Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just had some Maui Onion chips a few days ago and there were pretty good. Not too sweet at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

corn > flour tortillas

:wrong: and I don't give a poo poo about authenticity!

Sid Vicious posted:

i got an invite to bluesky two weeks ago so I have been shitposting on it all weekend and there’s a screenshot of some of my posts in an article in the verge lol

Oh sid... :allears:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MrQwerty posted:

you and me both buddy

:hfive:

It's a test to see how much you can get on the egg roll without getting the sinus burn. Breathing out of your mouth helps.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I prefer giving myself sixers. :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

anime junk

:haibrow:

Mechwarrior was awesome back in the day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Luvcow posted:

lol, loving turtles drinking smart water now

woke rear end turtles :rolleyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I turned 40 today. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

Don't forget to get your prostate checked

Well given that my died a week ago from prostate cancer.... yeah I'm gonna have to get checked at maybe 45. I've had the same nurse practitioner for almost 10 years and I really like her. That's going to be a very awkward visit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Tuggin is good n proper for health

It is, but I'm also on a huge does of an SSRI so that doesn't help.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's no loving way I'd be allowed on a jury lol.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Add jury duty to this.

Disclaimer: Pennywise the Frown is not responsible for any legal consequences.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AARD VARKMAN posted:

a lot of lovely mom and pop places sell that as bread sticks lol. It pisses me off when I order bread sticks and get that. a bread stick is different!

Just about every chain pizza place does that too.

It's "cheesy breadsticks" and almost everyone has them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Three loving dollars for 6 incredible pork and cabbage dumplings. 4 additional dollars for a steaming paper bowl of beef noodle soup.

:blastu:

Chinatown was one of my favorite parts when I went to NYC. It was like being in a different country.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Peggy Edson posted:

almost like being in China... in Chinatown... whoa

It was!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:haibrow:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dick Bastardly posted:

I was thinking earlier today about the odds of staying in a room that someone died in when visiting LV

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love tritip. It's not really a thing here though so you have to look for it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Careful. Although healthy, nuts have a ton of calories! :eng101:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

anime bad.......

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hi chat thread. I was just over at my mom's to go through my dad's band equipment and brought home quite a haul. I only grabbed things I might either want to use or gently caress around with at some point. One PA and the head and stand, a cheap mic and stand, one guitar and bass/keyboard amp, and his stool that he always sat on. :unsmith:

I also grabbed my dad's Korg bass pedals. His last band was just the two of them for maybe 30+ years. So there was the drummer and then my dad who did guitar, singing, and these bass pedals all at the same time. He was extremely talented.

To be honest, I hated carrying that loving 100lbs suitcase for him when I was like 12 years old. The other side is filled with cables and power strips and AC adapters.

edit: vvvv good luck with your hand Tuba!

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 14, 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: quick story time

I had an AC guy come over today to fix where my drain hose goes because some other jackass working on something else this winter pulled it out of it's drain and sealed the drain and just left the hose hanging. I turned on my AC earlier this year and.... water in my basement.... again.... which the jackass that pulled the hose out was fixing a different water issue. :cripes:

So the guy comes over, young guy and very polite, and I forgot to tell him to come to the back door which leads right to the basement. So I walk him from the front door through my messy rear end
living room and kitchen to the basement door and we went down and discussed everything and I came back into my living room and sat down and realized I had a whole lot of weed/paraphernalia sitting right next to me on my table and it's illegal here still. Oh poo poo, I quickly put everything away.

He did an awesome job installing a pump to get the hose to the only other available drain. I was jamming out on my bass the whole time upstairs because I actually took one of my meds that I'm supposed to that gives me energy but I rarely do because I wake up so late. Well he comes into my living room to discuss payment and immediately says "Hey man, you didn't have to put your bong away." I laughed and then we started talking about it and said he could hit my vape if he wanted. He was very appreciative.

Nice guy. :)

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 15, 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was trying to be polite and so was he. We have a weird politeness in the great white north. And it's genuine. Not the "bless your heart" poo poo.

If someone accidentally bumped into me I'd probably be the first to apologize.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Are you for real?

He was the one who brought it up. I didn't think I'd get any backlash from this funny story. I thought it was just a fun encounter.

:shrug:

edit: I mean I'm not going to update the old review I had for them with this. they're a great local company and saved my rear end a few years back

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I didn't smoke with him then. I had poo poo to do.

But I did now. :haw:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

A real professional

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

Anyone who can separate fun and work and still combine clients and fun is a true professional though, your HVAC guy sounds like he's got it together imo and you're looking for a fight

I honestly have no idea what you're going on about.

Anyway....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mistle posted:

Are you "Ope" north, or "Sorry" north? :lol:

Both, in all honesty.

Like if I'm walking past the beer cooler and someone is in the way I'll say "ope, sorry, lemme get past ya right here!"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Peggy Edson posted:

In MN we say "oop" instead of "ope"

Yeah that's what I say. I read "ope" everywhere online but it's more of an oop or whoop.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm a stay at home disabled loser.

Kinda hate my job to be honest.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: that was rude for a saturday morning chat thread post

Happy birthday tuba!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I miss Dave_Indeed. I think he was a crass rear end in a top hat who got probed a lot.

meow your talkin'

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hell. Yes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Church festival season is starting!

I'm gonna get me some roasted corn dipped in a vat of butter tonight!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Eggs are probably the last thing I would use on stainless steel.

I bought a pan a few years ago but haven't used it yet. I forgot why I got it but I'm sure it was because of SA.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ :hmmyes:

redshirt posted:

I like cheese. But I've learned what I feel like is an important life lesson: There is such a thing as to much cheese.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hi GBS non-friday chat thread!

I'm sitting here drinking Milwaukee's Best Light and Magic, the 1978 film with Anthony Hopkins as a ventriloquist with a crazy dummy, just came on TV.

So I'm watching that.

:toot:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made a pumpkin pie from scratch (store bought crust though) in 2016.

Never again. Holy poo poo that was a lot of work and my extended family did NOT give me the praise I so much desired at the party. <:mad:>

It was really good but I made it a little less sweet than a normal store bought one because I don't like super sweet poo poo and wanted to taste the real pumpkin. Also, it was basically a liquid when I poured it into the crust and that scared me but it came out perfect after cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

102923 posted:

Nobody cares

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:spooky: