Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
This is the feedback thread for C-SPAM. You can use this to express concerns or provide any kind of feedback (positive, neutral, negative) about moderation, specific threads, general posting, or ideas to improve the forum. Please remember that this is a feedback thread for C-SPAM, so if you have feedback about another forum, contact that forum's mod team or post it in SAD. You're also welcome to PM any of the mods if you don't want your comments made public. Depending on your preferences, we can have a private discussion, share your thoughts within the mod team, or repost PMs as anonymous feedback in the thread.

Recent mod changes: vyelkin has foolishly ascended to admin, and lobster shirt agreed to become a mod.

As before, this is an ongoing feedback thread so there's no rush to get your comments or questions in immediately. We hope that having a regular place to talk about the state of the forum will be healthy and helpful in the long run.

We're hoping to add a few more mods for C-SPAM. Please post your mod suggestions if you think someone would be a good moderator!

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

:firstpost:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Reserved

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Reserved

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Reserved

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bump

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
While this Reserved character is off to an early lead in the race, I nominate myself as additional musk thread ik (different time zones and auras from 16bb)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

to make a real post i would encourage anyone who wants to be a mod to go ahead and volunteer, its not that big of a deal. having buttons is not a responsibility of great magnitude and if you suck at it or dont like it you can go back to being a regular poster.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EshN4MN9cAw

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

lobster shirt posted:

to make a real post i would encourage anyone who wants to be a mod to go ahead and volunteer, its not that big of a deal. having buttons is not a responsibility of great magnitude and if you suck at it or dont like it you can go back to being a regular poster.

yeah the more normal people are mods the better the site becomes

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

there should be more forumwide IKs. i propose croup coughfield, comedyblissoption, and Leon Trotsky 2012

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:cheers:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I propose F Stop Fitzgerald

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
first post

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

second post

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lessail posted:

first post

Nope

Negatory

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Hell Gem
I nominate Willa Rogers for Succ Zone IK

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvv6tkGANdw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

I nominate Willa Rogers for Succ Zone IK

yeah sounds good

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

is there a reason cspam has no forumwide IKs?

e: there are 3, one who only posts in the trump thread, spaceman_spliff, and calibanibal lol

F Stop Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Apr 18, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

make me forumwide ik

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

thats a good question actually

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
goons are already pretty wide

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
they call me mr forumwide

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

grant me buttons with which to terrorize my hated posting enemies

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lessail posted:

they call me mr forumwide

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sure Willa seems like a good choice for IK. Might be too smart to accept though

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

calibanibal lol

Miss them, wish they'd come back

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nix Panicus posted:

Miss them, wish they'd come back

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

grant me buttons with which to terrorize my hated posting enemies

do this

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

just steal from fyad and do ik contests

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

e: there are 3, one who only posts in the trump thread, spaceman_spliff, and calibanibal lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

just steal from fyad and do ik contests

just steal from fyad - reciprocity for all their iks

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
So the last feedback thread moved too fast for me to keep up so I missed a lot of feedback, if everyone could reply to this post with all the feedback I missed it would really be appreciated. First post.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

second post

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So the last feedback thread moved too fast for me to keep up so I missed a lot of feedback, if everyone could reply to this post with all the feedback I missed it would really be appreciated. First post.

i got you :cheers:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4027185&pagenumber=88&perpage=40#post531215437

you dont actually have that many pages. biggest thing imo was kirby voice reveal?

KirbyKhan posted:

https://voca.ro/1fCi5r2sVBRO

This was very fun to say outloud

projecthalaxy posted:

lol i just realized that "Cinci Zoo Sniper" is an epic harambe joke

vyelkin posted:

I'm shaking my head in disbelief over here but since I posted itt that I thought no one had edited it, I feel obliged to tell everyone here that it turns out Fritz did in fact edit LALD's alt account autoban, apparently because the post was accusing a user of doxxing without any evidence. This led to both me and VideoGames accidentally gaslighting people by saying nobody had edited the post, because admins can edit posts without leaving any record, Fritz didn't tell us he had done that, and both of us thought no admin in their right mind would have edited that post and not even told the rest of us that they did so. I'm really sorry for that, I know LALD is gone and so wasn't here to correct the record but anyone who remembers that post being different, you're right, it was different, your memory is not playing tricks on you, and I apologize for accidentally telling you that wasn't the case - I thought my own memory was playing tricks on me too.

Fritz has been de-adminned because that was a really messed up thing to do, on top of other things that apparently happened this weekend that I still haven't had the time to get caught up on.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

prob ended up loving /w threads outside their homebase

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i think recently the tendency in cspam has been to just make people mods if the intent is for them to have buttons on the entire forum. i'm not opposed to the idea of new IKs though

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jazerus posted:

i think recently the tendency in cspam has been to just make people mods if the intent is for them to have buttons on the entire forum. i'm not opposed to the idea of new IKs though

IKs are still workers and mods are cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Jazerus posted:

i think HF was right about homebases and thats probably why cspam is so weird and segregated. cuttlefish and zodium are treated like some kind of invaders for posting in the climate thread lol. i think you guys are on the right track with making butthead the musk ik, keep doing stuff like that