Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol i just watched ep 5 of fallout and i hate bethesda or whoever decided the ncr got nuked and is gone now or some poo poo and the wasteland is gonna keep wastelanding for the foreseeable future

such lazy loving writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i like fo2 better but i can see the merit to the arguments that 1 is better

I was 12 when I played Fallout the first time and something about the way it's structured with secret timers and consequences, especially if you decide to deal with the water merchants, just hooked me into the setting and story. There was urgency when it happened the first time, and then every playthrough you did was immediately hit with that sense of urgency.

I love 2 and NV, but I really enjoy the way they used the Master as a foe and a gameplay mechanic.

I'm on episode 3 and I enjoy Goggins and I can turn my brain off for it and have fun, but it's extremely Bethesda's Fallout, not the one I like.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lol i just watched ep 5 of fallout and i hate bethesda or whoever decided the ncr got nuked and is gone now or some poo poo and the wasteland is gonna keep wastelanding for the foreseeable future

such lazy loving writing

It gets even dumber in the last episode when they completely retcon the backstory from the first 2 games

It was an alright show but it's definitely a show about the Bethesda fallout and not the original fallout

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

deep dish peat moss posted:

It gets even dumber in the last episode when they completely retcon the backstory from the first 2 games

It was an alright show but it's definitely a show about the Bethesda fallout and not the original fallout

How do they do that? With the flashback to the Vault-Tec stuff? That was the big reveal at the end of Fallout 2, how every vault is an experiment.

Which is specifically the reason why I think Fallout 2 ruins the Fallout franchise. Fallout 1's vaults' failures and consequences mostly had to do with how cocky and confident the super fragile utopia they were trying to live in was. In Fallout 1, Vault-Tec was a dumb company run by dummies whose ignorance and pride caused a lot of problems -- you can find specifically how Vault 13 had this brand new water technology (which broke) and how Vault 15 had some new fancy structural technology (which failed) and the Bakersfield Vault had some fancy new seal that would keep that was especially clean from radiation (but the vault door wouldn't close all the way, leading to The Necropolis and -- maybe where most of the ghouls came from?) Fallout 2 makes them out to be a ridiculous villain with a ridiculous motivation, where instead of Vaults malfunctioning and breaking down by lovely technology and regulations, they were intentionally sabotaged to produce uhhh... survivors?.

The Fallout show actually really adheres to Fallout 1 and 2 (and New Vegas)'s story by not featuring any super mutants. By the time Fallout (the show) takes place, all the supermutants should have died off.

credburn fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 17, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m back from Rochester NY where they hate ol’ 🅱️o🅱️🅱️lehead 🅱️iden and they’re still mad about Bud Light.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

such lazy loving writing

Lmao bethesda always does this poo poo with the games from the past people love.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

credburn posted:

How do they do that? With the flashback to the Vault-Tec stuff? That was the big reveal at the end of Fallout 2, how every vault is an experiment.

that was canon right from the very beginning of the conception of the games

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bethesda games are weird. They're obviously dog poo poo boring glitchy garbage but you don't realize it until you're 60 hours in

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Starfield show when

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I binged almost the whole the whole Fallout show while our family has had the poo poo your pants flu these last couple days and despite having played nearly every fallout except the MMO one I don't remember or care about any of the nerd lore poo poo and I thought it was decent

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

theres also way too much disney marvel clever quippy style dialogue which is really annoying. but whatever, everyone is aping that poo poo these days. it almost fits the weird chipper attitude of vault dwellers anyway. its just weird af when BoS monastic order types are doing it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How's the Halo video game show. Pretty top notch like the games I assume?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Smugworth posted:

I enjoy it and the end of season 2 is really dope but most people don't like it because ~ it's not true to the games ~

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I enjoy it and the end of season 2 is really dope but most people don't like it because ~ it's not true to the games ~

This is why I can never end the forum war on Games, gamers ruin everything

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Omg your av

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Video games (perjorative)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It was a gift

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

It was a gift

yeah sure uh huh

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I cannot abide a Chief that has sex with his helmet off

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
AI breakthroughs have made AI-generated music a super neat thing, and an overwhelming amount of goons use it to make songs specifically about making GBS threads their pants. Which is a topic goons loving love. Goons love making GBS threads themselves. Honestly if there's one thing I could change about these forums, it would be to make goons not love their feces and farts so loving much.

I'm turning 40 in less than a month and I still haven't poo poo myself since I was a toddler. Not a single time. I don't even consider it an accomplishment but god drat, maybe it is, reading the threads on these forums.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Literally A Person posted:

yeah sure uh huh

dont worry LAP, I'm gonna post in SAD about it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bagmonkey posted:

dont worry LAP, I'm gonna post in SAD about it

finally, the hero that we need

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
absolutely infuriated smugworth joined the slur crew

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bagmonkey posted:

He said the real bad one yesterday. I heard it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

hes done an about face again. he loves to switch up his gimmick every few motnhs

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hes done an about face again. he loves to switch up his gimmick every few motnhs

are we sure smugowrth isn't just BBC

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
smugworth, how are the holes in swiss cheese made

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
if he says he'll loving kill me we have our answer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

smugworth, how are the holes in swiss cheese made

The fermentation process of the cheese causes small naturally formed pockets of cheese gas inside

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i'm pretty sure the holes in swiss cheese actually form around tiny specks of cow doots

some scientists studied it and said so

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
they use a machine to punch the holes you idiots!!! have you learned nothing!!!!!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

bagmonkey posted:

they use a machine to punch the holes you idiots!!! have you learned nothing!!!!!!

doots

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smugworth posted:

The show is so god drat boring, don't do it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Called in sick to day. Then they sent me a bunch of emails of special assignments and I was like " Lol im not even there".

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Called in sick to day. Then they sent me a bunch of emails of special assignments and I was like " Lol im not even there".

Just take a look at them so you're ready to pick them up tomorrow

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

geezer payday today. my booze and drugs fund is replenished :unsmith:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Smugworth posted:

No I checked my email to make sure they had put in that I was off and ignored all the desperate pleas for help with work.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

my favourite part about working in food manufacturing equipment is being able to shock people with revelations about the food they love

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Smugworth posted:

it’s what the shareholders would want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

my favourite part about working in food manufacturing equipment is being able to shock people with revelations about the food they love

I want to hear how the Jimmy Dean sausage is made