Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Not really. One time I flipped it and kind of cut the excursion short.

One time we were doing safety training for it in a pool and when we got back in the canoe after my practice buddy who hadn't canoed before was facing me and it didn't occur to him that something was off.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Literally A Person posted:

As previously stated I am a big noe'r.

noe stories?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
No good ones. Just that poo poo where you think you're close enough to shore to just hop out and drag your boat in but actually no it's deep. Deep enough to completely fill those waders you ingeniously wore to keep yourself dry for the day.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

luvcow, you have command of your own fleet of canoes, good luck. Report back when you encounter "THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LAKE"

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

luvcow, you have command of your own fleet of canoes, good luck. Report back when you encounter "THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LAKE"

this heavily depends on my party’s stockpile of drugs and alcohol or lack thereof

edit: also I’m almost at three weeks with no cigs, stopped when I got the flu and I’m riding that wave to being smoke free (hopefully for a long time this time...)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

this heavily depends on my party’s stockpile of drugs and alcohol or lack thereof

edit: also I’m almost at three weeks with no cigs, stopped when I got the flu and I’m riding that wave to being smoke free (hopefully for a long time this time...)

Are you really 3 weeks into quitting cigs??

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

Are you really 3 weeks into quitting cigs??

ya a week of being super sick and out of it made the first week easy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

ya a week of being super sick and out of it made the first week easy

My man. So proud. How long have you smoked?

I went 22 years hardcore smoking before I quit. And it's been 12 years now since I've had a drag so I feel confident in it. Good luck to you brother.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

My man. So proud. How long have you smoked?

I went 22 years hardcore smoking before I quit. And it's been 12 years now since I've had a drag so I feel confident in it. Good luck to you brother.

off and on for 29 years. quit many times. this time it had been since last Memorial Day so not quite a year. life crushes you so I start smoking, feel great when I smoke, terrible the rest of the time and then usually wait til I get sick to quit again

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

off and on for 29 years. quit many times. this time it had been since last Memorial Day do not quite a year.

Stay the course!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If he had done fajr as he was supposed to this would not have happened. But he scorned the salah.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

had a work stress related relapse on smoking awhile back. picked up on rollies in an attempt to make it extremely inconvenient. by the end of the whole ordeal i was lighting those suckers up like

fortunately it was ridiculous enough, disconcertingly so, that i managed to talk myself into dropping again by the middle of the second pouch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

had a work stress related relapse on smoking awhile back. picked up on rollies in an attempt to make it extremely inconvenient. by the end of the whole ordeal i was lighting those suckers up like

fortunately it was ridiculous enough, disconcertingly so, that i managed to talk myself into dropping again by the middle of the second pouch

So you've officially quit smoking again?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Quitting smoking is hard and relapsing is part of it. Don't stop trying, keep on trucking

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

So you've officially quit smoking again?

until next time! :imunfunny:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

until next time! :imunfunny:

I tried and tried and tried to quit before it finally took.

Good luck to you, sir.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

then he got a girl pregnant and it all came to an end.

A tale old as time

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
My jambalaya is cooking. I may grace the thread with a picture. I may not.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Shan't speculate

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll grace the thread with my food pics.

I had that Irish skillet yesterday that I threw into a blender and pulsed a few times to make pancakes out of. I threw two over-easy eggs on it which I continue to get better at making (not overcooking or breaking the yolk). Looking closer at the skillet ingredients, there was maybe 2tbsp of corned beef hash in the entire meal. wtf. The eggs hid it from me at the restaurant.

I should have added a binder to the pancakes but I didn't want to add any more calories.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 28, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hear an ice cream truck outside but I think it's in another cul-de-sac

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

a big hell yeah to my fellow ex smoker goons

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hear an ice cream truck outside but I think it's in another cul-de-sac

"SEARCH AND DESTROY(THE ICE CREAM)"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Smoking/quitting chat: Statistically, each time you try to quit makes it more likely the next time you try you'll be more successful. So even trying and not reaching your goal still has a benefit! :stoked:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to quit smoking when I move which will hopefully be at the beginning of June. Figure it will be easier if I'm in an environment where I've never smoked before and I'll have a full week off work to lock myself inside and not be stressed about anything.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

a big hell yeah to my fellow ex smoker goons

Hell yeah

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm going to quit smoking when I move which will hopefully be at the beginning of June. Figure it will be easier if I'm in an environment where I've never smoked before and I'll have a full week off work to lock myself inside and not be stressed about anything.

Good luck friend.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Re: quitting cigarettes

What finally did it for me was vaping. I quit smoking cigs to fully vape, and I did that for months.

It wasn't the same as smoking of course, but it was close enough. The physical routines mean a lot. So with vaping you're still making that hand to mouth movement. You're still "stepping out" at 10 for a smoke break, etc. But it's not the same while it resembles it. So you go through all the old motions, sucking down nicotine, but it's not the same. And so when that day comes you decide to say "gently caress it!" to vaping, you've already broken a lot of the strong cigarette associations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jambalaya

Also I quit smoking 5 months ago.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Jambalaya

Also I quit smoking 5 months ago.

Congrats man! Quitting smoking is one of the biggest deal things any smoker can undertake.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
first time i ever quit i used the nicotine gum and that was harder to quit then the cigs

also i just made sweet and spicy bbq chicken, broccoli and mashed baby yellow potatoes but alas i did not take a picture

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I got COVID and they were like "You can't vape and have COVID" so I had to go on the patch. Then I threw out all of my vaping supplies. After being on the patch for like 6 weeks I went and started acupuncture and did that for a while which led to me quitting completely.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
quitting smoking frickin rules, love & support all you ex and soon-to-be-ex smokers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Replace smoking butts with smoking meat

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smoke this

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It was a gift