acts like VGK are this all skill no dirt team while watching their goalie throw punches multiple times, and it’s just lol. I mean our PP stinks anyway so we don’t really want penalties called to tell the truth. Panthers have two very different modes, when we’re in sync it’s just beautiful to watch the passing but when they’re flustered it completely falls apart. Hoping for more of the former tonight, everything coming together and Tkachuk playing close to a full game and giving us an actual chance. Obviously need G3 Bob to turn up too.

Too hot to party outside the arena so biding my time before going in, lol at the $100 parking fee gently caress that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

QuasiQuack posted:

Gee I wonder why Hill is throwing those punches. There cannot be any good reason why.

Yeah he should probably tell his guys not to push people into his goal if he doesn’t want to get a shove when they get back out ;)

And hey if we can get a goalie fight out of all this I’ll be all up for that, so keep at it!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s like 4 Vegas fans at the game tonight and one of them managed to get arrested. Incredible.

https://twitter.com/david954fla/status/1667731804000796673?s=46&t=c0gactqXNUS6mwc1ykXaXQ

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

The 'k/night' call during the anthem was pretty loud so probably not.

We shout Knight for Spencer Knight, it’s not road fans ;)

And the trash throwing people suck and I hope they all get banned. Obviously didn’t see how that worked out for Dallas, embarrassing for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aye Doc posted:

watching one of the shitheads on your team do something like this, after having been posting winky faces about how maybe vegas shouldn't shove the other team into their net,
is an extremely funny turd-brained type of situation to see unfold here on these great forums

Yeah that owned sorry bud

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Weirdly, Ekblad has played better with the broken foot than he did in the regular season. I say we keep it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chad Sexington posted:

Good thing players will never do another Olympics.

I named my cat after TJ Oshie after that game.

I like to think the cat already had a name for many years and it just changed after that night.