Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i have seen or heard every second of the 90 Day expanded universe thanks to my partner and there is no truer expression of the american spirit on television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i have seen or heard every second of the 90 Day expanded universe thanks to my partner and there is no truer expression of the american spirit on television

i think the 90 day cinematic universe is tied with Settlers for things that have had the largest effect permanently expatriating my locus of proletarian solidarity

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

If I had to explain Americans to an alien it would be my first move

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
90 day fiance but its fiveish

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

and then there's the reaction shows where you have past season's successful couples watching the newer seasons and talking mad poo poo.

yeah this is wild to me, they had to create another layer of watching 90 day fiance, very meta

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

90 day fiance but its fiveish

90 day fiance but its fourvel

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
subtitle of the show may as well be "To their white surprise"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dr. Killjoy posted:

subtitle of the show may as well be "To their white surprise"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Dr. Killjoy posted:

that rat looks loving miserable

dark souls rat

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

a weird looking guy has his hat snatched off his head and he just pulls a new hat out of nowhere

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

There's a guy who's really really into god and dating women his daughter's age and then he got popped for a DUI and claimed it was because some homeless people he was helping out sneak-a-dosed him with something called flubromazolam

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the 58 year old dude that is going to marry a 19 year old (who is younger than his daughter) just glows with Epstein radiation. He's like if Epstein was obsessed with his ex-wife.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

glenn greenwald is the original 90 day fiance the other way groomer success story

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Every time I watch 90 day I say it's an indictment of our society that all these resources are spent on this show which could instead be spent sending the participants to therapy. I'm still going to watch that poo poo though because goddamn does it produce good content.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham posted:

lol

need to watch this

im learning a lot about the american way of life. thank you cspam and tlc

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

rockear posted:

The Learning Channel lmao

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Al! posted:

the gummo channel

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

speng31b posted:

Americans are demons lmao

yep. but you gotta love em.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this show kicks rear end. I remember there was this kinda normal seeming couple of a kid who lived at home on the farm and didn't have much money to leave but Im like 80% sure the Ukrainian woman who moved in with him and his family was just a way to get free labor bc they put her to work almost immediately until she had a mental breakdown .

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

the way that guys hyper controlling parents yelled commands at him made me so uncomfortable I turned it off and never finished any of his episodes. Weird point to peace out on but it hit real close to my home trauma

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

As I recall the farm was really just like a few animals... the big money was apparently that they ran a puppy farm behind the scenes and they were deeply offended when he didn't want to continue being free labor for them/one day "take over the family business"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

As I recall the farm was really just like a few animals... the big money was apparently that they ran a puppy farm behind the scenes and they were deeply offended when he didn't want to continue being free labor for them/one day "take over the family business"

yeah iirc they were running a german shepherd puppy mill and trying to sell them as working dogs

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

In Training posted:

this show kicks rear end. I remember there was this kinda normal seeming couple of a kid who lived at home on the farm and didn't have much money to leave but Im like 80% sure the Ukrainian woman who moved in with him and his family was just a way to get free labor bc they put her to work almost immediately until she had a mental breakdown .

lol his parents and their medicinal hot tub

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Real Mean Queen posted:

lol his parents and their medicinal hot tub

oh god
the fight about their son jizzing in their medicinal hot tub

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

oh god
the fight about their son jizzing in their medicinal hot tub

I'm still on season 4 but I can't wait to see what this is

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the weed dealer and his russian girlfriend who hates him

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I wish anfisa had a show on pbs that teaches little girls to know their worth

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

my jimminy cricket is a little anfisa in my head who tells me "gently caress this rear end in a top hat, I want the 300k dollar ring"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

90 day fiance the other way is great, the latest one where the LA fashion lady goes to marry some ultraconservative guy in Egypt without realizing he'll demand she wear a hijab, then discovering that not all Egyptians are like this when she meets the yoga lady and she just happened to pick a guy from the most conservative neighborhood in Cairo and now she's debating just going back to the US

gotta wonder why people do this poo poo to themselves lmao (prolly to get on tv I know but still). Oh! the guy in India who is "waiting for the right moment" (over three years) to tell his family he is engaged to an American lady while they are actively looking for a wife for him in an arranged marriage

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Apr 28, 2023

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

spacemang_spliff posted:

the weed dealer and his russian girlfriend who hates him

Very possibly the peak of the show. I'm not saying stop after that, there's so much more to Learn, but that's way up there

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Anfisa also refuses to participate in the show past her season because she doesn't make an idiot out of herself for pennies lol she owns

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

there are so many variations of loser dirtbag lamenting "she only loves me for my money" while having no other positive traits

and I don't even mean just physically, like... no interests, no charm, no wit, no hobbies... dull conversation in no man's land or playing xbox all day and expecting to be unconditionally loved while ripping their partners away from everything they know and giving them absolutely nothing but things they can buy

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

there are so many variations of loser dirtbag lamenting "she only loves me for my money" while having no other positive traits

and I don't even mean just physically, like... no interests, no charm, no wit, no hobbies... dull conversation in no man's land or playing xbox all day and expecting to be unconditionally loved while ripping their partners away from everything they know and giving them absolutely nothing but things they can buy

That's one of the constants, and the other is the dead-eyed friend/sibling who heard of the country this person is from for the first time one minute ago, and suddenly has very strong opinions about what kind of thing happens in that country and how this person must only be in it for a green card so they can escape to the promised that is rural ohio or whatever. If America has anything, it's people who have never seen a passport who also have very strong opinions about everywhere in the world.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

best scene is when Larissa shits on this dude's gamer cred.

https://streamable.com/e/u5ib2o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah I love everyone who gets all cringey when they hear a foreigner is coming. You sure this isn't just for a green card dude?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i haven't seen most of the seasons (should probably remedy that!) but yea half the time it's for a fuckin green card lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Anfisa also refuses to participate in the show past her season because she doesn't make an idiot out of herself for pennies lol she owns

they finally got her to interview and they're like "why u mad tho" and she just rolls her eyes lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wheeee posted:

i haven't seen most of the seasons (should probably remedy that!) but yea half the time it's for a fuckin green card lol

ya, hope they get their green cards and run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Wheeee posted:

can't blame them really