Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Well, our mediocre LT decided to do PEDs i guess, so our Oline is going to be even more poo poo this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Barring injuries this is probably all upside, Walker Little is better and this keeps the Jags from being dumb and extending Robinson (whose dead money clears after this year)

Who starts at RT then? Wells? Not really encouraging.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, baffled by the tank pick with everything else we could use bodies for.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Almost as impressive as Jameis with his towels.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

This is the team Shad wants Jacksonville to stump up a billion for. I'd rather they move at this point, my Sundays would be much better.

Teva fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 24, 2023

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Will be interesting to see how Big Mayo does as teams start to get film on him, and are also not the Falcons. Also, the Jags "gritty not pretty' thing is getting old and they need to start blowing some of these losers out.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Can't believe big mayo murdered burks to end your last possesion.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Trevor trash

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

And pick # 2 from Trevor Trash. Can't wait til this dude gets a huge payday to lead the league in turnovers for the next decade, and for Jacksonville to shell out a billion and a half to keep this garbage team in town.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Per ESPN Stats & Info, this is Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence's eighth career game with 3+ turnovers, three more than any other player since 2021 (Josh Allen and Mac Jones have 5 each).

E:

Since Trevor Lawrence entered the league in 2021, 20 passers have averaged more yards per dropback. Twenty-one have averaged more EPA per play. And 18 have a higher success rate. The former no. 1 pick has been … mediocre through the first three years of his career, and that would be the perfect word to describe his output in 2023. After Sunday’s 30-12 loss in Tampa Bay, the Jaguars quarterback finds himself on the outside of the top 10 in every major passing category. His numbers have regressed across the board from where they were in 2022 and are nearly as bad as they were under Urban Meyer—the biggest red flag of all.

Go do a comparison through their first years against Bortles. He's very similar, just with fewer touchdowns and picks, wiht a few more fumbles. So he's a more conservative bortles who doesn't support the beach bars.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

My biggest problem with Trev is that he tries to do hero ball bullshit, and that doesn't work for him. He just takes more shots, and throws more picks, as a result of it. Some players can do that poo poo and have it work out. Trevor cannot. The state of the offense isn't all on him, but turning it over as often as he does is and i'm not sure he fixes it. Having a QB who is 'good when the rest of the offense is' probably won't amount to much.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Trevor going to start with busted shoulder, i'm sure this will end well.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Genuinely wish they would just move the team to London so I could stop following them. It's a team of losers, owned by losers, and they'll never get it right. Glad Jacksonville will shell out more than a billion to keep this garbage fire in town.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Is there anything about TN that would appeal to a coach right now, particularly an offensive minded one? Not sure Billy Jeans was good enough to merit much excitement and everyone else is old and/or bad. Does Strunk pay well?

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, that cap space will help, still think y'all will be in for the next rung down for coaches though. Maybe you get a Bienamy and he ends up good.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Perhaps they'll actually give Lawrence a game off to recover now after he gets murdered behind our unchanged oline next season.

Edit: I do actually like the move though. Solid backup for a 6th, not sure how much of his salary comes over, and he's a local.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

This is the 6th 6th rounder they've used on a QB since 2016. Ignoring those picks the best they've gotten is I guess Parker Washington. I don't think Baalke is going to find many late round gems, so not especially broken up about them losing one. Just less for me to read about and pretend to be optimistic for after the draft.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

gently caress I hate my team

Looks like we signed that Center from the Bills at least. I'm sure he will work out well, just like all of our other FA O-Line signings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

The new Zay, assuming they now cut Zay.