Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

This site isn't going to get better. See y'all around

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Im gay

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it just got better OP

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

who the gently caress is this

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

actually it gets better every day

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Don't be assholes.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

you'll get those DnD fucks next time OP

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I can't believe D&D is full of psychos

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

op wrote a very long sad post about the demons at d&d and i was curious so

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

StratGoatCom posted:

Don't be assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GwrR-4Q9E&t=33s

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah same but its 11 so im going to bed

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The battle for the soul of the nation will not be won on SomethingAwful.Com OP, but good luck on your endeavors elsewhere

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I don't remember any big negative interactions with you op so rip see ya around

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

it just got better OP

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

lobster shirt posted:

op wrote a very long sad post about the demons at d&d and i was curious so

What kind of demons? Like, metaphorical ones? Or actual physical manifestations of Baphomet's will?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

What kind of demons? Like, metaphorical ones? Or actual physical manifestations of Baphomet's will?

i would encourage you to go read it as a d&d moderator, but i did not

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

autobanning is the way of the liberal. I will continue to post and suffer, like a communist.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

well i read the first paragraph and then was like ah no thanks

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

lobster shirt posted:

well i read the first paragraph and then was like ah no thanks

Link? Is it a pro- and con- argument about the benefits of eternal damnation?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

autobanning is the way of the liberal. I will continue to post and suffer, like a communist.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

it's good to post new threads so I support the op

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i get sleepy when i type to much too

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Link? Is it a pro- and con- argument about the benefits of eternal damnation?

just go look at the ops post history lol, its on the first page. also i used demons as a figure of speech, i dont think there were any theological implications to what the op said.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i dont have plat because i toxxed for michael avenatti to become president and buying an annoying av after reregging was more important cant u just link the post

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Parity warning posted:

i dont have plat because i toxxed for michael avenatti to become president and buying an annoying av after reregging was more important cant u just link the post

nice entrapment officer

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
:evilbuddy:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Parity warning posted:

Since you died for a noble cause, sure why not

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

"death cob for cutie posted:

what the gently caress is this post

if you want to delineate people into enemy posting crews can you at least state who "your lot" are for those of us that haven't been writhing in some kind of rabid sewer of leftist infighting

this doesn't sound unreasonable on the surface, what percentage of topics in D&D are America-focused vs. not-America-focused

Fwiw during the height of the CSPAM/D&D beef, there was an actual D&D offsite discord in which some posters there discussed battling their posting enemies on the forums proper. I assume that wasn't its sole purpose, but people did that there. We know it existed because there were CSPAM posters who had previously been D&D posters who remained on the server and read those discussions

It makes you sound deranged if you talk about it to people who weren't there because they think you're trying to sell them on a grand conspiracy rather than just a clique of online losers who were afraid of public argument despite collecting in a forum supposedly dedicated to that purpose, but the OP is referencing a real thing that happened

The poster being referred to as "your sort" there was one of the weirdest and most obsessive interforum warriors in that posting group during that period, and in fact he's apparently still making posts about it as of like a month ago despite that particular beef having no serious flashpoints for a long time as far as I'm aware. Can't speak for the OP but I assume he was probably making an inference about socialsecurity's actual inclusion in that offsite social group based on the way he posts on this topic, but it may not be a safe assumption since socialsecurity may have been too much of a loser to even be included in it

I don't know if the offsite social group in question is still extant, but you can still observe the dynamics from it(and that interforums beef in general) at play this weekend. The D&D mods who hosed the dog so badly were elevated from that social milieu and covered for one another. One of the victims(Lib and Let Die) was someone on the opposite side of the beef from them, and was also one of the most reluctant to let it go when things cooled off. He himself expressed suspicions that the doxxing was retaliation against him by someone in D&D, but was obviously unable to prove it because of the anonymity afforded by avatar buys

CZS made it incredibly clear in his banme that he thought LALD deserved to be outed, while Fritz actively covered for CZS by editing LALD's banme, as well as blaming LALD for "poor opsec." In the same thread, you also had D&D mod Google Jeb Bush, fka Greyjoy Bastard, try to muddy the waters on behalf of CZS by framing the event as simply too confusing to follow, but also dedicating an entire weaselly post to implying that LALD was a problem child who couldn't behave. Another D&D mod(Leon Trotsky 2012) has also targeted CSPAM users he dislikes while posting in other forums, including being caught red-handed editing another poster's name out of his months-old posts so he could present her to unrelated goons as some kind of obsessive stalker after he made a deeply weird post full of personal details about her. These are all weird losers who gave each other their mod jobs

