Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

eat poo poo rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Good for Haula

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Lmao Bread has two assists in 7 games and no points in 5 :siren:

E- :laffo: Rangers fans leaving-cam

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Congrats mcmagic.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

kill me now posted:

And the “C”

the C stands for "Cup he's not going to win"

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

It's cool that you're blaming not the player who regularly dishes out brain damage "legally"

hockey is a physical game. there are like two areas that haven't been legislated out: head down when you should have your head up, and ducking/flinching like Girard did last year on the Barbashev hit. taking it further would yield a different, less physical, less entertaining game. part of the skill is guys being smart enough to avoid getting hosed up when they should be able to avoid it. the counterplay is: don't stickhandle like a 10-year-old lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

All the Rangers fans leaving. Beautiful.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

Congrats mcmagic.

<3

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if Meier doesn't want to have guys looking to hit him like that, he shouldn't be trying to jump on goalie's knees, and (more importantly) he should learn hit avoidance strategies that are drilled into every hockey player since age 12

I thought this was a joke about victim blaming at first lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol Rangers fans leaving

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the C stands for "Cup he's not going to win"

No it stands for “concussions”

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

mcmagic posted:

it's not over lol calm down

Yeah? :v:

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Not sure I see how gallant sticks around after this

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

hockey is a physical game. there are like two areas that haven't been legislated out: head down when you should have your head up, and ducking/flinching like Girard did last year on the Barbashev hit. taking it further would yield a different, less physical, less entertaining game. part of the skill is guys being smart enough to avoid getting hosed up when they should be able to avoid it. the counterplay is: don't stickhandle like a 10-year-old lol

Scoreboard

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
dagger?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Imagine getting shut out in a game 7

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

if Meier doesn't want to have guys looking to hit him like that, he shouldn't be trying to jump on goalie's knees, and (more importantly) he should learn hit avoidance strategies that are drilled into every hockey player since age 12

lol ok guy

p.s. your team is getting shut out lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Good luck against Carolina. I'm not being salty at all. gently caress the Canes.

Fire Gallant please.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lets not talk about that rancid dirty piece of garbage. the devils were the better team all season and they were the better team tonight and they won.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
It's a difficult argument, because most people would agree that playing a physical brand of hockey to intimidate / wear down the opposition is a legitimate strategy. Most people would agree with the philosophy that (for example) "Connor McDavid is the most important player on the Oilers, if you get a chance to lay a clean bodycheck on him you got to take it, as long as you can do it within the rules".

So yeah, we all agree that outright illegal hits are no good, so it's a matter of arguing degrees when it comes to what should be allowed and what should not be allowed.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Good luck against Carolina. I'm not being salty at all. gently caress the Canes.

Fire Gallant please.

I'm fine rooting for former rangers derek stepan and jesper fast, and arguably the least awful Staal brother

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
how is Weaponx not gonna post in every gd thread the Rangers are losing in come on man show a little spirit, what a joke

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/MrWorkrate/status/1653106477702209546?t=Ens8-mSuZqcfub4YqysDvA&s=19

Yep.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

I thought this was a joke about victim blaming at first lol

"don't stickhandle with your head down over the middle of the blueline" is one of the maybe 2 or 3 most important things you can teach to a young hockey player learning to play in a game with hits lol

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Timo Meier is back on the bench, good work NHL concussion protocol.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Happy for Palat and Gourde :)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

T-Bone posted:

how is Weaponx not gonna post in every gd thread the Rangers are losing in come on man show a little spirit, what a joke

He beat the traffic

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

mcmagic posted:

lets not talk about that rancid dirty piece of garbage. the devils were the better team all season and they were the better team tonight and they won.

:hai:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fermun posted:

that's insane

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fermun posted:

It's hopefully only to be out there to poo poo talk in the handshake line

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Ginette Reno posted:

He beat the traffic

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

T-Bone posted:

that's insane

they aren't going to actually put him in

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

fermun posted:

this seems unwise. he looked unconscious.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

4:04 goal not found

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Don't hate him like i used to, but close-up sad Bread is good stuff.

At least he has his garage.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Starsfan posted:

It's a difficult argument, because most people would agree that playing a physical brand of hockey to intimidate / wear down the opposition is a legitimate strategy. Most people would agree with the philosophy that (for example) "Connor McDavid is the most important player on the Oilers, if you get a chance to lay a clean bodycheck on him you got to take it, as long as you can do it within the rules".

So yeah, we all agree that outright illegal hits are no good, so it's a matter of arguing degrees when it comes to what should be allowed and what should not be allowed.

wise post! the current line is generally fine because there is room for counterplay. it's easy to not get hosed up hideously like Meier did--don't stickhandle over the blueline with your head down. it's easy to not get hosed up like Barbashev did last year--don't crouch and get small when you feel a forechecker coming.

blindside hits were good to ban since there's no counterplay. hits from behind, there's no counterplay. Meier COULD have seen what's coming--he just wasn't skilled enough to avoid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

"don't stickhandle with your head down over the middle of the blueline" is one of the maybe 2 or 3 most important things you can teach to a young hockey player learning to play in a game with hits lol

Yeah he was asking for it hnnnng