Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

well yea the show wouldn't be as entertaining if it wasn't mostly delusional idiots and scammers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Wheeee posted:

i haven't seen most of the seasons (should probably remedy that!) but yea half the time it's for a fuckin green card lol

Oh that's definitely true in a lot of cases, I just find it super funny that we often meet a character from loving nowhere getting all worked up about somebody trying to sneak in and live the good life. If I'm in Sequim Washington, I'm just happy somebody is moving to town, you know what I mean?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

oh god
the fight about their son jizzing in their medicinal hot tub

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Justin Tyme posted:

90 day fiance the other way is great, the latest one where the LA fashion lady goes to marry some ultraconservative guy in Egypt without realizing he'll demand she wear a hijab, then discovering that not all Egyptians are like this when she meets the yoga lady and she just happened to pick a guy from the most conservative neighborhood in Cairo and now she's debating just going back to the US

gotta wonder why people do this poo poo to themselves lmao (prolly to get on tv I know but still). Oh! the guy in India who is "waiting for the right moment" (over three years) to tell his family he is engaged to an American lady while they are actively looking for a wife for him in an arranged marriage

The indian guy is engaged to an american lady who is like 25 years older than him and his mom gives her the stinkeye like 100% of the time they're in the same room, it owns

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

The indian guy is engaged to an american lady who is like 25 years older than him and his mom gives her the stinkeye like 100% of the time they're in the same room, it owns

that couple is great, they are both so dopey and pathetic its hard not to root for em

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

This isn't really a highlight of the show or anything but it is something lodged like a splinter in my brain, there is an episode where Asuelu is trying to impress his family and his fiancee and takes them on a fancy date to a food truck. He walks up to order and just says, "give me the best of the besssst". That's the whole order. He walks away with what looks like 15 orders of onion rings and poo poo iirc.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Asuelus grendel mother is a highlight of a foreign character being depraved

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

drat this show sounds awesome I need to watch

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

an image from this thread i have been unable to get out of my head is that dopey american guy asking this stern father if he can take his 19 year old daughter to a hotel

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I wish anfisa had a show on pbs that teaches little girls to know their worth

Anfisa is da best

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Omg the roller coaster of this checkup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7q9wn04e2s

Current status: she did Los Angeles Community College (woot woot fellow alumni) and now has MBA at UC-Irvine which is perfect, no notes, perfect story. She also got buff

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Apr 28, 2023

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

the weed dealer and his russian girlfriend who hates him

I havent seen every season so maybe there is a literal weed dealer, but I feel like this describes at least 5 different couples on the show

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I havent seen every season so maybe there is a literal weed dealer, but I feel like this describes at least 5 different couples on the show

theyre talking about Fat Jorge who actually went to prison after his season. he was probably happier there then when he saw him

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
What's Colt's username

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

spacemang_spliff posted:

What's Colt's username

spacemang_spliff

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Anyone against the queen will die

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lobster shirt posted:

spacemang_spliff

Rude

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Al! posted:

the gummo channel

Not to :goonsay: but this made me laugh so hard I gave myself the hiccups.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I just started watching this show. I love it. Tas tas tas!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
what’s the best season? I don’t want to sit through all nine.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Definitely the earlier ones. It gets to be diminishing returns when they start trying to affix a formula to it so I'd say start at 1 and stop when you hate yourself

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Definitely the earlier ones. It gets to be diminishing returns when they start trying to affix a formula to it

this is true of all reality shows, they're good until the producers figure out whatever maximizes viewership and then it sucks. like restaurant impossible was great until they decided to turn it into family therapy hour lol.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

don't stop until you've met the trump woman and big ed

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Wheeee posted:

don't stop

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

this season has the insane 67 year old woman who dresses like a cartoon villain becoming absolutely shocked that the weird freakshow ‘artist’ guy she met online when he was like 22 and who paints as well as a five-year old was scamming her for a green card all along

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The show is extremely uneven, so feel free to skip stuff. The 90 day audience demands couples they can root for, which means you get some real boring stuff in there, and the people making the show also like to keep people on waaay after they stop being interesting. If you're not feeling something, there's so much more where that came from.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Wheeee posted:

don't stop until you've met the trump woman and big ed

i am still convinced that big ed is one of the special effect aliens george lucas had edited into the remastered episode 4-6, and not a real human

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

speng31b posted:

i am still convinced that big ed is one of the special effect aliens george lucas had edited into the remastered episode 4-6, and not a real human

Big Ed is pure American to me. Delusional stupid and sheltered.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

pretty sure big ed has mod adjacent tendencies

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that video of Big Ed that Wheee posted is one of the worst videos ive ever watched

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

speng31b posted:

Americans are demons lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Milosh posted:

Big Ed is pure American to me. Delusional stupid and sheltered.

also extremely evil and a vile disgusting monster. yes..... American

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R911RI6ElKw

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

I just started watching this show. I love it. Tas tas tas!

i'm on season 2 now and I think I found my first guy that is in it for the wrong reasons

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

pretty sure big ed has mod adjacent tendencies

elaborate

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

on what?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Big Ed is also verbally and physically abusive. It's kinda vile they kept him on as long as they did.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

say more about what big ed does that you think is mod adjacent

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Big Ed is also verbally and physically abusive. It's kinda vile they kept him on as long as they did.

I think they have had to drop 2-3 storylines because the americans ended up being violent criminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ram dass in hell posted:

say more about what big ed does that you think is mod adjacent

you want me to say more about what big ed does that I think is mod adjacent?