Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have nothing against Colts fans anymore since they haven't fallen rear end backwards into a generational QB lately but better you than me having to try to feel good about the Richardson pick

ON THE OTHER HAND I notoriously am wrong about picks and thought Mahomes was just as much of a project that wouldn't work out because lol Texas Tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm happy to get an exciting QB. Maybe he'll never develop into a great passer but he's always going to have the running ability. So if it's anything like watching Justin Fields then I'm all in.

If he turns out to be great that's even better, but it's just so nice to have a QB that can play the modern game and seems very likeable. We haven't had someone like that since Luck.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

big qb with physical potential? hopefully cardale jones 2.0 and the colts tailspin into permanent irrelevancy :v:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the scouting reports on richardson are all very funny because its like "pros: hes big, hes fast, hes athletic, he can throw the ball 100000000000 yards from his knees. cons: accuracy, decision making, touch, pocket feel need substantial work" like lol what position does he play again? anyway its hard to throw stones as a texans fan but nevertheless.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Metapod posted:

It's a terrible option because the ceiling is low. I want to win a championship he isn't good enough

well, first i would say the rest of the team won't be good enough to win a super bowl for a couple years. they'll be lucky to make the playoffs before untangling j-rob's mess.

second, if dudes like nick foles and joe flacco can win a super bowl, ryan tannehill absolutely can too. he got to the afc championship game with this franchise (and then poo poo the bed, but still)

titans fans have had a hate on for this dude since he took over, but he's literally the titan's winningest quarterback with 10+ starts at .663*. he's more than capable.

*this ratio probably falls well below that this season tbf

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

well, first i would say the rest of the team won't be good enough to win a super bowl for a couple years. they'll be lucky to make the playoffs before untangling j-rob's mess.

second, if dudes like nick foles and joe flacco can win a super bowl, ryan tannehill absolutely can too. he got to the afc championship game with this franchise (and then poo poo the bed, but still)

titans fans have had a hate on for this dude since he took over, but he's literally the titan's winningest quarterback with 10+ starts at .663*. he's more than capable.

*this ratio probably falls well below that this season tbf

1) That's why it would be super dumb to continue with tanny his era is done

2) those guys you mentioned played really well in the playoffs. Tannehill was seeing full box defenses all the time and couldn't punish it in games that matter. That's really bad

3) I don't care someone did well in October when it doesn't translate to January. This isn't a 1 year reaction in all the years he had 1 game he played okayed in the playoffs the rest he looked like an anchor around our necks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just so everyone knows it Tannehill is 35 this season

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Metapod go back to bed. It’s too early for this

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

oh no, he's gonna turn into a pumpkin

i'm not arguing that the quarterback question needs to be answered soonish, i'm just saying it doesn't have to be solved during the 2023 season, and that they could restructure his deal so that they don't have to solve it for 2024 either.

when you need to overhaul the WR room and rebuild the OL in addition to other spots like LB, throwing out a totally serviceable QB is a waste of time and resources.

not to mention they'll likely have to turnover the RB position at the same time as the QB

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Metapod posted:

Just so everyone knows it Tannehill is 35 this season

big deal im older than that

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Relax yall. Metapod is one of the insane mariota stans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol I've never held it against tanny for doing well after mariota just as I won't use compare who we get next to tanny.

Soul Glo posted:

oh no, he's gonna turn into a pumpkin

i'm not arguing that the quarterback question needs to be answered soonish, i'm just saying it doesn't have to be solved during the 2023 season, and that they could restructure his deal so that they don't have to solve it for 2024 either.

when you need to overhaul the WR room and rebuild the OL in addition to other spots like LB, throwing out a totally serviceable QB is a waste of time and resources.

not to mention they'll likely have to turnover the RB position at the same time as the QB

Yes we agree we need a lot. What im saying it would incredibly stupid to extend a guy who isn't apart of the future

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If it means we have more flexibility financially next season to tack one extra extension year though?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Terrible pick yuck

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Time to delude myself into Will Levis being elite

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

gently caress

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol titans

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

will penis

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
this division sure is gonna be interesting QB wise for a bit

lol

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Hahaha

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Boy, will you all look bad when Will Levis wins the Super Bowl MVP.

Please don't remember this post.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Levi's is a 2nd round pick so him being bad and landing us Caleb is good and smart

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans still have plenty of time to trade Kevin Byard for the 3rd they just lost lmao

Edit: Oh it was next years 3rd, but still. Plenty of time to do more dumb poo poo

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 29, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
For a 2 I don’t hate it but this makes it critical we get a needle mover at WR with the 3rd rounder

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Malik didn't even get a chance

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

Malik didn't even get a chance

what killed malik is that vrabel coached him to go through progressions instead of just running and he refused to do it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

sorry to the Malik fans/those in denial out there

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don’t think Malik or his mom post here.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

so henry 100% gone and soon right

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

so henry 100% gone and soon right

No thats not what drafting a 3rd round hb means lol. Could he be traded sure but this trade doesn't show that

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

in that case seems real dumb to have nwi as wr2 and yet spend your third pick on rb2

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You just aren't seeing the genius in ensuring levis will get to throw to marvin Harrison jr

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I was with it for the first two picks, and after tulanes hilarious bowl game win I love this guy but not with the holes at wr. What the gently caress, man.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Didn't Rapoport say on the broadcast that the guy doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees, and also has arthritis? He was talking like he might not make it to a second contract

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

last year vrabel calls out specifically that we have no one to throw to and that we gotta stop picking dudes with suspect injury histories and we take the backup running back with arthritis after we trade up for a qb we didn't need and 7 wide receivers come off the board

make it make sense

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Didn't Rapoport say on the broadcast that the guy doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees, and also has arthritis? He was talking like he might not make it to a second contract

Link

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Best I could find

https://twitter.com/MickeyRyan1045/status/1652138088779456513

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Pretty baffling. If we had a fourth round pick I would feel a lot better about potentially grabbing a guy like AT Perry or Tyler Scott but we don’t have one! This is such a luxury pick in a draft where you only had six selections to begin with