Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

vibes feel off, like something’s missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we need an epic username loremaster around here

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not sure i believe the tale of 9 priors, searched GBS, the waste dump, the goldmines, the graveyard and no hits at all

quote:

Searched for posts which meet the following criteria:
Text contains the phrase 'shan't speculate'
Posted before Jul 21, 2020 3:47 PM
There were no results. Query took 0.30 seconds to complete.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they've got eyes and ears posted everywhere, i'm afraid

you can bet we're being observed right now :ninja:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

post one link to a rap sheet and ding dong, guess who's ringing the doorbell naught but a few moments later

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

best be prepared to wave bye-bye to your account, as a wise poster once observed

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op (the current op), one thing the op did for us in the other thread was provide topics, such as big B and his penchant for wallets, failpass on junkbox, or the organizational catastrophe of all the sleepy subforums.

these helped the thread develop lore and gave us concepts to riff on. a big stepper calling shots from time to time, then disappearing for three days to a week, might help this thread achieve great success.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i took one look at sad and closed the tab, nary a good post to be found i'm afraid

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this is what happens to a chat thread without the op to shepherd us

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

how is this not just the 5k page thread???

that thread is in the docket to be closed, been running for too long. megathreads need a reboot now and again it's said.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nope. check in the various SAD threads?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

walking a mile in 🅾️🅱️'s shoes, this is what it's about

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Ive beta-tested this link with a handful of people last night

https://matias.ma/nsfw/

Let me know what you think

wonderful work op

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

shant' speculate whos next

be careful with these catchphrases, i'm hearing that inside jokes and thread specific culture may be off-putting and confusing for the many new users flocking to this website seeking threads of general interest.

we are, after all, posting in the 2nd most prominently listed forum and should conduct ourselves befitting ambassadors of such status. and of course i needn't remind anyone of the policy as regards to "freaks".

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

several of the most prominent posters in this fledgling thread probed simultaneously? curious indeed, i shall surmise nary a thought

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

I didn't click the beta test because I am scared of suspicious links and now I regret it

that's part of the beta test, you did your part

i of course threw caution to the wind and clicked it immediately, confident in the robust security of my crapple device

of course i can always return it should a website somehow reduce it to junk

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this website has a hall of fame for threads, but where is the hall of fame for users?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what we need is another stickied thread titled "GBS Hall of Fame" that remains locked, and posters names are added to it along with a description of their accomplishments when they earn their lifetime posting award

a mod can go ahead and create this now and mark wesleywillis down as the first inductee

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Karma Comedian posted:

Well you'd be on it for sure

mayhap one day, upon writing my first good post

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

slugworth

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

been digging out a cistern to hold the flood of dopamine arriving may 12th

need to mail one of my J cons in for free repair tomorrow though, got stick drift like a devil’s curse

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

buttons are made to last for 10s of millions of presses these days, a simple press to replace a weapon every 30 seconds would take decades of playtime to wear out.

one could replace a broken weapon once every second and encounter nary a problem with the A button before the game's end.

makes you wonder about those mario 64 A button press challenges, what on earth is going on with them?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op's disease

spreading like a plague

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

:siren:
https://twitch.tv/epic_core_count
:siren:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

reign copped, pixel junk on lock :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well given that my died a week ago from prostate cancer.... yeah I'm gonna have to get checked at maybe 45. I've had the same nurse practitioner for almost 10 years and I really like her. That's going to be a very awkward visit.

just keep cranking your hog on the daily for optimal prostate health

proper care and maintenance is the best way to avoid malfunction for any machine

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Luvcow posted:

my calculations tell me its thursday

whoa, friday is right around the corner

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gonna open the friday thread, or?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

tears of the kingdom just unlocked on my nintendo switch and it's friday

an incredible win

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the most successful posters just drop random contextless youtube music video links these days

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

personally i’m thinking to post a thread

maybe a few weeks from now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's actually the same chart with a different color palette

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

please take this discussion to the fantasia thread

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

once you bite the inside of your cheek or your lip the first time, it swells up and sticks out more, making you more likely to bite it again and again

a feedback loop in your feedhole

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what the heck is going on

i had to mouse over the book forum to get to GBS, a cross i'm now sadly conditioned to bear, but then i also had to mouse over a big red text pinned thread advertising a separate book forum before i could click the GBS chat thread.

folks are flipping their lids because they had to mouse-dodge a gross furry thread on page 2 for a few days, meanwhile i'm having to go into bullet time every time i open my browser to avoid another terrible book recommendation.

it's a disgrace, it's downright immoral and i'm sick of it. wanna clean this place up? how about starting at the top.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpAKt1so9N4

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i haven't fertilized or irrigated my yard in 3 or 4 years now. i planted some native ground covers that have mixed in with the bits of grass that have managed to survive and it stays green and nice all year, at least in the front yard.

the backyard has some sandy and patchy areas that just never took off, especially where i ripped out a rotten deck a few years back. our soil here is basically beach sand though, i'm probably gonna have to intervene and do something back there to get good roots going again to stop the erosion. i refuse to go back to all grass and dealing with sprinklers and treatments though.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sid has blessed us with many wonderful drawings, this one is my favorite

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

by the way, that was my 10000th post so please respect my wishes and leave it. thank you mods.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chinatown posted:

still friday OP whats the deal

drinkin a crowler from a local brewery and playing good game tears of the kingdom, also thinking it’s still friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i didn't read past the second page of that ex-prison thread, it just seemed completely fake from the start

also seeing a lot of GBSers convinced this week that 10 pixels of a wave bouncing off a boat at night is a man eating shark

are we getting old? is this how boomer credulity progressed before us? how long until mods sticky a straightup nigerian prince scam?