Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

What's something you've learned for the first time?

gently caress the expectations of anyone that isn't yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

gently caress the expectations of anyone that isn't yourself

Yeah I remember being 16 too

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was getting depressed so I quickly took my scooter to the lake and went for a short night walk. Just about 2 miles. Something to throw a wrench in the gears.

It's under 50F so I threw my favorite Merino wool hat in the carrier but when I got to the lake I couldn't find it. I lost my hat. :( Luckily I have another one that I bought when I thought I lost it before but I don't like the color as much.

Still depressed. Oh well.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was getting depressed so I quickly took my scooter to the lake and went for a short night walk. Just about 2 miles. Something to throw a wrench in the gears.

It's under 50F so I threw my favorite Merino wool hat in the carrier but when I got to the lake I couldn't find it. I lost my hat. :( Luckily I have another one that I bought when I thought I lost it before but I don't like the color as much.

Still depressed. Oh well.

You should start a new show!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

Yeah I remember being 16 too

meeting expectations i was able to set for myself regarding professional and personal happiness through my own actions and choices is preferable, to me, at 16 or 69, to attempting to meet expectations set by others, which are expectations often set to serve the happiness of the person placing them, not the person they are placed upon, hth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I generally don't like TV series. I can't stand watching a 12 hour long movie with 11 cliffhangers.

I always have the TV on in the background though. Right now is Uncharted with Gordon Ramsey. He's in New Zealand Tasmania now. Norway is next.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I generally don't like TV series. I can't stand watching a 12 hour long movie with 11 cliffhangers.

I always have the TV on in the background though. Right now is Uncharted with Gordon Ramsey. He's in New Zealand now.

u watch baseball op

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chief McHeath posted:

u watch baseball op

I very much do not like baseball. It's right above golf in terms of excitement.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I very much do not like baseball. It's right above golf in terms of excitement.

It's not about the excitement (mostly), it's about the long term background story!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

baseball is a thinking mans game

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Baseball sucks rear end to watch

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

satanic splash-back posted:

Baseball sucks rear end to watch

gotta go w/ someone and hang out and chat. thats what baseball's about

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

High stakes playoff baseball is some of the most dramatic moments sport can produce.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

gotta go w/ someone and hang out and chat. thats what baseball's about

Just grilling and listening to the game....

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yeah i freakin love puttin the game on the radio and doin yard work or grillin or whatever. chill times my friends

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

mlb.tv lets you pick either teams radio broadcast while you watch

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
baseball is great background filler with stats and eventually a race

Chief McHeath posted:

that's awesome

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

I've signed up for NBA League Pass over the last few months and I legit love it. You can pick the local TV or radio broadcast you want.
And they don't show ANY of the local talking head stuff, so, instead, half time is entirely that lady on a giant unicycle balancing bowls on her head.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Had Xtreme Pogo Stick Virgins at the warriors half time.

I felt bad for them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Since the Saudis are making their mark on golf now maybe they can have beheadings instead of sand traps or something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I felt bad for them.

A harsh gig

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

SIDS Vicious posted:

that time i posted a thread on something awful to see if anyone had any funny stories i could illustrate and someone posted their own illustration so i said i should draw this for my stories im trying to collect and draw

omg :glomp:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

bird with big dick posted:

I felt bad for them.

I've never had that kind of Pogo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Since the Saudis are making their mark on golf now maybe they can have beheadings instead of sand traps or something.

):

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the first time i ever did ketamine i went to use the bathroom at my friends and felt like i was stuck in a tactical rpg and could only move a few squares of tile at a time and it took me like twenty minutes to get out of the bathroom and all my friends were like holy poo poo are you okay

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
lol

what was your first tactical RPG?

mine was shining force 2

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

lol

mine was shining force 2

WW2

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i think it was final fantasy tactics

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Literally A Person posted:

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

that game is worth bread these days OP, hope you kept the instructions

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the new fallout show sucks

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

but i guess im not surprised. i played like 120.hrs of fallout 4 and hated it. im just a glutton for this trash

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I’m farting out of my butt

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

It was okay, it was just waaay to loving long and slow. I felt like the ending was pretty fallout like

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

kntfkr posted:

lol

mine was shining force 2

For me it was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I didn't like the approach to the isekai plot tbh. Marche was a prick but I was jealous of his androgynous looks as a kid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kntfkr posted:

mine was shining force 2

ya mine too

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Just now realizing that I've never played a tactical RPG. Wasn't even fully aware that they were a thing.

All about Xtreme Pogo Virginity tho.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i watched the first 2 episodes, seems fun enough for me op. ive only played like a few hrs total of fallout games though

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i watched the first 2 episodes, seems fun enough for me op. ive only played like a few hrs total of fallout games though

the most enjoyment to be gained from this show is people who have played very little or none of the games, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i wish they wouldn't do the lame music sting every time Walton goggins