Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
did the jags do anything to address the glaring issues with their o-line? or is baalke still the dumbest fucker around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No they did not address their qbs inability to identify a blitz

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I can’t wait for Calvin Ridley to style all over my favorite team twice a year for the next 4 years. My favorite team being the Texans. Stupid Jaguars.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Step 1: Teach Calvin Ridley the playbook and what routes to run.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I can’t wait for Calvin Ridley to style all over my favorite team twice a year for the next 4 years. My favorite team being the Texans. Stupid Jaguars.

With the Texans shiny new pass rush it's a good thing Billy Jeans doesn't have terrible numbers under pressure

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

Man if they hit on a rookie wr in the draft this could be the first actually good passing offense in titans history lol

I will not tolerate this Steve McNair erasure

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Colts now have an elite QB room.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
NWI is eternal

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Glad to have NWI back, ngl. A guy who can slot in for any WR that needs a few reps off or even start if injuries happen, who can play ST and has experience and is likely really cheap? Sure, man, sounds good.

I’m a much bigger fan of him as WR4 or WR5 instead of Vrabel and Co’s WR2 though.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Also, fwiw, Derrick Henry jerseys are like 80% off at Dick's right now. Just ordered a white one for me to go with my Oilers colorway and picked up a light blue for my toddler for $60 shipped.

Don't care if he's a Raven for the next couple years. Relevant, evergreen Titans gear, imo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's a pretty deep discount for such a long tenured and beloved player. I guess Dick's is a nationwide chain though so they see player leave team they put up big discount no matter what

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Intruder posted:

That's a pretty deep discount for such a long tenured and beloved player. I guess Dick's is a nationwide chain though so they see player leave team they put up big discount no matter what

Yeah I got the replicas, $32 for mine (normally $130), $13 for my kid’s (normally like $50-60?). The genuine one is down to $130 from $350.

Crazy good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wish I'd checked when Watt and Nuk were traded

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

Man if they hit on a rookie wr in the draft this could be the first actually good passing offense in titans history lol

Is this Air McNair erasure???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ApolloTexans/status/1768392201506042217

9m AAV for cooked Mixon ewwwwww

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Houston just gave away their first for no reason????

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They got a second in 2025!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

must be hoping the vikings have a bad year otherwise bleh

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Eh, there’s a lot of talent in the second round and they just loaded up in free agency. This puts them in position to grab another WR or project tackle

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not really sure i like tradign out of the first round

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Might not be the worst thing, depending on who you think is going in the 20-40 range and whether any of those players fit major needs for Houston. Would've been nice to get something besides a 2025 second and a Day 3 pick upgrade though, even a couple 6ths or whatever.

Texans went aggressive as hell last year and it clearly paid off though, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

it was pretty funny going back and seeing everyone (including me) call the texans idiots for trading up for anderson and insisting the cards would be getting a top 5 pick out of it (also mcmagic saying stroud was a terrible pick)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one of my most shameful memories as a texans fan was watching the draft at a bar and joining in when everyone booed jj watt being drafted. lol.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

one of my most shameful memories as a texans fan was watching the draft at a bar and joining in when everyone booed jj watt being drafted. lol.

I've told this story before but I was at a bar with friends and when they took JJ instead of Robert Quinn I got so mad I left

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

I've told this story before but I was at a bar with friends and when they took JJ instead of Robert Quinn I got so mad I left

i think i wanted corey liuget

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I guess if you believe the draft is a crapshoot and more picks = better thats defensible and I even do believe that but I kinda feel like we could have drafted a first rounder at any defensive position and itd be good

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Intruder posted:

must be hoping the vikings have a bad year otherwise bleh

I mean as a Vikings fan I'll be real, it's probably not going to be the best. The NFCN is possibly the toughest division in football right now, second only to the AFCN, and the Vikings are a very clear #3 behind the Lions and Packers right now, maybe even worse if the Bears actually do competent things for the first time in forty years.

That being said, I think they're trying very hard to get better and there's a very strong future potential in the team, but it's probably a future resting in 2025, not 2024. I will be thrilled to be wrong and they do super good, though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redeye Flight posted:

The NFCN is possibly the toughest division in football right now,

Lmfao

All nfc divisions are uncompetitive trash

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Caserio hit so drat hard on last year's draft I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Vikings are going into a rebuild and the Bears are the Bears. The NFC North is far from the most competitive division.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Texans are heavy favorites in the AFCS, which means they won't win the AFCS. Since the Jags are only good once every 5-10 years, then it's down to the Colts or Titans.

Since nobody finally thinks the Colts will do well, then I predict Joe Flacco leads the Colts to a division title and wildcard victory, before losing their divisional match in a close one,

I also predict the Titans get a 6 or 7 seed, win their wildcard match, and them get destroyed in the divisional.

Texans might sneak another wildcard spot, I think one and done. Jags will drag the rear as usual thanks to Trevor Bust. Colts, Tits, and Texans fans will still be optimistic about next year, while Jags fans continue to wallow in misery.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think the texans will win the super bowl

Mega64
May 23, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i think the texans will win the super bowl

If you don't believe this for your own team then your team is either rebuilding or you're not a true fan.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its quite easy to see the Texans taking a step back next year for no other reason than having to play a 1st place schedule instead of a 4th place one but Stroud is so good that it hopefully won't matter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

not just a first place schedule but not playing the nfc south either (which they went .500 against lol)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

Its quite easy to see the Texans taking a step back next year for no other reason than having to play a 1st place schedule instead of a 4th place one but Stroud is so good that it hopefully won't matter

Yeah plus a year of tape on teams tendencies

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

god I hope they don't have the same run-run-pass tendencies next year

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I think the move signals that the Texans don't see value where they were picking, that the real tier of talent stops at say, 18 or 20. So if you're gonna get a comparable player a few picks later, why not take more of those players? It gives them extra players, and they see themselves still picking in the same level of talent.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

after a photo of the new texans uniforms leaked, cal mcnair (or someone using his account) posted a better photo on the texans subreddit today

not really sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think I'd like it better if the numbers were still red