Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chili on rice is like a staple at my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Who doesn't know "Rice and Beans"???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

chili on rice > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > chili on spaghetti with oyster crackers

green chile stew on a breakfast burrito kills all of them immediately tho

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

Wild.

Do you eat rice regularly?

Yeah I love rice it just sounds like it would be bizarre combined with chili. I've only ever done chili on noodles. Eating chili without noodles sounds strange to me too outside of using it as a dip or a topping like chili fries or chili dogs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yeah I love rice it just sounds like it would be bizarre combined with chili. I've only ever done chili on noodles. Eating chili without noodles sounds strange to me too outside of using it as a dip or a topping like chili fries or chili dogs.

I mean it's ultimately ground beef, beans and rice. or the white people version of mapo tofu and rice i suppose.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Do you combine the noodles like aards picture? How do you reheat that with our the noodles getting gummy

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

No I cook the noodles separately and then you just put the spaghet' in a bowl and ladle some chili over on top of it.

I usually eat all the chili when I make it, and reduce it while cooking to make it thick. I avoid leftovers when I can no matter what I'm making.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Well, unless I'm meal prepping but I don't know if that counts as leftovers. And I don't meal prep anything with meat anyway.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I do almost all my cooking as meal prep since I'm lazy but need to save money so no more takeout or convenience foods RIP

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I honestly can only meal prep for like 3 to 4 days then I just get tired of eating the same poo poo. I'm meal prepping tommorow with jambalaya. I'll eat it 4 days probably til Wed then just be done.

I'll be posting a pic of my jambalaya.

Andouille , Chicken, SHRIMP

Hell yea.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'll meal prep different things so I can alternate at least

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I've taken to prounouncing vegetables as Vegeta-bowls

i call em vegeta-BOWELS because veggies are rear end

you gotta have em though, and they can be prepared so as to be “less rear end” but that is still rear end

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Weak rear end lame bowl

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Complaining about vegetables is a child's thing

Complaining about how much vegetables cost is an adult thing

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I would still do disgusting things for a Klondike bar at the end of the night

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

check out this weird vegetable it looks like a rabbit butt

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

TrashMammal posted:

So did you buy this potato or what?

Whats the story?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

Like some jumped up potato

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
German skillet almost done!

I added a poo poo ton of paprika and perhaps too much chili powder. It's very spicy. But I like when it has a reddish tint for some reason.

I had breakfast with my mom today and got the Irish skillet. :haw:

edit: it's good! And as tradition, I made way too much.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 28, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What kind of oil are you using?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

What kind of oil are you using?

Just olive oil. I also added a bunch of mustard to it for the first time. I probably shouldn't have because it go kind of gooey/sticky. However, this meal is not for looks or presentation for guests. This is cheap German American stuff.

I also walked 4.04 miles today! I was getting hungry but didn't want to make food just then so I went walking and didn't stop for over an hour. I walked down to the lake from my house, then to the beginning of downtown, and then back. It was beautiful out today finally. 45F yesterday and 80F today.

I want to get addicted to walking. I won't, but it'd be nice.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Get some good wireless earbuds and some nic ewalking shoes and it's easy to get addicted to walking :)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

living in the future ya’ll

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

So did you buy this potato or what?

Whats the story?

i did not buy the weird yam

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just olive oil. I also added a bunch of mustard to it for the first time. I probably shouldn't have because it go kind of gooey/sticky. However, this meal is not for looks or presentation for guests. This is cheap German American stuff.

I also walked 4.04 miles today! I was getting hungry but didn't want to make food just then so I went walking and didn't stop for over an hour. I walked down to the lake from my house, then to the beginning of downtown, and then back. It was beautiful out today finally. 45F yesterday and 80F today.

I want to get addicted to walking. I won't, but it'd be nice.

I have these trails on my own property and I maintain them, and it's fair to say I get addicted to walking them like 9 months of the year. I created a whole new trail loop last year and so of course there is tons of work to do on that trail, I love it. I see where the next trail will connect as well....

I hope you find some trails!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Finished Shogun, really enjoyed it

on to Fargo season 5

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

on to Fargo season 5

This was also very good imo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I found the old well from like 1820 or so. Their old rock walls, in the middle of a giant forest.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

I found the old well from like 1820 or so. Their old rock walls, in the middle of a giant forest.

You are def a Stephen King character

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

You are def a Stephen King character

More than you know

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

redshirt posted:

lol apparently, have you heard about this? read about this? apparently the oldest person in the world is 122.

122, wow, think of it, when you were 72 years old you still have 50 more years to perfect your old personage. Wow.

Within 20 or 30 years they'll perfect cellular rejuvenation treatments that will allow people to live to ~1000 plus.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Within 20 or 30 years they'll perfect cellular rejuvenation treatments that will allow people to live to ~1000 plus.

Imagine shitposting for 800 years

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have a big crush on a Manic Pixie Dreamgirl i met recemntly and it's loving up my whole weekend

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a big crush on a Manic Pixie Dreamgirl i met recemntly and it's loving up my whole weekend

Please sketch Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

shitposter: the masquerade

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

redshirt posted:

If my consciousness could be uploaded into some lovely web 1.0 forum I would consider it to be heaven

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

shitposter: the masquerade

Too fancy for me, thank you.

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you
huh, the forum still exists

archaeo fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 28, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003