On top of that, many of the worst posts defending CZS and Fritz yesterday were made by posters who were involved with that interforums beef. I'm not fixing to make a list because I'm not an insane D&D mod, but if you were around for that, you'll recognize them pretty readily. Even if you weren't involved, it's not hard to tell who they are because they post in a way that goons who weren't involved in brokebrains politics posting struggled to even comprehend(seriously just look at all the "what the gently caress are you talking about" replies). I'll take the shot at him because he got banned, but the utterly deranged posts by Solkanar on the first page accusing someone of lying for besmirching the noble D&D mods seemed to catch more normal goons by surprise, but that dude has always posted like that when he thinks he's addressing his forums enemies. It's the exact behavior you'd expect from a volatile creep getting worked up in a Discord channel about posting enemy crews riding to war

It's not the sort of poo poo anybody's gonna prove at this point, and tbh it's pretty worthless to bring up here because you're just going to make yourself sound crazy by talking about it(I'm sure I'm coming across that way too), but when I look at that poo poo CZS was saying in the thread that started this about how he was claiming to have received messages from lurkers begging him to subdue the enemy crew, I can absolutely buy that part. It was the exact same MO from how they handled posters they didn't like years ago

Regardless, still agree with the OP that they should dump that entire set of mods in the garbage. You don't need to buy into hunches about offsites to agree with that. The ones who did all this poo poo this weekend didn't end up where they were by accident. They're all from the same tainted tree, and we've literally watched them coordinate to protect each other after loving over regular users. Just fuckin de-mod them all and start fresh if you're serious about this poo poo

socialsecurity posted:

I mostly post nerd white-noise, I've never once even posted in CSPAM, the fact that I'm apparently such a hated target individually is really quite messed up.

Yes, you've pinpointed the really absurd part. You were such a worthless poster that nobody ever bothered to make fun of you in the thread you were hatereading even at the height of the posting wars, yet you gave yourself psychic damage over it anyway and still make poo poo up about targeted harassment. At this point I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not insane, just really pathetic and want your posting peers to think you're cool

Just go kiss CSZ's booboo, I'm sure he needs it

Endorph posted:

i need cspam and D&D goons to understand that nobody outside their forums gives a poo poo about their forever war and its embarrassing to read about

It is. I feel embarrassed posting about it tbh. But unfortunately elevating that set of D&D mods had some really horrible consequences for regular posters and leaving their buddies in power is just going to risk this poo poo happening again later. They need to go

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You really need to just kiss D&D on the mouth already.
Not really gonna apologize for being het up that mods a lot of people knew were shitheads enabled regular posters to get doxxed, and then tried to cover for each other, and their friends are still mods, and their friends will be the ones picking the replacements

I don't engage with other politics subforums and those posters at all anymore and haven't for a long time since it was obvious none of it was going to get better, and my personal forums experience improved a lot as a result just by staying away from it. I could hardly tell you anything about the Ukraine thread beefs and I don't feel like I missed out. I still remember the people posting from when I did care though, and could've told you it was a huge mistake to make them mods and admins outside of differences of political opinion that nobody normal cares about. It would've been pretty pointless to try though, because it's interpreted everywhere else as tomato-tomato ideological beefing

Sucks that them being in charge forced two good posters to leave. It's probably going to happen again in the future

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I'm tired of the Leper's Colony being filled to the brim with extremely funny probes and bans, and having to sift through CAT INTERCEPTOR's garbage :kiddo: "how about some schloozbury steak for key-key" loving crap image spam :argh:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Parity warning posted:

I feel your pain, friend

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Futanari Damacy posted:

I'm tired of the Leper's Colony being filled to the brim with extremely funny probes and bans, and having to sift through CAT INTERCEPTOR's garbage :kiddo: "how about some schloozbury steak for key-key" loving crap image spam :argh:

the sanctity of my lepers colony experience is being defiled and i won't stand for it any longer. it's time for journeyman leper colony sommeliers local 269. whose with me??

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

as the saying goes, "If you didn't toxx for Avenatti, you have no heart. If you did toxx for Avenatti, you have no brain."

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

the sanctity of my lepers colony experience is being defiled and i won't stand for it any longer. it's time for journeyman leper colony sommeliers local 269. whose with me??

That's right goddammit

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

as the saying goes, "If you didn't toxx for Avenatti, you have no heart. If you did toxx for Avenatti, you have no brain."

filthy hans, who I do not support, is correct about this saying about avenatti, who I do not support

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
We must honor TIHs memory and win the war on d&d

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I will never read a post in D&D and I will never read a post about D&D but I wish them well as some, I assume, are good people.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I will never read a post in D&D and I will never read a post about D&D but I wish them well as some, I assume, are good people.

i thought you were a d&d mod until i checked your profile

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
That’s harsh but I suppose fair.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

i thought you were a d&d mod until i checked your profile

same actually lol

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I did not come to this thread to get roasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
not sure why this guy autobanned. i liked his long post, thought it was pretty itneresting. ... ?