Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem

Regarde Aduck posted:

the covid thread has always been tone deaf as gently caress at best and actively anti-worker at worst

some of us never got to work from home during the height of the pandemic and still don't now. And yeah if we caught it and died they'd laugh at us. It's a hosed up echochamber of people that were in a position to just bunker down in their house for 3 years. Like, most people can't do that. Even if they wanted to that's not a thing we could do. And of course someone like pfc would become a kind of ring leader to these types. loving kulaks the lot of them.
They did donate thousands of dollars to the goon fund though. Land of contrasts..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

McCracAttack posted:

People were talking about hotel rooms, air pressure, and air flow. Someone posted an air pressure monitor they'd put together out of spare parts when their wife caught covid and slept in the guest bedroom. Just to see if air was flowing into or out of the room.

Christ almighty the amount of goon telephone that goes on in this thread...

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

copy posted:

interior work from home masturbator
i am the covid thread wife imprisonator

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
okay. FINE. My (42M), wife (35F) has a deafly, terminal illness so I cryogenically froze her until I can find a cure. I can't be too specific because I am a world-renowned physician and Batman is looking for me.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Serious (ish) post:

I think the covid thread is probably one of those threads that really just needs a fresh look from time to time. That's not because it's an unusually bad thread (I've only ever just skimmed it but it doesn't seem that horrible, just not a thread I really want to be reading). I think it's true of any longstanding thread, really. The ones that go on autopilot with only the people who've been active in there paying any attention are the ones that erupt into site-defining drama when someone finally sees something that is at best a bit strange and is at worst a crime against god and man and reacts like one might expect. Having a dedicated mod who is also being swept along in the current doesn't necessarily help, even if that mod is not otherwise doing a bad job.

Like someone going a bit overboard on home safety is almost certainly completely benign but it also wouldn't be the first time a thread (or a subforum) was covering for something a whole lot worse than that so someone not familiar with the thread having a look every once in a while (not at this stupid bullshit rumor, just in general) is probably a good way of heading off Stupid Forums Crisis #3192.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!

McCracAttack posted:

People were talking about hotel rooms, air pressure, and air flow. Someone posted an air pressure monitor they'd put together out of spare parts when their wife caught covid and slept in the guest bedroom. Just to see if air was flowing into or out of the room.

Christ almighty the amount of goon telephone that goes on in this thread...

actually she was chained up in there for months. there was a whole lifetime movie about it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

copy posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cranappleberry posted:

okay. FINE. My (42M), wife (35F) has a deafly, terminal illness so I cryogenically froze her until I can find a cure. I can't be too specific because I am a world-renowned physician and Batman is looking for me.

interesting age gap...........mods???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my wife is currently in geosynchronous orbit in a soyuz capsule. unfortunately due to technical problems she will be undergoing an uncontrolled reentry on June 5 2023. anyone know how to fix this

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

man you could have bought so much temporary attention with these av change :10bux:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

copy posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

the covid thread has always been tone deaf as gently caress at best and actively anti-worker at worst

some of us never got to work from home during the height of the pandemic and still don't now. And yeah if we caught it and died they'd laugh at us. It's a hosed up echochamber of people that were in a position to just bunker down in their house for 3 years. Like, most people can't do that. Even if they wanted to that's not a thing we could do. And of course someone like pfc would become a kind of ring leader to these types. loving kulaks the lot of them.

pretty much all of this is you making up a guy in your head to get mad at

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

pretty much all of this is you making up a guy in your head to get mad at

I'll bet Mike told you to say that. loving MIKE

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

covid is worse than aids

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

covid is worse than aids

every child in America has AIDS

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Best Friends posted:

this is straight up spousal abuse, so if this is accurate please perma the dude and if it’s not please probe croup for making up seriously bad stuff about a person, Ty

Permas all round, IMO

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Regarde Aduck posted:

We've had goons attend concerts in P100s in that thread and get fist-bumps from everyone.

I'm genuinely sorry that your workplace sucks and that you're pressured to put yourself in danger by going in unmasked. I hope you can organize them into a force that can demand safer working conditions.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Cranappleberry posted:

he's infected with the mod prion

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Regarde Aduck posted:

tbf this wasn’t really a goon thing per se compared to the whole “left liberal” twitter social media sphere at the time of PMC (ugh) types screaming about their doordash driver ‘dicknosing’ or w/e

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Unrelated, it's pretty obvious that Filthy Hans calling croup the 'Croup Nazi' was just a play on the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld and not an actual accusation of fascist politics directed toward him, which I only bring up because it's the one documented instance of Filthy Hans ever posting anything that even remotely resembles humor.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This is not a plea for clemency for the Pitchbot guy, you understand.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

docbeard posted:

Unrelated, it's pretty obvious that Filthy Hans calling croup the 'Croup Nazi' was just a play on the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld and not an actual accusation of fascist politics directed toward him, which I only bring up because it's the one documented instance of Filthy Hans ever posting anything that even remotely resembles humor.

this makes it worse because anyone referencing Seinfeld in 2023 should be banned

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Xaris posted:

this makes it worse because anyone referencing Seinfeld in 2023 should be banned

docbeard posted:

This is not a plea for clemency for the Pitchbot guy, you understand.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

he should have posted something innocent and fun, like saying croup screams at his wife if she goes outside

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xaris posted:

seinfeld is still funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Best Friends posted:

he should have posted something innocent and fun, like saying croup screams at his wife if she goes outside

not gonna look into it any further but based on this one post someone should be permabanned thanks

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Jerry would def be wearing a spacesuit for covid prevention

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

seinfeld is still funny

this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
licking covid-infected envelopes for my wedding invitations

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

george catching covid and pretending he doesnt have it and then giving everyoen covid while still denying he has covid

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cranappleberry posted:

Jerry would def be wearing a spacesuit for covid prevention

kramer would keep infecting everyone but have no symptoms

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
george [shouting]: she's got long covid jerry!
jerry: long covid?
george [spreading hands out]: long covid!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its the flu jerry its just the flu

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Xaris posted:

hehe, checkmate to all of the Seinfeld likers. hope you like feeling owned :smug:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

seinfeld is still funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its the flu jerry its just the flu

Kramer 100% ivermectin guy, no question

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
these seasonal allergies are making me thirsty

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!
that wasnt what i put in the probe reason ls!!!!!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

copy posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Kramer 100% ivermectin guy, no question