Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

this is america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lmao

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Some of my favorite moments from over the years

https://i.imgur.com/OdMvlAy.mp4

putting the empty bottle back in the cupboard absolutely deranged behavior.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

would not swim without a condom on for fear of the candiru
nor would he travel without a lock of his mother's hair for comfort

lol

need to watch this

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde
For a long time my only awareness of this show was seeing the thread title in GBS "TLC's 90 Day Fiance" and I assumed it was a dating show hosted by T Boz and Chilli of 90's R&B group TLC.

The Learning Channel lmao

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

brands strip meaning from words and replace it with the comfort of mothball-saccharine nostalgia for value

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rockear posted:

For a long time my only awareness of this show was seeing the thread title in GBS "TLC's 90 Day Fiance" and I assumed it was a dating show hosted by T Boz and Chilli of 90's R&B group TLC.

yeah it'd be more appropriate to be called something like "Smalltown Roadside Curiosity Museum Channel"

there is nothing good or aspirational on it anymore

well maybe the first few seasons of that "I am Jazz" show but the current ones are mostly just her being terribly depressed because the world is horrid

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wheeee posted:

this show is way less sad than the ones about the mentally ill 800lb people, i can't watch that poo poo

that show should be illegal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the gummo channel

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

it's the kind of show that could never happen if it's production team ever developed anything resembling a shred of human compassion for its subjects

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

and he was such a strange man
would not swim without a condom on for fear of the candiru
nor would he travel without a lock of his mother's hair for comfort

I really enjoyed the part where he freaks out and runs off into the woods and then he's like standing at a riverbank and the subtext seems to be that he's threatening to jump in and get candirued to death instantly. It feels like he believes that this is the equivalent of standing next to a 30 story drop or some kind of industrial mangling machinery

I think at this point some of the camera crew gets robbed with machetes or something, I don't know, it's been a while

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

the gummo channel

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Corey and Evelyn might have been the funniest as Corey was a dough ball corn fed Mormon who was constantly getting played by his scheming Ecuadorian girlfriend. When he shows up Quito, she's not even there to drive him to her village and says "You need to prove to me you are resourceful and can make it here on the bus", you can tell this guys never taken any public transit before let alone a cramped South American bus, he's nearly melting down since he can't figure out the bus schedules and the transfers. When he arrives he doesn't speak Spanish so he's stuck with no one to talk to, and can't get a job in town to support the both of them, even though he's already drained $50k of his savings to help her build a beachfront bar that makes no money. He later learns that Evelyn has been cheating on him and his nickname around town is "El Cachudo" (The Cuck) because Evelyn has been openly cheating on him in the village while pilfering him for all he's worth.

Just the slow destruction of complete moron who continually gets back up to shovel more poo poo into his gaping maw.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Beached Whale posted:

Corey and Evelyn might have been the funniest as Corey was a dough ball corn fed Mormon who was constantly getting played by his scheming Ecuadorian girlfriend. When he shows up Quito, she's not even there to drive him to her village and says "You need to prove to me you are resourceful and can make it here on the bus", you can tell this guys never taken any public transit before let alone a cramped South American bus, he's nearly melting down since he can't figure out the bus schedules and the transfers. When he arrives he doesn't speak Spanish so he's stuck with no one to talk to, and can't get a job in town to support the both of them, even though he's already drained $50k of his savings to help her build a beachfront bar that makes no money. He later learns that Evelyn has been cheating on him and his nickname around town is "El Cachudo" (The Cuck) because Evelyn has been openly cheating on him in the village while pilfering him for all he's worth.

Just the slow destruction of complete moron who continually gets back up to shovel more poo poo into his gaping maw.

she used his money to buy a bar and he's constantly like "let's go back to america please" and she's living the loving dream

also the guy who told him about the cheating was his only friend down there and he was also one of the people she cheated with

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Beached Whale posted:

"El Cachudo" (The Cuck)

rockear posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
colt and larissa are the goat couple on this show hands down

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i watched one episode of this poo poo years ago i think when i still somewhat watched a little tv, and it was mind-boggling im glad i stopped watching tv

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

90 Day Ian Fidance

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

vyelkin posted:

jesus christ at everything posted itt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

90 Day Ian Fidance

been having this intrusive thought recently as well

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

death to america

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the american middle class commit 9/11 levels of lebensraum crimes on a daily basis

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Was this the show where that one woman dragged her poor kid to Morocco

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

What would Karl Marx have to say about 90 day fiance?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

"That's the tea, sis"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

90 day fiance but it's fivel

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

"My fiancee is obsessed with Fritos"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

90 day fiance but it's fivel

90 day fiance but it's Ian Fidance dating Fivel

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

putting the empty bottle back in the cupboard absolutely deranged behavior.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
on episode 1 now

there's a mormon guy going to marry a brazilian girl who looks like she's about 17 that he met on a mission
an IT guy who refinanced his home to bring a woman he met on a chat zone to the US from Russia
the most normal couple seems to be the Okie oil guy who is marrying a woman from Columbia, is he la cuckaracha or whatever?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

spacemang_spliff posted:

on episode 1 now

there's a mormon guy going to marry a brazilian girl who looks like she's about 17 that he met on a mission
an IT guy who refinanced his home to bring a woman he met on a chat zone to the US from Russia
the most normal couple seems to be the Okie oil guy who is marrying a woman from Columbia, is he la cuckaracha or whatever?

That mission was not recent, either

Okie dude and el cachudo are different dudes, there are like one thousand seasons of this and each is worse than the last. You're gonna learn so much

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my wife and i watched the first season and it was much more normal than what it sounds like the subsequent ones are lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

he was 21 and he met her when she was 15 or 16, one of the first things he says about her is how piss poor her village is LOL!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he was 21 and he met her when she was 15 or 16, one of the first things he says about her is how piss poor her village is LOL!

don't worry it's not weird because he has his friend chaperoning so they don't have premarital sex

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

spacemang_spliff posted:

on episode 1 now

bruh there's like 50 seasons of this poo poo. you got 90 day fiance this is the OG. 90 day the other way which is my personal fav because you see abusive dipshit americans moving to third world countries to get into the most dysfunctional poo poo you've ever seen in yr life. then you get the 90 day extended cinematic universe with poo poo like darcey and stacey (we call this the 90 day starce and darce for unknowable reasons), happily ever after, and then there's the reaction shows where you have past season's successful couples watching the newer seasons and talking mad poo poo. honestly jealous that you're on s1e1 you have no idea how much brain rot you have in front of you. cheers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

china is going to have a whole wing dedicated to this show in their "crimes of the fallen american empire" museum

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Where would ond watch 90 day the other way it sounds pwnage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

I don't remember anything particularly crazy that happened here but get ready for some cringe