Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bradzilla posted:

You have a good state to your west. Flee that shithole lol

I think that place is colder. I absolutely hate the cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

Where did you read that in my post?

Sorry, I am jumping right to the "All human culture is alcohol culture thesis"

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
my cottage is alcohol free m'lord

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

You have a good state to your west. Flee that shithole lol

:haibrower:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You guys want another insight on how hardcore alcohol is ingrained in Wisconsin culture?

Here's a federal employee using an Old Fashioned to explain the difference between an NWS watch and warning.

The odds are heavily stacked against me.

So i never really considered myself an alcoholic. I never felt any withdrawal and typically only drink 3 days a week typically but it's usually a good amount. Like 8 drinks. I never felt the need to drink, and it was easy to stop short term. I'm also able to set a limit and stop drinking when I've reached it. 8 drinks was just 20 years of tolerance build up I think. I haven't blocked out in a long time.

My anxiety has flared up due to work poo poo the last few months and I started reading about alcohol and how it can cause anxiety. Seemed like it was pretty short term typically though and part of the withdrawal process.

I started drinking when I was 21 in college, started having panic attacks, end of junior year and I've had them since then so like 20 years now.

Tried every SSRI known to man for anxiety. All they ever did was make me feel numb or make me fat(er)

I thought maybe it's the alcohol that's causing the anxiety, so I stopped.

I made it about 5 days before I was such a nervous wreck I contacted my doctor and let them know it was through the roof.

They told me to just take my Xanax and try an SSRI again I hadn't taken in over a year.

I thought this must be withdrawal, but by day 12, I was a mess of a human that couldn't function anymore. I was taking 2 to 3 mg twice a day and just holding on, waking up after 5 hours of sleep in a panic and not sblr to go bsck to bed.

So I said gently caress it and had 3 drinks after work the next day.

Anxiety went away.

I want so badly to stop drinking. Benzos are not the loving answer and I'm more scared of getting addicted to those than alcohol.

I finally enrolled in a new therapy place and my doctor specializes in anxiety as well as substance abuse.

I'm really hoping it helps and I'm glad I'm lucky enough to find someone who takes my insurance and isn't just going to ask me how my days was and 45 minutes later tell me to come back later. My understanding is she will actually help me find coping mechanisms and maybe she can explain why I don't get physical withdrawal from alcohol but maintain being anxious 12 days after sobriety.

Good on you Pennywise. I saw your post about stopping drinking and finally decided to try it and it turned out to be a poo poo show but now maybe I can find out what's going on with some professional help.

I'm rooting for you bub.

Anyway I would like a 6 piece spicy nuggets and a small frosty.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 16, 2024

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
haven't had a drink in a week, or a smoke (due to having the flu) and i'm thinking i'll just keep riding this with a little inspiration from pennywise

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Beer Gay So What posted:

get ones with comically big ice cubes

Sadly just was limited it to draft beers, wine, or soda. Got two drafts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wendigee posted:

Anyway I would like a 6 piece spicy nuggets and a small frosty.

Good luck friend.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The only thing I miss about working at Wendy's is free frosties

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

satanic splash-back posted:

The only thing I miss about working at Wendy's is free frosties

a cold frosty on a hot humid summer day...

seems like wendy's frosty machines don't break like the mcdonalds ice cream machines

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I haven't had fast food in like 25 years, but I remember Wendys. French Fries in a Frosty. A Chili.

Also Arbys.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I hear ya man. I had to stop drinking for 90 days 2 (3?) years ago during ECT. At the end of it I was more anxious and depressed than I'd been in years. I immediately went back to drinking and I was feeling much better for a bit before the inevitable consequences of long term drinking set back in again.

I hope you can figure this out. It really sucks.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

Good luck friend.
I feel bad posting long poo poo like that in the thread but penny made me want to do it so blame him for his honesty while I thank him for it :mildpanic:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I definitely tell everyone here WAY too much about myself.

Sorry about that.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I hear ya man. I had to stop drinking for 90 days 2 (3?) years ago during ECT. At the end of it I was more anxious and depressed than I'd been in years. I immediately went back to drinking and I was feeling much better for a bit before the inevitable consequences of long term drinking set back in again.

I hope you can figure this out. It really sucks.

:buddy: thanks man I hope you continue doing well. Inspiring isn't the right word, but it's made me start to think about what the gently caress I'm doing so thank you. I'll drop it now. Back to poo poo posting!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I definitely tell everyone here WAY too much about myself.

Sorry about that.

Nah don't be, you got me rethinking things so. Your helping another goon and we don't have to go into the cesspool of e/n

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Loving this vibe. :)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

In other news our local airforce base is moving the aircraft out to other areas.

There's a chance of huge tornados and an absolutely giant thunderstorm.

A few years ago a tornado touched down about 25 miles west of the Air Force base which had b-2 bombers loaded with live nuclear warheads and I guess they don't want to chance that again lol.

The chance is small but the storm is massive and is going to sweep through multiple states. The airforce base is right there in the middle.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ive been lying in bed all day unleashing heinous rear end and when I finally got up and threw off the covers a massive stink cloud engulfed me

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
"you reap what you sow"

very cottagecore advice

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

"you reap what you sow"

very cottagecore advice

Please summarize "Cottagecore"

Also, is there "Cabincore"?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

Please summarize "Cottagecore"

Also, is there "Cabincore"?

they're really very similar yes

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
redhsirt you should make a vision board of your cabincore/cottagecore dream builds

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

redhsirt you should make a vision board of your cabincore/cottagecore dream builds

I don't understand what either means

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Yall don't deserve this

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that time i posted a thread on something awful to see if anyone had any funny stories i could illustrate and someone posted their own illustration so i said i should draw this for my stories im trying to collect and draw

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

I don't understand what either means

No one does lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This is a really good painting Sid you're doing well!

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!
I think my new job was a bad choice. I'm giving them 30 days to unfuck themselves

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

SIDS Vicious posted:

that time i posted a thread on something awful to see if anyone had any funny stories i could illustrate and someone posted their own illustration so i said i should draw this for my stories im trying to collect and draw

thats a nice drawing sid i like it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wendigee posted:

This is a really good painting Sid you're doing well!

thanks im trying to get ~25 or 30 of these to make a little book called We All Got Stories

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SIDS Vicious posted:

thanks im trying to get ~25 or 30 of these to make a little book called We All Got Stories

Love the idea. How will you bind it/wrap it?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

probanly do some kind of thing at home or i have an amazon self publishing account i can use

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Looking forward to seeing it Sid

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I think my new job was a bad choice. I'm giving them 30 days to unfuck themselves

Maybe we’re not super pumped about how you’re currently working out either, Tyler.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i stopped drinking around this time two years ago and thinking about it i dont have any loving idea how i made it through. i had tried many times with varying degrees of failure but i guess i just in my mind knew that, ultimately, if i didn't succeed this time it was a matter of when, not if it was gonna kill me and it would have probably been sooner than later.

i still get the blues real bad sometimes and do dumb stuff elsewhere in my life (i will not read my own posts) but after like six months of dogshit things really do start getting better but the dogshit still appears from time to time

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My man.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

six months of dogshit is a tuff ask but it be like that sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

six months of dogshit is a tuff ask but it be like that sometimes

What's something you've learned for the first time?